Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
friends78

王俯: The Wong's Family @ Boon Keng

I think without ID even better cos it's really your choice... Sometimes ID might insist that the tiles we select r not nice, colour combination not good or agree instantly once u commented 'not bad' cos they can knock off early... I think I stick to mine lah... Safe colour can't be that bad right? BTW, your hse very nicely done up... Your baby sleeping in your room?

safe colour then will be fine lah.... :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yaya, agreed. at least when we take own sweet time selecting, no one will pull a long face beside us. kakaka. :notti:

thanks for the comment. we want our own privacy and space, therefore baby sleeps in his own room with our maid. can close door as we on air con for baby. but cannot lock door. moreover, we sleep late becuase we watch tv, surf net and play dota. better not pass these bad influence to him. kekeke :D

Same same... My baby sleeps with MIL cos we sleep late with all the 'vices' u have posted... Tv, surfing etc... Was thinking of fetching him every night but still deciding whether to put him in our room or train him to sleep alone... Me 'bo' maid leh... I'm the maid... Kekekeke....

yeaa.. tiles selection varies from couples to couples. we completed our tiles selection in 2 hours @ halfary (defu lane) without our ID somemore. he must be very happy with it.

we went for safe colours (e.g. white, beige, brown) which are sight lasting that match our house theme of earth warm tone. but of course with ID ard, u can ask them for opinions /ideas to play with those mosiac tiles pattern.

I think without ID even better cos it's really your choice... Sometimes ID might insist that the tiles we select r not nice, colour combination not good or agree instantly once u commented 'not bad' cos they can knock off early... I think I stick to mine lah... Safe colour can't be that bad right? BTW, your hse very nicely done up... Your baby sleeping in your room?

ya la safe colour will be fine... can last you for years and won't feel outdated~ if Henry tells you "you will stay in your house for so long meh" you tell him back you're planning to stay here forever... hahaha :P

during tile selection, i rejected all the mosaic tiles cos i feel it will be very difficult to wash.... LOL :lol:

during tile selection, i rejected all the mosaic tiles cos i feel it will be very difficult to wash.... LOL :lol:

High five on the rejection on Mosaic tiles! But I rejected it becos I've seen it everywhere nowadays... Seen it in almost all the TV programme relating to home designing and on mag...

ya la safe colour will be fine... can last you for years and won't feel outdated~ if Henry tells you "you will stay in your house for so long meh" you tell him back you're planning to stay here forever... hahaha :P

ya, mosiac is so difficult to wash..... i cannot imagine trying to do that every week. :unsure:

High five on the rejection on Mosaic tiles! But I rejected it becos I've seen it everywhere nowadays... Seen it in almost all the TV programme relating to home designing and on mag...

ya, mosiac is so difficult to wash..... i cannot imagine trying to do that every week. :unsure:

*high 5* yea 30 x 60mm tiles already got enough grout lines for me, don't talk about mosaic.... :rolleyes:

*high 5* yea 30 x 60mm tiles already got enough grout lines for me, don't talk about mosaic.... :rolleyes:

yes!!! my ID asked me to take 30x30 but i didn't want. i chose 30x60 instead. he says the water flow will not be as smooth but i don't think that will make much of a different.

how is yours?

yes!!! my ID asked me to take 30x30 but i didn't want. i chose 30x60 instead. he says the water flow will not be as smooth but i don't think that will make much of a different.

how is yours?

Maybe... think the tiles are laid slightly slanted to direct the water to the outlet pipe.

so if it's 30x60, maybe harder to control the gradual angular differences... :P

Maybe... think the tiles are laid slightly slanted to direct the water to the outlet pipe.

your english is definitely better than mine. i can't explain it in words and you explained it perfectly. hehehe...

how is yours?

oh let me clarify: My floor tiles are 30 x 30, wall tiles 30 x 60.

reason for using 30 x 30? same as what csingeu mentioned... and yes i can't explain it properly like he did~ hahaha :lol:

oh let me clarify: My floor tiles are 30 x 30, wall tiles 30 x 60.

reason for using 30 x 30? same as what csingeu mentioned... and yes i can't explain it properly like he did~ hahaha :lol:

oh, i am using 30x60 for floor as well as wall. hehehee.... i don't think its a big problem with the water flowing if use bigger tiles. after all, its just me. afer i finish using, no one else will go in anymore.

oh, i am using 30x60 for floor as well as wall. hehehee.... i don't think its a big problem with the water flowing if use bigger tiles. after all, its just me. afer i finish using, no one else will go in anymore.

If the "slope" not done properly (since i suppose it's harder to do with 60x30), the water will not flow off properly... and may result in puddles... and hence longer time to dry => possibility of it getting dirty and harder to clean increases, as maybe the soapy water cannot drain off properly...

:P

If the "slope" not done properly (since i suppose it's harder to do with 60x30), the water will not flow off properly... and may result in puddles... and hence longer time to dry => possibility of it getting dirty and harder to clean increases, as maybe the soapy water cannot drain off properly...

:P

i will tell you about it when i do it.... but by that time i think you already done with your reno and might be a regret on my side. Let's see how it goes....

And this is the Living floor tiles... Nothing special but we just want something beige or white. I luv a particular white design which looked like marble but it was quite ex... about $4 plus... Henry cal and cal and said that we must top up about $900 if we were to choose it. Hubby upon hearing 'Top up' insisted on this beige design ... In order 'to live happily ever after' with hubby (no point fighting over tiles right?) and since I have my toilet tiles already... I decided not to fight for my rights again...

5380935566_80f21c9ab7.jpg

Sorry guys, I forgot to take photos on my Kitchen wall and floor tiles as I kept looking at my favs..... Ha! Ha!

henry is good that he 'warns' you about the top-up.

mine dun! And charge us for the top-up when tiling is in process :bangwall:

yeaa.. tiles selection varies from couples to couples. we completed our tiles selection in 2 hours @ halfary (defu lane) without our ID somemore. he must be very happy with it.

we went for safe colours (e.g. white, beige, brown) which are sight lasting that match our house theme of earth warm tone. but of course with ID ard, u can ask them for opinions /ideas to play with those mosiac tiles pattern.

That is fast in tile selection. We lost count on the time spent in tiles shop haha

We have even gone to the shops before confirming any id/contractor

Like mosiac colour, but.. out for us too, due to maintenance, too many grouting lines. But those show flats on tv are always using mosiac in front of kitchen cabinet. Definitely pleasant to eyes, but xiong ar haha

That is fast in tile selection. We lost count on the time spent in tiles shop haha

We have even gone to the shops before confirming any id/contractor

Like mosiac colour, but.. out for us too, due to maintenance, too many grouting lines. But those show flats on tv are always using mosiac in front of kitchen cabinet. Definitely pleasant to eyes, but xiong ar haha

ya, i have been to 2 shops and still cannot decide. haiz.....