Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yongwk

Help Needed! Matrix Concept - Alvin

Here to share our experience with Alvin as well! He worked on our very first home (a 4-rm flat) and we are very satisfied with the work done.

First of all, the price was very reasonable, and there was no hidden costs or extra charges that came unexpectedly. The quality of the workmanship was also very good. Like other reviewers have said, Alvin is very lifestyle oriented, and would give you recommendations and advice based on practicality, and not because of any prevailing interior designing trends. This was very appreciated from us as new home owners, and helped us move away from the unrealistic expectations set by interior design blogs and websites. I was also being a little particular and a bit of a pain during the design process, but Alvin was always accommodating and open-minded. He would always be patient and answer all our queries, even when we took forever picking our tiles, laminates and paint! Behind the scenes, he would also make sure everything was always running smoothly, and you could contact him regarding anything and at almost anytime.

What stood out most of all about Alvin is his integrity, kindness, sincerity, and pride that he holds in his work. With all the stories about errant or difficult contractors around, we were lucky and happy to have Alvin do up our first home for us. I'd wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone thinking of renovating.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is through shear chance that I met Mr Alvin Aw when he was working on the renovation of my neighbouring retail shop. As I was about to sign the contract to the lease of my premise, I casually invited him over to take a look. Much to my delight, Mr Aw was very forthcoming in sharing his ideas even though I have not officially engaged him. I was also pretty impressed by the knowledge he had, both within and outside of his trade. For example, he is able to advise me correctly on the almost everything ranging from hacking of floor, wall, HDB restrictions and permits, internet application, fire safety, weather considerations etc, of which I later confirmed with my QP to be correct.

As the premise I leased was a 40 year old HDB retail shop, my main concern was on the challenge to how can we transform the dilapidated state to a conducive learning centre. Mr Aw’s presentation really gave me hope. I eventually engaged his services and I would rate the entire experience a 9.5/10. The most memorable being when I realised that the project needs to be completed 1 month earlier than planned. To make things worse, the period spans across the CNY season. Mr Aw sat me down to come up with the plan on how to achieve that. This project will not be successful if not for his wealth of experience as well as his reliable team behind him. I was also very grateful that despite me giving him a not so pleasant new deadline, he was on my side instead of trying to push the blame back to me. I think this is very important as all knows, renovation can be quite a tiring and stressful experience. The last thing we want is to get into a deadlock with our ID/Contractor.

Just as in any other renovations, there are bound to be hiccups and Mr Aw had always been reassuring or otherwise, provided feasible solutions. All in all, I felt truly lucky to have met Mr Aw and here are some pictures I will like to share.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.00.51 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.00.50 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.02.08.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.00.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.02.05 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-04 at 09.02.07.jpeg

Alvin was the only contractor we met and decided to choose him since we heard good words about him through friends and acquaintances. He gives practical suggestions and stuff we would not have thought of, which made us "oh yeah of course!" He is not stingy with sharing of his knowledge about the tiniest details. His contacts for lightings and bathroom fittings were excellent. Both of us had good experience when buying all these stuff from the suppliers. Alvin is great at managing expectations.

We didn't want any tiles for our house but almost near date of completion, something came up on the surface of the cement screed (it was done by HDB out of goodwill). He was on it fast, advised us to put on tiles instead and got it done within two days. We were amazed and grateful.

We have no problem communicating with him. At times when he didn't update us and when we visited the house it was a nice surprise to see things were done. We were ok with that since we ourselves were moving at our own pace with the house. But trust us communicating with him wasn't a problem. Sometimes we had to call him on odd hours (like a Sunday or late evening) and he would still entertain us which we appreciated a lot.

Overall we would totally recommend him and be gladly to share his contact.

Hi all

I am sure  it is quite headache looking for good contractor/ID firm in renovating your house. So just to share with you guys here my experience with Alvin from Matrix Concept .I get to know him through a friend's recommendation. Before my hubby and I decided to assign Alvin as our contractor, we had compared the quotation from more than 7 interior firms. In the end we found that his quotation is the cheapest and most reasonable. The renovation of our new house was quite in a rush as our rental lease will expire soon. Upon knowing our condition, Alvin managed to arrange every works perfectly and get our new house done in just 4 weeks time, which normally will take up to 7 weeks or more. Everything was done as planned and he even asked the cleaner to clean our house twice so we can move our things in in time.

Alvin is always patient in listening to our requests, answering our doubts and give his best advices. He is quite different from other ID that i have met where he will give us his advices on what should do and what shouldn't, which help us in saving some money. His professional advices helps us save a lot of time too, example in choosing the tiles for kitchen and bathrooms, furnitures, lightning and painting. Whenever there are defect when we are inspecting the house, he will fix it immediately without complaint. 

Though he will not update us everyday on the works' progress, we have no worry at all. He and his teams work and communicate very well. Everything planned will be done as plan, without any delay. 

Overall we are very satisfied with his works and will recommend to friends or whoever who need it. Again thanks for making our dream home come true in an affordable price. If you want his contact do feel free to pm me.