Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

lying is definitely a no no.... That's why no lying but add in another truthful statement of how u feel abt her. :)

There are a series of excellent books by Allan and Barbra Pease. My two favorites are "Why me lie and why women cry" and "Why men don't listen and why women can't read maps". They are observations on human behavior from a evolutionary point of view and give insights in to the other sex and why the do what they do and what they really want that they may not be telling you.

The books are similar to 'Men are for Mars and women are from Venus" but I found them to be a lot more light hearted, a fun read and very informative. I personally believe that they were on the school syllabus there would be a lot less heartache in the world.

If people have not read them then please give them a go. If you have then get your partner to have a read too.

One part that has stayed with me for a number of years is this....

A woman comes home and complains to her husband about how work is very frustrating and someone else is getting a promotion and that she is not getting recognition for all the work she has put in.

Her husband, being a good loving husband, then starts to offer suggestions on what she should do to correct the problem and how best to tackle it.

What her husband did not realise is that she just needed an ear to release some tension to and get support from and not another boss or teacher telling her how to organise her life.

What she did not realise is that her husband is predisposed to be a problem solver so his was of showing love is to try and fix her problems for her.

After reading this so many things made sense and I made a conscious effort to stop giving solutions unless they were asked for and it was really hard to start with but in doing so it has improved the relationship by showing I have confidence in my wife that she can handle her own life but that she has my support if she ever requires it.

RB

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

lying is definitely a no no.... That's why no lying but add in another truthful statement of how u feel abt her. :)

Then you women should stop asking 'Do you prefer her or me." when in the middle of a fight :P. For that second, that moment in the fight, you will probably not be top of the list.

RB

Kobelala,

I am sure you will be happy to know your name came up a few times in the weekend meetups.

Unfortunately it seems it was usually linked with toilets :D.

I fear your reputation is made ;)

RB

Then you women should stop asking 'Do you prefer her or me." when in the middle of a fight :P. For that second, that moment in the fight, you will probably not be top of the list.

RB

Glad you read those books. Then u should know women quite well. Haha....

That's why RB travels from West to East, where both ends meet! :)

I think 'better' would be a more appropriate term ;). A man trying to understand women is just a Sisyphean task.

For those not versed in Greek mythology and specifically about the tale of Sisyphus ...

Sisyphus was a king punished by being compelled to roll an immense boulder up a hill, only to watch it roll back down, and to repeat this throughout eternity

That's why RB travels from West to East, where both ends meet! :)

I am not sure I am ready for it to be publicly revealed where my ends meet :D.

RB

It is a bit worrying that the first two could also be relevant for at least one other subject :o , not that I would expect anyone here to have any clue what that may be :P.

RB

:notti:

Just had a flash back to my early teenage years and Tracy Lords :dribble:

Edited by JCase

:notti:

Just had a flash back to my early teenage years and Tracy Lords :dribble:

Ha-ha, you are either old like me or into recycling ;)

RB

Sorry Bros and Sistas.... was away over the weekend to Bintan Club Med for company team building retreat... thanks for the on-going discussion on "Pang Sai" .... :o:D

Thanks Kobelala,

Nice to get confirmation err...... sort of :D.

Good flush, good spray, good diet and sai marks go away :P . Maybe they should teach that in schools. Might make it less hassle having to chase my older son if they did :o.

RB

RB, good idea... Then I hope that I qualify to give "Sai" lecture in schools... at least, that makes me a lecturer... ;)

haaa... so funny, all the "sai" conversation here! :P

think my hse is worst.. coz its by HDB, and its so called energy-saving aka wash-not-clean!

thus i agree, a good bidet is important!

Sis Footprint, welcome to the "Pang Sai" discussion :D

hey i think whether the black gold will continue to stay on the WC depends on the design of the bowl, and not becos it's expensive? mine is a 200+ WC and no stains leh :P

talking about the hand spray, it's something that i've never seen until i came to SG :lol: maybe not popular in HK. i'm thinking should i add one too cos it will be easier to wash toilet... ;)

btw, May_dream i agree with you that the flush button should be bigger. this is something i've never thought of.... now i gotta practice my "one-finger kungfu" (一阳指) on a daily basis..... :lol:

Sis Marshy, the sticking of "sai" on the bowl depends on many factors, as RB stated, food we take, good flush, good WC material.... :D:D

I also practise "one-finger kungfu" whenever I finish my business - for wiping 'hard to reach' areas on/in my _________ (fill in the blanks yourself, its gross)

Hi Knownothing.... thanks for dropping by and joining the "pang sai" discussion.... feel free to impart your 1 finger "Kung-Fu" to bros and sistas here :D

LOL i thought it is a Southeast Asian thing. didn't know Taiwan also have :P maybe HK toilets are so small that usually the normal shower head can be extended long enough to do the job of washing every corner of the toilet, so a hand spray is not quite necessary :lol:

sounds like your son is having a lot of fun with the spray :D

eh.... erm..... you guys can practice the "one-finger kungfu" too... on the flush button... this is not limited to ladies :lol:

Sis Marshy, 1 finger kung-fu in that case must be originated from 1 of those HDB flats in Singapore... I'm trying to track down the "founder" of this Singapore renown Kung-Fu :sport-smiley-004:

My toilet bowl also 200+ and also no stain. It's really the way toilet bowls are designed. Hehe.... And it's not easy to find a good big flush button. I hate to do the 1 finger thing.

No. us guys use the two finger punch of death :P.

That, or if really frustrated, the hammer of Gods coupled with the cry of shattering stone :D.

RB

Sis May it's time u join the RB British-Sg Kung Fu Association :o

:rofl:

Oh man, haven't had time catching up with people's blogs and it seems we've got more titled RT-ers! Kobelala being Knight Poo, and Adidaem holds the Duchess of All-Things Branded title!

I'm guessing RB is now the one-man show of the HTS Support Center.

- Ely

Sis Ely, then can I be called "Sir Poo" from this day on ? :o:D

Ah bugger man. Too much info :o

And I had to log in just before lunch.

LOL Bro, very good for diet :sport-smiley-004: How's your WC shopping :P

LOL, just came back from lunch to see this thread! Must admit I had no idea why the toilets in SG have these sprays. I thought they were either a low cost alternative to having a separate bidet unit for ladies to wash their "lady bits" or my other theory was that it might be because of the resident muslim population and I wondered if people installed it so that their muslim guests would not need to use their hands... Don't laugh, I honestly thought this and went so far as to ask a salesperson in one of the sanitary fittings shops about this. It gave her a laugh and she explained it's use vs the habit in HK to use a brush + flushing water. Must admit, I was a bit doubtful and apprehensive over splashback in case of incorrect angels too! :jawdrop:

RMG

Hi RMG thanks for dropping by and joing in the unique discussion :o:D

Infact ur theory is true! Muslim don't use toilet paper to clean.. water will be better :) and more hygienic :yamseng:

Sis Lady_R, thanks for sharing cultures and practices with us as Singapore is a multi racial country :D:good: do continue to join in the discussion :o:D

Kobelala,

I am sure you will be happy to know your name came up a few times in the weekend meetups.

Unfortunately it seems it was usually linked with toilets :D.

I fear your reputation is made ;)

RB

RB, thanks... but but.. ... can I be linked with ony the clean toilets n WCs ... :o:o:D

Edited by Kobelala

Bro, I saw ur post and intend to read it BUT I STOP myself from doing so..due to all the "sai" topic, I only read after my lunch wahahahaha..and now BURP! feeling full, thank you :bleah:

Sigh probably older than you :bangwall:

But with age brings.... err... ahh....err... something or other, I forget ;).

Rb

Sis May it's time u join the RB British-Sg Kung Fu Association :o

I would but I suspect my wife may not appreciate me practising with others ;).

RB