Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

pardon my ignorance but aren't most toilets like that? At least my current & previous one also like your description and as far as i can recall even those hotel ones too :unsure:

Hmm to the best of my 37 years of WC experience, this is the first I have noticed. Usually the drop zone is directly below without having to prop oneself "effectively". I am surprised with your experiences, it seems like we are living in different realms. hahha

But yeah my particular Bravat WC is designed that way. So I thought it's good to let Kobelala know about it first.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hopefully, i will be able to find some stuff. Am going to shanghai though. Making use of the work trip! :dribble:

Sure can fond something interesting if you have time to shop after working hours :dribble:

WHOA!!! a few days I didn't lock in..& alot of nice reno progress going on.. LOVE ur lightings purchased.. & also ur STORE ARCH door..lol..cutey one :rofl:

:fire: Sis Lady R, u and Mae n marshy very naughty :P

Hmm,whats a good metaphor for a description? The helicopter ain't going to land on the landing pad straight down. It will have to slide down leaving marks.>< I have not tried it, but when I was looking at mine, I think there is a high possibility this will happen.

I think I know what u mean EmptyDivided, the problem is with offset of outlet that cause the "slide down"... unless we get the actual outlet size, or offset by 1 inch, will not have the "slide" problem.... For offset more than 1 inches, the slide landing is prominant ? :unsure:

That's also the reason I'm still yet to finalise my WC purchases.... There is no exact fit for my MBR n Kitchen toilet inlet size for the WCs I want (both need to offset by 2 inches, which made the sliding effect very prominant).... :unsure:

I think I know what u mean EmptyDivided, the problem is with offset of outlet that cause the "slide down"... unless we get the actual outlet size, or offset by 1 inch, will not have the "slide" problem.... For offset more than 1 inches, the slide landing is prominant ? :unsure:

That's also the reason I'm still yet to finalise my WC purchases.... There is no exact fit for my MBR n Kitchen toilet inlet size for the WCs I want (both need to offset by 2 inches, which made the sliding effect very prominant).... :unsure:

Haha.... I like the metaphor of helicopters and sliding effect.

Well, for me when I was choosing WC, I need 3 things:

1) Comfortable to sit on

2) as close to 90 degree sliding as possible. Then less residue will be as little as possible as it's goes down the slide too fast for much

3) flushing system is easy to press, not those that I can use 1 finger only but one that is big enough for me to use at least 3 fingers.

And I have budget where to fulfill all these 3 and yet affordable. Not something costing me >$500. :)

Edited by May_dream1

1) Comfortable to sit on

2) as close to 90 degree sliding as possible. Then less residue will be as little as possible as it's goes down the slide too fast for much

3) flushing system is easy to press, not those that I can use 1 finger only but one that is big enough for me to use at least 3 fingers.

And I have budget where to fulfill all these 3 and yet affordable. Not something costing me >$500. :)

Haha. i disagree with you on point 2. i scared the "sai" ploop too fast then the water splash all over my pigu la. liddat i must waste alot of paper to lay over the water to prevent the water from splashing up! :sport-smiley-004:

Cool, same as ours. Have you got a picture of how they mounted the compressor. Ours was mounted blowing outwards to push the hot air away from the windows. Problem was that the window was partially blocked with the ugly compressor so we got it changed so it is flat to the wall. Looks much nicer but now blows across the windows so if anyone has the aircon on we have to make sure the master bedroom window is closed. Small price to pay for nicer mounting IMO.

RB

Hi RB, normal way of mounting... But did not want to have the compressor in the Balcony.... :)

AC1-1.jpg

To the left of the pic will be our balcony, many units with awning have their compressor mounted inside the balcony, but since ours is an open balcony, we have it mounted outside our MBR...

AC2-1.jpg

AC3-1.jpg

AC2-1.jpg

1) Comfortable to sit on

Haha. i disagree with you on point 2. i scared the "sai" ploop too fast then the water splash all over my pigu la. liddat i must waste alot of paper to lay over the water to prevent the water from splashing up! :sport-smiley-004:

LOL, I thought I'm the "pang Sai" expert here.... good to know there're so many other experts around :D

I also scared of that so I choose one that is very deep so chances of splashing is less. So far very little splashing. :)

I also scared of that so I choose one that is very deep so chances of splashing is less. So far very little splashing. :)

Aye, deep wun ploop meh? i tot deeper ploop more, like u throw stone into deeper water, then the splash bigger. Nvm, i go try before i shower. Not gonna lay any paper!!!! Wahahaha. Are we getting too much into details or wat lor!

Aye, deep wun ploop meh? i tot deeper ploop more, like u throw stone into deeper water, then the splash bigger. Nvm, i go try before i shower. Not gonna lay any paper!!!! Wahahaha. Are we getting too much into details or wat lor!

Bro, that'll depend on the weight of your "sai"... .... :rofl: some "sai" seems heavy but won't ploop.... :rofl:

Your "sai" as heavy as stone??

1) Comfortable to sit on

Don't forget the splash factor. With no sliding there can be a big splash as the torpedo makes entry.

A good flush is always required for those shotgun days...... :jawdrop:. That or a powerful spray afterwards.

RB

Hi RB, normal way of mounting... But did not want to have the compressor in the Balcony.... :)

Nice. I always hated the compressor on balconies. Makes them hot and can be noisy when the aircon is on. Has anyone else mounted like you ?. I have never seen it before and just wonder if it is HDB approved. Would hope so as it is a much better way to do it.

RB

Nice. I always hated the compressor on balconies. Makes them hot and can be noisy when the aircon is on. Has anyone else mounted like you ?. I have never seen it before and just wonder if it is HDB approved. Would hope so as it is a much better way to do it.

RB

Hi RB, yes, I check with HDB, it's approve for my block as there are EAs and EMs in the block.... EAs can only have their compressor outside, so for the whole block , it's approve. I'm not sure if this applies to those block with only EM units... :)