Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

thanks for the Toto update kobe! Waiting to hear about what's the max discount you can get. :dribble:

your house updates look nice, must be very exciting to see your place taking shape! especially like the intials of your names

Hi Sis Sleek, yes, we're very excited to see our own design and initials takeshape :sport-smiley-004: I'm waiting for a bathrom shop to getback to me on Monday, have already give them the model number... Hope to be able get 25% discount... :dribble: I think my PM to u on Watertapz dd not get thru... anyway this is the address : 393 Balestier Rd Tel : 62591179, you can call to inquire about prices, they are quite ok.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Sis Sleek, yes, we're very excited to see our own design and initials takeshape :sport-smiley-004: I'm waiting for a bathrom shop to getback to me on Monday, have already give them the model number... Hope to be able get 25% discount... :dribble: I think my PM to u on Watertapz dd not get thru... anyway this is the address : 393 Balestier Rd Tel : 62591179, you can call to inquire about prices, they are quite ok.

yeah, i didnt rcv the pm from you. thanks for the addy, do you know it they are open on sunday? maybe i can go down tomorrow to view. this bathroom shop is for what btw :dunno: , bath tubs or grohe? cos i'm confirm getting hansgrohe as i can get discount and like their service compared to the grohe at imm (horrible attitude :curse: ).

Inspired by Spikey and Sis Adidaem.... wife n me love the Foscarini Caboche chandelier at first sight... .. but the real stuff too ex, so we got a 70cm size replica.... according to the person selling, there are 2 sizes for this replica, 30cm and 70cm... 30cm retails at slightly below $700 and 70cm at slightly above 1k.. ... so to us, it's a pretty expensive replica :o but it's really love at 1st sight thingy....

very happy although we only got the replica :lol::sport-smiley-004:

Where do you intend to place the Caboche? Totally understand the love at 1st sight sentiment. Same for me too. :D

But I think... no nice iconic lights for me in this reno cos I'm being stubborn about it... still tempted by the Arco lamp at 2.1K tho. But, I also like the Egg chair very much... so many pretty things I like and so little money... :help::bangwall:8|

Looks like your reno is coming along nicely, can't wait to see your nice foyer in person. :good:

Update:

Oh ya, I asked my friend about his wall-hung WC. He said he dunno the price cos it was part of a total quote.

Edited by adidaem

Inspired by Spikey and Sis Adidaem.... wife n me love the Foscarini Caboche chandelier at first sight... .. but the real stuff too ex, so we got a 70cm size replica.... according to the person selling, there are 2 sizes for this replica, 30cm and 70cm... 30cm retails at slightly below $700 and 70cm at slightly above 1k.. ... so to us, it's a pretty expensive replica :o but it's really love at 1st sight thingy....

Cabocho.jpg

very happy although we only got the replica :lol::sport-smiley-004:

good choice! i got a replica too - the original at Park Mall is too **** expensive...managed to get it 2nd hand as well from a couple 1.5 years ago and i've been hoarding it since.

yeah, i didnt rcv the pm from you. thanks for the addy, do you know it they are open on sunday? maybe i can go down tomorrow to view. this bathroom shop is for what btw :dunno: , bath tubs or grohe? cos i'm confirm getting hansgrohe as i can get discount and like their service compared to the grohe at imm (horrible attitude :curse: ).

Sis Sleek, yes they are open on Sundays, yes they have most bath n kitchen taps n accessories, anyway if u remember how many % u got for Hansgrohe, and you are in balestier, you can go to the bathroom shop beside Hup Kiong tiles shop (the streth of shophouses along Balestier rd where all the tiles shops like Hafary, Liang Seng heng are), they carry Hansgrohe, u look for a auntie there, she can give good discount. (sorry I forgot her name and lost her namecard :o )

Where do you intend to place the Caboche? Totally understand the love at 1st sight sentiment. Same for me too. :D

But I think... no nice iconic lights for me in this reno cos I'm being stubborn about it... still tempted by the Arco lamp at 2.1K tho. But, I also like the Egg chair very much... so many pretty things I like and so little money... :help::bangwall:8|

Looks like your reno is coming along nicely, can't wait to see your nice foyer in person. :good:

Update:

Oh ya, I asked my friend about his wall-hung WC. He said he dunno the price cos it was part of a total quote.

Thanks Sis, yeah ! Would like to invite friends in RT over to seelookseelook during our meet-ups... :D We are contemplating to hang the Caboche either in dining or Stairs, as we earlier got a black chandelier intended for stairs... so we're still a little undecided....

Sis did u see the Semjase floor lamp ? IMO it's as great as the Arco.... but dunno the price.... and confirm, like the arco, not cheap :dunno:

Oh you're installing wall hung ? We're zooming in on the floor ToTo WC, just waiting for another shop to quote tomorrow. :D

Bro... all your lightings also super duper! :sport-smiley-004:

Sis May, only the replica Caboche is duper... The rest normal :D

good choice! i got a replica too - the original at Park Mall is too **** expensive...managed to get it 2nd hand as well from a couple 1.5 years ago and i've been hoarding it since.

Spikey, haha, wife n me love it love it love it :D so we really thank you and adidaem for the inspiration :good:

Edited by Kobelala

Thanks bro. I dunno what is this P & S trap. Anyway I will meet my project manager @ 2.30pm at the condo to walk thru progress.

Thanks bro. I dunno what is this P & S trap. Anyway I will meet my project manager @ 2.30pm at the condo to walk thru progress.

Ok Bro, P-trap, the outlet of WC is wall mount... for Condo, most using P-trap (That's according to almost all the WC sales staffs I've spoken to)... for HDB, I think all flats have floor mounted outlet.... Good that you'll be meeting your PM, hope to see your stylo kitchen tiles up soon :yamseng:

Ok Bro, P-trap, the outlet of WC is wall mount... for Condo, most using P-trap (That's according to almost all the WC sales staffs I've spoken to)... for HDB, I think all flats have floor mounted outlet.... Good that you'll be meeting your PM, hope to see your stylo kitchen tiles up soon :yamseng:

I also hope to see something up soon ha ha

Thanks Sis, yeah ! Would like to invite friends in RT over to seelookseelook during our meet-ups... :D We are contemplating to hang the Caboche either in dining or Stairs, as we earlier got a black chandelier intended for stairs... so we're still a little undecided....

Sis did u see the Semjase floor lamp ? IMO it's as great as the Arco.... but dunno the price.... and confirm, like the arco, not cheap :dunno:

Oh you're installing wall hung ? We're zooming in on the floor ToTo WC, just waiting for another shop to quote tomorrow. :D

Hey bro, I think it'll look great as a dining room lamp? Seems to be where it's usually displayed in brochures and in magazine features. I was beowing the half caboche for the stairs lamp at Xtra but in the end decided to save the money for some eames chairs... have you shared the black chandelier before? I don't rem reading about it... :P

I prefer the arco cos it's a classic... we are going for classics if we succumb and get some designer pieces. Plus seems to fit with my house design better. We'll ask our IDs to see what they think. But since we are likely to get Eames chairs for dining area, then yeah, Arco will fit better.

Ohhh, awaiting your WC update! No lar, no wall hung WC. I think I can live without the wall-hung... save the cash for other design features that we like better... too bad got cash constraints lor.

Hey bro, I go to this website (Nest UK) to beow their designer stuff. Loads of lightings too. Pop by and have a look k? Very very poisonous... the more I look, the more 'poisoned' I get, but can't control myself! :o:P8| They ship internationally too! :notti:

hey long time no talk here. the last time i came, there were only 8 pages.... very tired reading all the "new" posts siah~ :o

just btw, i have 2 frens using Rinnai MIJ glass hobs. they have nothing but praise about them~ ;)

i'm using Mitsubishi Starmex inverter aircon too. must say... it's VERY quiet... :wub:

yea lor a lot of rich pple around in RT but i'm also one of those on budget like you... but some of the things you bought are very atas lor, surely you are richer than me hahahaha :lol:

i like your "lamborghini door" description. made me laughed right at my desk (luckily boss cannot see) :P

Strange, I thought I would have a quick look too after a long time not reading and come across this explosion of pages :D.

Seems to be coming along very nicely although NEEDS MORE PICTURES :P. We all want to see the goodness ;).

One question though. Why S$900+ for a toilet. I appreciate it is your money and style and taste etc but I am just curious as we also looked at the prices like that and settled on some Sims toilets for S$215 which looked more or less the same and spent the cash elsewhere. We have no regrets as they look fine and flush well. Unless it is a unique(ish) design then just wondering why spend so much. Again, not trying to be critical, just curious.

Some very nice lights you have there.

RB

i'm using Mitsubishi Starmex inverter aircon too. must say... it's VERY quiet... :wub:

Same here. Very quiet. Previously we had a Mit Heavy Industries which was also pretty quiet even after almost 3 years.

yea lor a lot of rich pple around in RT but i'm also one of those on budget like you...

I know that feeling. Some very nice items on display in the T-Blogs :D.

RB

Hey bro, I think it'll look great as a dining room lamp? Seems to be where it's usually displayed in brochures and in magazine features. I was beowing the half caboche for the stairs lamp at Xtra but in the end decided to save the money for some eames chairs... have you shared the black chandelier before? I don't rem reading about it... :P

I prefer the arco cos it's a classic... we are going for classics if we succumb and get some designer pieces. Plus seems to fit with my house design better. We'll ask our IDs to see what they think. But since we are likely to get Eames chairs for dining area, then yeah, Arco will fit better.

Ohhh, awaiting your WC update! No lar, no wall hung WC. I think I can live without the wall-hung... save the cash for other design features that we like better... too bad got cash constraints lor.

Hey bro, I go to this website (Nest UK) to beow their designer stuff. Loads of lightings too. Pop by and have a look k? Very very poisonous... the more I look, the more 'poisoned' I get, but can't control myself! :o:P8| They ship internationally too! :notti:

Sis Adidaem, the website poisonous la.... cannot see liao la.... I spend too much already later no money pay contractor :o:D

and Sis and all ToTo fans, best ToTo discount still stands at 20% after going to 4 bathroom shops.... cos I'm only asking them to quote 2 WCs....

hey long time no talk here. the last time i came, there were only 8 pages.... very tired reading all the "new" posts siah~

just btw, i have 2 frens using Rinnai MIJ glass hobs. they have nothing but praise about them~

yea lor a lot of rich pple around in RT but i'm also one of those on budget like you... but some of the things you bought are very atas lor, surely you are richer than me hahahaha :lol:

i like your "lamborghini door" description. made me laughed right at my desk (luckily boss cannot see)

Hi Marshy ! Nice to see u back :D I still on budget cos many things suppose to do I cut.... :P but Lambo door muz do la.... cannot afford the car, can afford the cabinet door also happy :sport-smiley-004:

Strange, I thought I would have a quick look too after a long time not reading and come across this explosion of pages .

Seems to be coming along very nicely although NEEDS MORE PICTURES . We all want to see the goodness ;).

One question though. Why S$900+ for a toilet. I appreciate it is your money and style and taste etc but I am just curious as we also looked at the prices like that and settled on some Sims toilets for S$215 which looked more or less the same and spent the cash elsewhere. We have no regrets as they look fine and flush well. Unless it is a unique(ish) design then just wondering why spend so much. Again, not trying to be critical, just curious.

Some very nice lights you have there.

RB

Hi RB, thanks for droipping by.... RB, cos I traditional Chinese man, going to toilet is "Biz Business" for me :D:P so we intend to pay slight premium on our WCs :D anyway they are not 900 la.... bout 700 plus after discount....

Same here. Very quiet. Previously we had a Mit Heavy Industries which was also pretty quiet even after almost 3 years.

I know that feeling. Some very nice items on display in the T-Blogs :D.

RB

Yes, yes I always think RT peeps all very rich... I want to ask them start up another "budget T-Blog" :D

I also have the same mindset as RB. Toilet bowl costing 900? Just too much.... Haha....

Sis May, told u before mah.... do "Big Biz" muz be confortable :notti: