Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Bro Kobelala, thanks for your help..no hurry..i know you are busy too...:) Btw, care to PM me your quote? :)

Sure Sis Emobebe, I'll PM u in awhile :sport-smiley-004:

another toto fan here...went to Adamas at Balestier to shortlist our toto wc (wall hung) with Gerberit Sigma 50 flush systems and sinks for both toilets this afternoon.

Hi Spikey, thanks for dropping by !! :sport-smiley-004: can you share how much discount you're quoted for your ToTo, there are quite afew ToTo fans here in this thread :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I told u, it comes naturally to all women. Especially those that does sales, even better than those doing admin. Haha

No leh....I didn't 'deh' to my ID at all!! That's explain why I buy my own Blum :(

Now come to think of it, I feel quite pity for my ID because always kena tekan from me but he still treats me nice :(

No leh....I didn't 'deh' to my ID at all!! That's explain why I buy my own Blum :(

Now come to think of it, I feel quite pity for my ID because always kena tekan from me but he still treats me nice :(

Sis mae, u teken him, he still treat u so nice, and u never "Deh"... your FS Kung Fu powerful , but your captivating power more powerful !!! :D

Sis, I ask my contractor buy Blum cheaper ? Or I buy myself cheaper :unsure: I only want to buy 1 piece of the Blum that can open the cabinet doors like Lamborghini car doors :sport-smiley-004:

Bro Kobelala, thanks for your help..no hurry..i know you are busy too...:) Btw, care to PM me your quote? :)

Sis Emo, your PM full.... not able to send.... I try again in awhile...

LOL, Sis, you know I also ordered 2 cubes, but cancelled as wife say dunno where to place them.... so I cancelled my order first....

We have 3 lighting points for our balcony, but they are all wall points... because it's not worth to have a ceiling point IMHO, as we need to build scaffolding for the high ceiling.. .. there were outdoor tiles at our balcony (inherited from ex-owners) and wife and me had wanted to keep them, our balcony is open concept... no awning or grills or whatsoever.... I intend to fully utilise the full 2 level height and have some tall plants in our balcony and make it an outdoor chill out place - just like what you had in mind :yamseng:

but during my chats with Bro Ne0mesis (of RT) via PM, he pointed out that the outdoor (slate) tiles at the Balcony will not match well with our kitchen and tv area.... something which I didn't realised (thanks alot Bro Ne0mesis!).... so wife n me decided to re-do our balcony... and we've decided to lay over a layer of cement screed and lay small stones and pebbles over our balcony to create an outdoor feel... hope the finish effect is nice :unsure:

3 wall lights huh? Thanks I'll use as point of reference for my balcony. No intent to do ceiling lights cos can't change light bulb, but for fan, we are thinking to get a ceiling fan with extension rod. I would like a black fan...

I thought the cubes will look like interesting feature in the balcony. And SO very supportive. He also agreed can use as stool or small table to put drinks cos they are meant for outdoors.

What plants you planning to get? Went with my SO to Far East Flora (to look look, see see) over the weekend and was completely bewildered by the array of plants. :unsure:

Looking forward to see your chill out place k? :yamseng:

Anyway, back to our balcony .... Bought these outdoor lights for balcony .... as we're having an open balcony, we need outdoor lights that can withstand rain and shine....

looks abit like streetlamps and shower head but we find this outdoor lights cute :sport-smiley-004:

IMG-20110511-00481.jpg

IMG-20110511-00480.jpg

Brief reno updates.... went up to our unit earlier armed with my all bowerful MIC LED torch light :P

Had not went up for 2 days due to heavy workload and even heavier eyelids.... happy to see progress :

Grills are up... we did not replace our alu windows.... (a cost cutting measure ;) )

IMG-20110511-00488.jpg

IMG-20110511-00489.jpg

foyer wall half completed....

special thanks to Sis Mae29 here for her valuable FS advise.. ... :sport-smiley-004: I still owned her "Mao Shan" durian :dribble:

IMG-20110511-00490.jpg

We did not tear down the cornices and build false ceiling.... (another cost cutting measure ;) )

extended foyer side wall, with the initials C & J.... initials of myself "C" an wife "J".... a design which we had created for days.... wife wanted a bigger "C" than "J"... but we've concurred that this is the best and easiest to build besign... completed wall will be a through hole and can be used as display shelves :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry for poor picture quality - taken with 1 hand on BB and the other holding MIC LED torchlight "POLICE" brand :rofl:

IMG-20110511-00491.jpg

Sure Sis Emobebe, I'll PM u in awhile :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Spikey, thanks for dropping by !! :sport-smiley-004: can you share how much discount you're quoted for your ToTo, there are quite afew ToTo fans here in this thread :sport-smiley-004:

haven't made payment - maybe it would be better if we exchange PMs to find out where or how much?

Sis Emo, your PM full.... not able to send.... I try again in awhile...

Sis Emo, I dunno is it my PM got problem or yours... anyway, I'll just type here as I'm ok with it, as I also have not blog down what I've done for my reno. ... hope u are ok :sport-smiley-004:

However, this is not the final price n Quote as I kept adding stuffs here n there and also remove stuffs here n there... until my contractor scared to answer my phonecall :sport-smiley-004:

1) Hack n Lay 800 x 800 homo tiles in Living , Dining n Study

2) Hack part of wall at Study

3) hack and Lay kitchen floor tiles

4) hack n lay kitchen toilet floor tiles

5) build hanging cabinet base n washing machine base

6) hack and lay MBR toilet wall n floor tiles

7) hack n lay common toilet floor tiles

8) waterproof 3 toilets n kitchen

9) build platform using laminates at TV area

10) build foyer wall and side wall with design

11) lay black galaxy granite with epoxy pebble at foyer

12) water pipes, installing WC etc

13) build cove light wall beam at tv area

14) build cove light at staircase area

15) hack staircase tiles

16) lay parquet on staircase steps

17) wrought iron gate n stair railings

18) change main door

19) cement screed balcony with pebbles n stones

20) grills whole house

21) painting whole house

22) acid wash x 2 whole house

23) haulage etc (IMO haulage very good to earn.... ..)

I think basically it's like that, with little things like patching up wall, dismentling stuffs.... all for 33.8k.... :sport-smiley-004: less than my targeted 35k :sport-smiley-004:

kobe, the lights are so cute. are they philips? if so, you been to their light store at bukit timah yet? i called them today to inquire about something else and they mentioned if order over their fb page, can get straight 10% disc with free courier.

kobe, the lights are so cute. are they philips? if so, you been to their light store at bukit timah yet? i called them today to inquire about something else and they mentioned if order over their fb page, can get straight 10% disc with free courier.

Hi Sis Sleek, I went to lightings.sg at Jln Besar, yes they are Philips, but they sell fix price there leh... delivery need to add $18 lol.... I'll collect myself on Friday

Huh ! better buy from FB .... :bangwall:

Hi Bro Kobelala,

Thanks! I can read from here will do..

Cheers:) Emobebe

Edited by emobebe