Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Haha, so only 3 times more expensive rather than 4 times ;). What make you think only trad Chinese men like to retire to what we English refer to as the 'Mens reading room'. Surely if this was a concern it would be the toilet seat rather than the toilet that was important. The toilet need only flush away and look good but the seat has to comfify (yes I made that one up :P) the butt.

The only reason I mention is that I know how easy it is to be swept away in the blur of reno and spend large amounts on things where the cash could have been better spent elsewhere. Sometimes a pause with someone outside of the whirlwind putting a hand on the shoulder and bringing reality in again can stop a regretted mistake. Saying that, some people are happy to spend large sums on things like this and are very clear that it is worth it to them. In the end it is your cash and your bum :D.

Yeah looks to be so. I bought Sims stuff for my previous apartment and was very happy at the cost and quality. I had no issues with buying Sims brand again and actively sought out to get the same rain shower we had but failed as they no longer produce.

Cool, same as ours. Have you got a picture of how they mounted the compressor. Ours was mounted blowing outwards to push the hot air away from the windows. Problem was that the window was partially blocked with the ugly compressor so we got it changed so it is flat to the wall. Looks much nicer but now blows across the windows so if anyone has the aircon on we have to make sure the master bedroom window is closed. Small price to pay for nicer mounting IMO.

RB

RB, yeah, like "Mens reading room" this the only place I read magazines and newspaper :o agree with you on "outside the whirlwind" thingy :yamseng::D that's very true especially during reno and purchases.... we always have the idea "only $200 more for this... only $100 more for that.... but it all add up to :o:o:( ... .... so we're really tightening before we go really broke :D

Yes, RB, I'll take a few pics of compressor and upload here tomorrow , and we can discuss on the mounting and positioning :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sorry i can't help but noticed that cute little door.... :lol: then you can buy pumpkins during Halloween too... match the theme hahahaha :sport-smiley-004:

Marshy, that's the store room door, cannot believe the ex owner love these doors so much, storeroom also must convert :curse: maybe I'll keep some spiders inside my Harry Potter's chanderlier... Looks better :bleah::notti:

Bros n Sis, before u commit on your Bravat, please visit Ideal bathroom at Balestier... I was there yesterday, 40% almost storewide.... including some Bravats.... do pay a visit to see if they are really cheap :)

Kobelala

Please look at the Bravat WC where the pool of water is. For the Bravat WC I had bought, I realized it is going to be an on going issue. (I may be wrong, as I have yet to test it).

Sorry ToTo fans !! Yesterday I was along Balestier with wife almost whole afternoon, light shop bath shop light shop bath shop.... After discovering 40% at Ideal Bathroom, very excited to share the joy with friends in RT as I know some of you are interested to have Bravat.... But was really tired at night so did not log into RT....

Beside Ideal bathroom at Balestier is Sim Siang Choon , beside Sim Siang Choon, Adamas.... I ever went to Adamas along Jln Besar before, ther quote me ToTo 20% but with a higher retail price... So to me they are not really honest with their prices... but yesterday, since wife and me almost conquered the whole stretch of Balestier, we decided to go into Adamas again and try our luck on ToTo discount.... I went in, told the sales staff the model I want and the price I want... and guess what, I got about 23% discount.... :sport-smiley-004: for only 2 WCs.... no other stuffs :sport-smiley-004:

Bro and Sis interested can PM me, I'll let you know which sales staff to look for.... :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Kobelala

Kobelala

Please look at the Bravat WC where the pool of water is. For the Bravat WC I had bought, I realized it is going to be an on going issue. (I may be wrong, as I have yet to test it).

Hi EmptyDivided, thanks for dropping by and sharing your experiences :)

Are you referring to the inlet of the WC ? What was the problem you encounter ? Thanks in advance for sharing :good:

Yesterday I was along Balestier with wife almost whole afternoon, light shop bath shop light shop bath shop....

We conquered almost 85% of the light shops along Balestier, saw many beautiful lights.... 2 to 3 shops we did not go in or go in immediately "u-turn / keblakan pu-seng" out cos the salesman looks more like preparing to fight more than preparing to sell :o but I would say most of the lights shops have nice and friendly sales staffs :good:

Bought this "dentist lamp" from 1 of the shops there.... the long arm can be twisted into shapes and designs of our own :)

dentist1.jpg

dentist2.jpg

We conquered almost 85% of the light shops along Balestier, saw many beautiful lights.... 2 to 3 shops we did not go in or go in immediately "u-turn / keblakan pu-seng" out cos the salesman looks more like preparing to fight more than preparing to sell :o but I would say most of the lights shops have nice and friendly sales staffs :good:

Bought this "dentist lamp" from 1 of the shops there.... the long arm can be twisted into shapes and designs of our own :)

dentist1.jpg

dentist2.jpg

Nice interesting light. Just wodering where u gonna place this?

Nice interesting light. Just wodering where u gonna place this?

Haha, thanks Boyblunder, we're going to use this as a wall light.... tested the flexible arm mechanism, quite sturdy... should be able to hold it's shape, so this will be on a wall :sport-smiley-004:

Haha, thanks Boyblunder, we're going to use this as a wall light.... tested the flexible arm mechanism, quite sturdy... should be able to hold it's shape, so this will be on a wall :sport-smiley-004:

$470 is the price tag??? I am gonna go to china end of the month to scout for some lighting. See if i can bring it back.

$470 is the price tag??? I am gonna go to china end of the month to scout for some lighting. See if i can bring it back.

Bro we got it at $360 after discount... china confirm can get very nice lights and good price, very good that you make an effort to travel there... If I'm not wrong, the place where they have all the lights is at Guangzhou and Zhong Shan ? (in Canton province)... their furniture hub is confirm at Foshan (other than Ip Man, furnitures are imported from there worldwide)... :sport-smiley-004:

Bro we got it at $360 after discount... china confirm can get very nice lights and good price, very good that you make an effort to travel there... If I'm not wrong, the place where they have all the lights is at Guangzhou and Zhong Shan ? (in Canton province)... their furniture hub is confirm at Foshan (other than Ip Man, furnitures are imported from there worldwide)... :sport-smiley-004:

Hopefully, i will be able to find some stuff. Am going to shanghai though. Making use of the work trip! :dribble:

Hopefully, i will be able to find some stuff. Am going to shanghai though. Making use of the work trip! :dribble:

You sure able to find some stuff we can't get here. So all the best in your "shopping" trip!

Hi EmptyDivided, thanks for dropping by and sharing your experiences :)

Are you referring to the inlet of the WC ? What was the problem you encounter ? Thanks in advance for sharing :good:

Hmm,whats a good metaphor for a description? The helicopter ain't going to land on the landing pad straight down. It will have to slide down leaving marks.>< I have not tried it, but when I was looking at mine, I think there is a high possibility this will happen.

Hmm,whats a good metaphor for a description? The helicopter ain't going to land on the landing pad straight down. It will have to slide down leaving marks.>< I have not tried it, but when I was looking at mine, I think there is a high possibility this will happen.

pardon my ignorance but aren't most toilets like that? At least my current & previous one also like your description and as far as i can recall even those hotel ones too :unsure:

WHOA!!! a few days I didn't lock in..& alot of nice reno progress going on.. LOVE ur lightings purchased.. & also ur STORE ARCH door..lol..cutey one :rofl: