Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kobelala

We Bought A Flat, And Made It Our Home

Hmm, we got an Ideal Standard for the Master and it cost $1.2k (before discount) as compared to the common's Bravat toilet which was $540. We thought we were investing in something with good Geberit flushing systems etc, but I've tried it and it's really not great. Flushing power was weak and we chose those 1-tick water efficiency ones. Sadness. Feel like we wasted a lot of money. Not even wall-hung, which was what I wanted but plumber said cannot do. A major aesthetic compromise, and it doesn't even work great!! Sigh.

Lesson learnt, at quite a cost, like the island hood (Lady R's $850 pretty Hobz hood with installation vs my ugly Bosch for $2.5k with installation). Major sadness. Wish I had knew...We're not even aspiring chefs, or home gourmet fanatics (hi2u Nigella!). :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

- Ely

Hi Ely,

I wonder if the plumber has taken the time to correctly adjust the water level in the water cistern and also the outlet valve. If the water level is not adjusted to the max level, you can get a diminished flushing effect. Same goes for the outlet valve (the part which open to let water exit the tank into the toilet bowl; if not adjusted right in some toilets it can constrict the water flow so you don't get a good flushing effect. Worth a look with the cistern top off to check the water level is at max. and then flush and watch the water valve, it it fully open and not constricting the flow. If all this is fine then you're literally **** out of luck ;)

Cheers RMG

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ely, for the Bravat WC how do you find it?

Am considering for common and guest bedroom toilet.

Thanks.

Yeah ! thanks for sharing the poisonous site.... :dribble:

Sis Sleek, yes I asked, for bulk orders, confirm can get more than 20%... but they are expecting us to order other stuffs like ToTo taps, showers, basins n WCs bulk ordering.... :(

awwwwww, sorry to hear that! :bangwall: i guess you will have to be satisfied with the 20% unless there are others who want to buy all those from them! my pockets are not so deep to even consider toto toilets least of all the rest!!! :bow: maybe you can convince adidaem :idea:

btw lovely balcony lights, looking good :yamseng:

Edited by sleek

Ely, for the Bravat WC how do you find it?

Am considering for common and guest bedroom toilet.

Thanks.

Hey JCase,

Take a trip down to Ideal Bathroom - Gloria is a joy to deal with and they have a 30% discount if you get 3 Bravat items from different categories, it could even be a $20 door hook to qualify. The seating isn't as comfortable as the Ideal Standard, but try it anyway - it could be my bony *** :lol: Felt there was no difference between the Bravat and the Ideal Standard when it comes to flushing as they both use Gerberit systems. They're quite value for money and the sinks are very nice too.

- Ely

awwwwww, sorry to hear that! :bangwall: i guess you will have to be satisfied with the 20% unless there are others who want to buy all those from them! my pockets are not so deep to even consider toto toilets least of all the rest!!! :bow: maybe you can convince adidaem :idea:

btw lovely balcony lights, looking good :yamseng:

20%... ... hmm, how much does each wc cost wor? i need basically all sanitary wares for my place but hor, my pocket also not so deep.

Hi Ely,

I wonder if the plumber has taken the time to correctly adjust the water level in the water cistern and also the outlet valve. If the water level is not adjusted to the max level, you can get a diminished flushing effect. Same goes for the outlet valve (the part which open to let water exit the tank into the toilet bowl; if not adjusted right in some toilets it can constrict the water flow so you don't get a good flushing effect. Worth a look with the cistern top off to check the water level is at max. and then flush and watch the water valve, it it fully open and not constricting the flow. If all this is fine then you're literally **** out of luck ;)

Cheers RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check tomorrow - who knows what else the plumbers have gotten wrong (they're already made 4 trips to the house to rectify mistakes, another one tomorrow!!).

Sorry to hijack your thread, Kobelala!

- Ely

IMG-20110516-00547.jpg

finally get to see the photos at home... and just noticed that you even have a small arch door below the staircase ah? hahaha :lol:

anyway, all the lights you got a so pretty! :)

Hey JCase,

Take a trip down to Ideal Bathroom - Gloria is a joy to deal with and they have a 30% discount if you get 3 Bravat items from different categories, it could even be a $20 door hook to qualify. The seating isn't as comfortable as the Ideal Standard, but try it anyway - it could be my bony *** :lol: Felt there was no difference between the Bravat and the Ideal Standard when it comes to flushing as they both use Gerberit systems. They're quite value for money and the sinks are very nice too.

- Ely

Hey thanks. Nice.

My curiosity about Bravat was piqued as Hafary is having a promo whereby you can get a 5 in 1 set from $700. This includes Hansgrohe shower + mixer and sink mixer, 1 Bravat WC and a basin. Good deal all round imo.

Kobelala,

Such nice reno progress! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Caboche! I had it in my inspiration book but as things evolved, I got other lamps instead. I'm excited to see your foyer too!!

- Ely

:sport-smiley-004: Thanks thanks.... wife n me love it love it love it too :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Ely,

Cheers RMG

Sis Ely, I wanted to tell you this too.. ... :) do check with your plumber :)

Sorry to hijack your thread, Kobelala!

- Ely

Sis Ely, it's ok, just feel free to discuss anything here... especially WCs :sport-smiley-004: all friends are welcome :sport-smiley-004:

Kobelala,

Nice balcony lights!

Cute I would say. Hee.. :)

N I must say, ur sanitary appliances, accessories, really high-end hor.

But it's such items that makes a house stand-out, not jus the reno.

Waiting for more photos!

Hi Footprints... not reall high end la... I cut here cut there on my reno mah :sport-smiley-004: no need photos la.... u can always walk over to my place from Jadesprings :sport-smiley-004::P

finally get to see the photos at home... and just noticed that you even have a small arch door below the staircase ah? hahaha :lol:

anyway, all the lights you got a so pretty! :)

:curse:8|:bangwall: Marshy ! long time never see u back, once back muz talk bout my "arch door" :fire:

That's why we bought Harry Potter lamp to blend in with "Arch Door" :bleah::sport-smiley-004:

20%... ... hmm, how much does each wc cost wor? i need basically all sanitary wares for my place but hor, my pocket also not so deep.

see kobe's post re: the toto WCs , http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39049&view=findpost&p=637367

Thanks ely for the bravat info, that's a much more palatable price.

Hey thanks. Nice.

My curiosity about Bravat was piqued as Hafary is having a promo whereby you can get a 5 in 1 set from $700. This includes Hansgrohe shower + mixer and sink mixer, 1 Bravat WC and a basin. Good deal all round imo.

Bros n Sis, before u commit on your Bravat, please visit Ideal bathroom at Balestier... I was there yesterday, 40% almost storewide.... including some Bravats.... do pay a visit to see if they are really cheap :)

Edited by Kobelala

Hi RB, thanks for droipping by.... RB, cos I traditional Chinese man, going to toilet is "Biz Business" for me :D:P so we intend to pay slight premium on our WCs :D anyway they are not 900 la.... bout 700 plus after discount....

Haha, so only 3 times more expensive rather than 4 times ;). What make you think only trad Chinese men like to retire to what we English refer to as the 'Mens reading room'. Surely if this was a concern it would be the toilet seat rather than the toilet that was important. The toilet need only flush away and look good but the seat has to comfify (yes I made that one up :P) the butt.

The only reason I mention is that I know how easy it is to be swept away in the blur of reno and spend large amounts on things where the cash could have been better spent elsewhere. Sometimes a pause with someone outside of the whirlwind putting a hand on the shoulder and bringing reality in again can stop a regretted mistake. Saying that, some people are happy to spend large sums on things like this and are very clear that it is worth it to them. In the end it is your cash and your bum :D.

$215 for a toilet bowl sounds reasonable .... Btw, where to get Sims toilet bowl?

Hi Potatoes, if I am not wrong, Sims is the House Brand of Sim Siang Choon.... RB correct ? :yamseng:

Yeah looks to be so. I bought Sims stuff for my previous apartment and was very happy at the cost and quality. I had no issues with buying Sims brand again and actively sought out to get the same rain shower we had but failed as they no longer produce.

RB, no nice pics :D , but some pics of our reno updates ;

The Air Cin guys are here to do installation today :sport-smiley-004:

Cool, same as ours. Have you got a picture of how they mounted the compressor. Ours was mounted blowing outwards to push the hot air away from the windows. Problem was that the window was partially blocked with the ugly compressor so we got it changed so it is flat to the wall. Looks much nicer but now blows across the windows so if anyone has the aircon on we have to make sure the master bedroom window is closed. Small price to pay for nicer mounting IMO.

RB

:curse:8|:bangwall: Marshy ! long time never see u back, once back muz talk bout my "arch door" :fire:

That's why we bought Harry Potter lamp to blend in with "Arch Door" :bleah::sport-smiley-004:

sorry i can't help but noticed that cute little door.... :lol: then you can buy pumpkins during Halloween too... match the theme hahahaha :sport-smiley-004:

The only reason I mention is that I know how easy it is to be swept away in the blur of reno and spend large amounts on things where the cash could have been better spent elsewhere. Sometimes a pause with someone outside of the whirlwind putting a hand on the shoulder and bringing reality in again can stop a regretted mistake.

this is very true... food for thought :)