Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joyousonline

Our Lovenest!

Hi All,

Finally started on our blog!

We have bought our 1st EM in the north east. We have gone for our 1st appointment last week!

I believe this is the 2nd generation EM. We have never lived in such a flat before! Really excited to be able to live in it.

I will be posting on the current layout. Feel free to make comments.

Initial floor plan

croppedfloorplan.jpg

Current layout (pardon me for the ugly drawing!)

CurrentLayout.jpg

1. Headache as we would like to have a room and storeroom at level 1 in case the elders come to stay with us.

2. Toilet wise at level 2: have to redesign. Current layout is only 1 toilet.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Things to consider for reno:

1. Level 2: Flooring has to change. Either to parquet, laminated flooring or tiles.

2. Level 2: Wardrobe for MBR and Common Bedroom 3

3. Level 2: The combined toilet has to be redesigned.

4. Level 2: The room doors and toilet doors have to change.

5. Level 1: Marble flooring does not need to be hacked. The problem is the whole of level 1 flooring is marble including the kitchen and the marble side at the cooking area. Level 1 really has to plan! Space planning!

6. Level 1: Toilet will have to redo.

7. Level 1: Kitchen have to redo.

8. Level 1: Put back the room and make some space for storage. Possible location would be the existing dining area at the current layout. Problem: Will making the new room damage the marble flooring?

9. Level 1: Balcony: Currently no more balcony. It has been integrated into the kitchen. Should I restore?

10. Rewiring & painting for whole house.

Edited by joyousonline

Hey joyousonline!

Welcome to renotalk! and you finally have your own t-blog!

I suppose you got a corner Gen-2 EM. very huge floor area!

your level 1 looks so spacious (coz the previous owners hacked everything)... LOL...

but it's also gd lor... you can have free play on the space planning... (provided budget permits)...

and can save a lot (for your marble flooring for level 1)...

the level 2 toilet is really huge too (with space for the bath-tub, looks more like hot tub kind)... LOL... i wonder how your sellers live with 1 toilet only... hmmm...

happy renovating! :D

been lurking around in renotalk but not yet started to blog. onlly started when i figured how to upload my photos!

oh yes it's a corner EM at 155 sqm.

level 1 is def spacious. we were awed when we step inside. will have free play. but also headache. i cannot imagine having one toilet at L2. definitely has to restore to 2. but just that have to redesign. fun yet stressed!

Hi Joyousonline,

Congrats and all the best for your upcoming reno...

Hmmm.... I know the actual address to your place :o

Cos I was there to view ! kekekekeke . Must say you got yourself a good unit... very hard to find corner EMs in the market :)

Hi Joyousonline,

Congrats and all the best for your upcoming reno...

Hmmm.... I know the actual address to your place :o

Cos I was there to view ! kekekekeke . Must say you got yourself a good unit... very hard to find corner EMs in the market :)

Hi Kobelala,

Oh so you have visited my 'soon to be' place! hehe...yeah we like it coz it's a corner EM, have more privacy and enjoy the space!! so we just grab it!! that time have you gotten your own unit?

Hi Kobelala,

Oh so you have visited my 'soon to be' place! hehe...yeah we like it coz it's a corner EM, have more privacy and enjoy the space!! so we just grab it!! that time have you gotten your own unit?

Yes we've viewed but because we wanted an open balcony badly, we did not grab your unit :P but yes ur're right to grab your unit.... another thing good is the park behind the block :)

Edited by Kobelala

Yes we've viewed but because we wanted an open balcony badly, we did not grab your unit :P but yes ur're right to grab your unit.... another thing good is the park behind the block :)

yeah the MBR faces the park behind....quite nice...windy at night also...NS facing..so no sun..we also contemplating whether to restore the balcony..hmmm hard decision..

Hey!

The more i see, the more i envy you having an Gen-2 corner EM! all the privacy and space!

Just my little suggestion; might seem stupid, but for your consideration

joyousonline_2.jpg

1. Can build back a small storeroom at the blue box; use PD door or tic-tac door; can be shorten accordingly...

2. Can build a small room at level 1 (should be ard 2.3m x 3.0m); should be habitable, coz there should be windows there?

3. Can have room divider at existing dining area, so that can install another system-2 aircon at level 1 for the "new" living room & the level 1 room.

4. Convert existing living room to open-concept kitchen and dining area

5. Convert back the "extended" kitchen back to balcony, for alfresco dining!

6. Change the staircase landing to U-shape, so that it won't crash into the new room... :P

:)

not too sure, if it's really feasible la... :P

Edited by csingeu