Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rottenramone

Homemakin'

Thanks for the enlightenment.. I just emailed Hawaii50 and they had returned with the price list and their item is around 65% cheaper than 1000 tales.. Really tempting.. Dunno whether anyone will be interested to share the shipping together.. Hehe..

I got a quote from him. Sofa about 1k. Don't think it's so cheap considering shipping & tax not included yet. I asked about other things too.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hahaha thanks for the support sfk7 :)

i am also looking fwd to building a bookshelf. i posted the link at the diy club, so checkkit out :)

I cannot find that DIY link, can you paste it here please?

Challenge your limits and try to make this kind of bookshelf biggrin.gif

7.jpg

Wow, I saw that pic already few years ago and I like it very much :dribble: .

Anyway, I'm looking quite long time who can custom made this bookshelves/divider for me, but no success yet.....actually, I've got some quotations but prices are craaaaazy, around S$ 5000 :jawdrop: ......I don't think that that can cost so much.....OK, I was at some oriental furniture shops and was quoted for rosewood, but anyway......and no one cannot guarantee me that the shape will be exactly round like on pic cause they should place order in China and many times happened that delivered items are not quite what was ordered......

bookcaseelipse.jpg

Nice corner ! I have trees too on 1 of my walls! :)

Ur kitchen looks spanking sleek and clean, and love those tiles in your toilets!:)

& btw, where did u get your venetian blinds from too? My carpenter just helped me install a white Timber Venetian blind that I bought (just for CNY), rest are pending! :P

Hey there.

Will do once I have time

More pics in e meantime.

9d37d6c5.jpg

Dresser

9d8e87c7.jpg

Dining lights with opened vent from study.

85b75925.jpg

My improvised caulking gun when the lazy plumbers refused to seal up the underside of my sink.

e1dbe6e5.jpg

I love the lighting in the entire house. :)

The Artemide Tolomeo was bought 2nd hand from an ad we saw here on Renotalk. :) Very nice first owner who sold this to us at a fraction of the price and even delivered it to our house, cuz we lived in the same estate.

Living Room

5db71789.jpg

The balcony light, which is the Artemide Mesmeri, looks uncannily like its stock photo. Which is a good thing, which means Artemide does not lie in its pictures and its advertising.

balcony

IMG_2196.jpg

The &Tradition lights were not the first lights we chose for the dining, even though I was lusting after them for a long while, but without seeing the actual thing, I couldn't bring myself to checkout the basket... That was until hubby saw them in Foundry one fine day, and decided that we needed to get it. And with free shipping and ample protection, we bought them online. :) The original dining lamps, which we got in Bangkok were relegated to the study.

dining

IMG_2189.jpg

Hi i like the soothing lighting in your house!

Where did you get your dining pendant lights? Care to share?

Hi i like the soothing lighting in your house!

Where did you get your dining pendant lights? Care to share?

thanks. those are megabulbs from &tradition. we got them from www.connox.com. alternatively you can look locally at the foundry store where they stock them. they are located at purvis st.

just an update since our last: staying in our home has been an awesome experience so far. we've bought a few items from our last japan trip, such as the muji bench. muji solid wood furniture is affordable and awesome if u ask me. we have the clothes stand and bench. the plywoods are pretty ok too. if u don't mind the plain look, you can consider muji.

a disappointment would be our bludot couchoid sofa. the faux leather tears easily. granted that the piece we got was from showroom, the rate that it disintegrated was too much. pomelo's been great at service recovery and offered us store credit. i will consider fabric or leather couches for my next one.

i haven't had the time to build those diy shelves yet. :P

Nice corner ! I have trees too on 1 of my walls! :)

Ur kitchen looks spanking sleek and clean, and love those tiles in your toilets!:)

& btw, where did u get your venetian blinds from too? My carpenter just helped me install a white Timber Venetian blind that I bought (just for CNY), rest are pending! :P

Hope this didn't come too late. Our Venetian Blinds are bought from MGL Curtains (Just google for their website). Great service, I highly recommend them. It cost around $600+, which is the lowest quote we got.

Edited by strikingreality

More pictures... We're still looking for the "right" bench for our foyer area. In the meantime we have acquired a new accessory for the area.

c22a4afa.jpg

This is actually a piece of artificial grass. Rather than use a normal doormat we decided to get this to put our frequently worn shoes rather than leave them outside on a shoerack.

Hi hi, there was this bench we were deciding to get but due to limited space we can't.. It's from Grafunkt and it has a rack at the bottom for the shoes too! I think its 1.2m long.

Hi hi, there was this bench we were deciding to get but due to limited space we can't.. It's from Grafunkt and it has a rack at the bottom for the shoes too! I think its 1.2m long.

Actually we bought a kungfu chair from Tokyo during our last trip in Nov for this purpose. However, I realised that I hardly sit on the chair... more than anything, it's used to put all my barang!

We also use the kungfu chair as a dining bench when we have friends over. Very versatile!

Hi there. I supposed you've received ten thousand queries on which ID/contractor you used. Care to reply to the 10,001th? I am getting my condo keys soon and looking to create the mid-century modern look. But need a reliable contractor who is professional and reasonable in price. If you can PM me, that would be great. Thanks in advance and have a great work week ahead. ;)

hi girlgirl

thanks! i hope i'm not too late in replying as i don't really frequent this forum much.

i would say that we had a very heavy involvement in creating the look rather than the ID. we did our research through magazines, internet and books, all bookmarked with renovation tips. we've since given that away to another renotalker a few months back. the ID was essentially advising us on the technical side of things, what not to do, what's practical for us etc. he coordinated the labour and process, but there were a couple of screw ups.

best thing is to find someone whom you trust and is professional. can't emphasize that enough. design is pretty much up to you, but please make sure that the contractor is reliable so that the process is as painless as possible. u've probably read some horror stories...

i am also looking fwd to building a bookshelf. i posted the link at the diy club, so checkkit out :)

ouch~ from oct 2011 till may 2012. finally got my a$$ off to do that bookshelf:

Before:

IMG_0950.jpg

During:

IMG_0955.jpg

After:

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Will share my experience once i have the time