Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

ha even if only 2 pax, i will buy at least a 8.5kg washing machine and a close to 500l for fridge. i need a fridge deep enough to fit in a cake just in case you need to celebrate birthdays coz i do entertain at times. some fridges cannot make it as some are too shallow in depth.. these items can last at least 10 yrs. especially when our families are expected to grow. thus, i prepare for the bigger space unless you have much space to play with without any constraint of fixed kitchen carpentry.

Ya ya.... I also need the fridge to able to fit in at least 2kg cake. Some fridges really so small that want to put cakes also difficult. I entertain a lot so need lots of space for drinks and tibbits. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yup, I check with my Mechanical Engineer and he remind me to ask for drain tray since my compressor will be at balcony. Im still in dilema whether to run my trunking inside false ceiling or below.. Engineer ask me to put inside as what he say, it will look nice and hardly FCU get spoilt..but contractor ask me to put it below, if anything wrong can easily repair.. now I got 2wks to think :dunno:

heh, each choice has their merits. If you are confident with your aircon installers and will do frequent servicing, should be safe to put in L-box. Otherwise outside L box will be safest, but I think will be very ugly lo. L-Box supposed to hide stuff, a bit pointless to have trunking beside L box.

ha even if only 2 pax, i will buy at least a 8.5kg washing machine and a close to 500l for fridge. i need a fridge deep enough to fit in a cake just in case you need to celebrate birthdays coz i do entertain at times. some fridges cannot make it as some are too shallow in depth.. these items can last at least 10 yrs. especially when our families are expected to grow. thus, i prepare for the bigger space unless you have much space to play with without any constraint of fixed kitchen carpentry.

Think it really depends on our lifestyles, I hate to keep too much stuff around (except for drinks maybe). Last time even made sure I cook whatever I buy on the same day. But then again.. next time will be like auntie.. see cheap then buy abit more and stock up.. bleh

Mine quoted me abt $112 for the extra stainless steel tray... though madwarrior told us that we could have asked for free... (i think different companies la... :P)

Yup should be around there. $100+ each. She had 2 compressors, I suppose will be 2 trays? Think can try to bargain!

For fridge, i changed because my dad was telling me to get a 2-door kind... it's bigger etc... coz he's the cook at home, i think he understands why a bigger fridge is better... same reasons as when you mentioned...

esp during festive seasons, whereby family gatherings, etc are common... the extra space will be needed...

he said.. even if it's just to put lots of heinkein bottled beers, like in the commercial, also more shiok... LOL...

Bro, pls take a pic of your giant fridge filled with Heineken and show us ok? :) :)

what do you mean by digital Channel 5, 8?

i am using Starhub maxonline without cable TV, they supply a spliter - one side goes to cable modem, the other side goes to TV.

Yah sounds like what you're doing! Which model of TV are u using ah? Can accept connect direct cable to TV with digital tuner?

hmmm for laundry... can you hang on the right hand side of the kitchen (refering to your kitchen photo)? looks like quite spacious there.

Right hand side is for my fridge and a side table. :(

Right now only have the middle which is blocked by the light.

Previous owner used to hang their bamboos all over the stairwell, super ugly!

hahaha i think i said before, my fridge is 358L... more than enough for us~ back in sis place when there were 3 of us and cook daily, the fridge also about that size.

it really depends on your lifestyle... so far from the stuff bro Soichiro is buying, i think we are quite similar in terms of appliance size requirement... hahaha :lol:

Yesh.. haha. Have never used big big fridges before, so this is ok la :)

Ya ya.... I also need the fridge to able to fit in at least 2kg cake. Some fridges really so small that want to put cakes also difficult. I entertain a lot so need lots of space for drinks and tibbits. :)

You should be the one with the humongous fridge! haha.

You should be the one with the humongous fridge! haha.

You haven't read the page in my t-blog on the fridge I bought?? Hehe... My fridge is quite big lah....

Bro, pls take a pic of your giant fridge filled with Heineken and show us ok? :) :)

actually... i prefer Pure Blonde better... sounds like a za-bor (girl) drink... supposedly low carbo...

full strength lager; 4.6% alcohol

http://www.fostersgroup.com/brands/pure-blonde.aspx

http://www.6drunkmen.com/#/brands/

got "addicted" to it during my trip to Australia... hehehe :P

will be ordering quite a bit to stock up my fridge for the house-warming parties... :D

Yah sounds like what you're doing! Which model of TV are u using ah? Can accept connect direct cable to TV with digital tuner?

Right hand side is for my fridge and a side table. :(

Right now only have the middle which is blocked by the light.

Previous owner used to hang their bamboos all over the stairwell, super ugly!

wah sorry can't advise you too much on the TV cos i'm just a simple user... :P my TV is a Toshiba, i just connect the cable directly to TV, i think the sales said something like the digital tuner is already in-built in the TV... can't remember exactly.

your kitchen layout is similar to my sis's, just mirror image... we used to hang clothes on the right hand side (with reference to your kitchen layout). since the bamboos are at the ceiling, whatever below doesn't matter... just that we always have to arrange the shorter clothes to be hung above the fridge LOL :lol:

actually... i prefer Pure Blonde better... sounds like a za-bor (girl) drink... supposedly low carbo...

full strength lager; 4.6% alcohol

http://www.fostersgroup.com/brands/pure-blonde.aspx

http://www.6drunkmen.com/#/brands/

got "addicted" to it during my trip to Australia... hehehe :P

will be ordering quite a bit to stock up my fridge for the house-warming parties... :D

Haha I just had Pure Blond 2 weeks ago with wife. She said it's called Pure Blond because its easy to drink and for bimbos. lol. We're fans of Brothers Toffee Apple Cider, will probably bring them in the cartons. lol

wah sorry can't advise you too much on the TV cos i'm just a simple user... :P my TV is a Toshiba, i just connect the cable directly to TV, i think the sales said something like the digital tuner is already in-built in the TV... can't remember exactly.

Yah, I already ordered TV though, just hope can connect. haha.. if not have to buy tuner.. zzz

your kitchen layout is similar to my sis's, just mirror image... we used to hang clothes on the right hand side (with reference to your kitchen layout). since the bamboos are at the ceiling, whatever below doesn't matter... just that we always have to arrange the shorter clothes to be hung above the fridge LOL :lol:

herm... actually also not that much space there. Unless I let it extrude out to the dining room but thats too ugly. haha. Will see how, maybe just have shorter bamboos and hang clothes on clothes hangers. Got bedsheet or bigger items then bring to balcony or living room.

Yah, I already ordered TV though, just hope can connect. haha.. if not have to buy tuner.. zzz

oh... i see... when we went TV shopping, some salesmen asked whether we have cable TV or mio TV, we said no, hence they told us that we should get a TV with built-in digital tuner. ah, anyway... maybe you can check the spec of your TV?

herm... actually also not that much space there. Unless I let it extrude out to the dining room but thats too ugly. haha. Will see how, maybe just have shorter bamboos and hang clothes on clothes hangers. Got bedsheet or bigger items then bring to balcony or living room.

hahaha ya... my sis didn't hack the kitchen wall so the ugliness is concealed :P anyway for your info, they have 2 sets of bamboo pole clothes hangers: one is on the right side that we were talking about, another one is near the kitchen window, but it's running along the toilet wall instead of parallel to the windows... hope you get what i mean. the bamboo poles gotta be cut short of course ;)

to maximize counter top space, they have a U shape bottom cabinet instead of L shape like yours :) (since never hack any walls)

hahaha ya... my sis didn't hack the kitchen wall so the ugliness is concealed :P anyway for your info, they have 2 sets of bamboo pole clothes hangers: one is on the right side that we were talking about, another one is near the kitchen window, but it's running along the toilet wall instead of parallel to the windows... hope you get what i mean. the bamboo poles gotta be cut short of course ;)

to maximize counter top space, they have a U shape bottom cabinet instead of L shape like yours :) (since never hack any walls)

wah so many! Don't think will do too many all over the kitchen, my aesthetics IC say ugly! lol.

Will post updated pic of kitchen in a moment!

Last lap! Kitchen top installed!

Kitchen

Island can double as table for breakfast, so it protrudes out abit more.

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

My hob and hood certainly had alot of issues...

first, delivered wrong hood colour, and told me the colour I ordered had no stock (didn't even bother to tell me!)

then, when the supplier came to replace it with a colour of my choice, he found that the shop told him the wrong colour AGAIN *faint*

and now, the hob is not the one I ordered. Ok la at least this one is acceptable, was our 2nd choice. The cutout size is different, so no way to change already since kitchen top had already been fabricated.

I've funky ideas for my doorbell and walls.. hur hur

ohh..

very nice colour scheme for the kitchen cabinets...

just the kind i like...

but my kitchen floor tiles... quite a bit darker...

wife said.. don't want dark wood laminate... as she feels it might blend in with the floor tiles and hence no contrast, hence looks weird...

I would like to go for this though...

btw, u know the name of your laminates? :P

wah so many! Don't think will do too many all over the kitchen, my aesthetics IC say ugly! lol.

Will post updated pic of kitchen in a moment!

hahahahaha when they bought the house, it's like that liao. maybe cos previous owner got 2 young kids so a lot of clothes to wash~ :P

hmmmm just kpo, where you bought your hob.... :P

and the kitchen looks good after adding the solid top~! :)

ohh..

very nice colour scheme for the kitchen cabinets...

just the kind i like...

but my kitchen floor tiles... quite a bit darker...

wife said.. don't want dark wood laminate... as she feels it might blend in with the floor tiles and hence no contrast, hence looks weird...

I would like to go for this though...

btw, u know the name of your laminates? :P

Yup, agree that the cabinets should have some contrast with the floor. We opted for a generally bright setting, so floor tiles are of lighter tone too and face of the cabinet with darker walnut colour.

Errrrmmm!!! I dunno the laminate code/colour leh. We just visually point out the laminate we want and the carpenter settle the rest!

Top should be cream/white, bottom walnut brown, solid top just white!

hahahahaha when they bought the house, it's like that liao. maybe cos previous owner got 2 young kids so a lot of clothes to wash~ :P

hmmmm just kpo, where you bought your hob.... :P

and the kitchen looks good after adding the solid top~! :)

The shop name ahhhh... u see my first post lo. Don't plan to make it too obvious, my first 2 purchases with them were excellent, very good. But I guess different person handling it this time... %#$^%

We love the solid top! hehe

The shop name ahhhh... u see my first post lo. Don't plan to make it too obvious, my first 2 purchases with them were excellent, very good. But I guess different person handling it this time... %#$^%

We love the solid top! hehe

oh, oh... find your purchase list liao. haha :P

and i have light kitchen floor tiles too... bro, happy mopping~ :bangwall: but hopefully yours is better cos the tone looks a bit darker than mine...........

oh, oh... find your purchase list liao. haha :P

and i have light kitchen floor tiles too... bro, happy mopping~ :bangwall: but hopefully yours is better cos the tone looks a bit darker than mine...........

marshy, you scaring me loh... mine also light coloured....