Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Doorbell

Already have it... not installed yet. It plays Darth Vader's tune... mwahahhaha

bro where do you get the Darth Vader's tune door bell... wahahaha interesting~ :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I love the geekiness too! Such a personalised, funny touch! Complete with Darth Vader doorbell! lol! Very nice indeed.

Some Free-to-Play games actually do make money, like Allods Online, which arguably is one of best "Free" games out there imo. Very nice interface and good game mechanics and well thought-out class balances.

Enjoy your new home - it's lovely and very cosy. There is soooo much cleaning ahead of you (you seem duly prepared though haha!) - the unpacking is the worst part of moving in, I think.

Thanks! We have more funky ideas... haha.. will see how it fits into the rooms when the furniture is all in.

We don't have a huge load of things, so nothing much to unpack! :) Yeah the cleaning takes up alot of time... hmmm...!!!

bro where do you get the Darth Vader's tune door bell... wahahaha interesting~ :lol:

Its just a doorbell that can play mp3, got it from Amazon. Not cheap tho!

Minor updates~~

Storeroom Racks

Just installed. Custom sizing to fit an L-shape into the room. Please ignore the junk. Tiles placed below, spare paint also.

storeroom_rack.jpg

Living Room Sofa

lilcupcake dropped by today with hubby and cousin to check out the workmanship and stuff, while I was still reassembling the sofa. All done!

living_room_sofa.jpg

Different angle. TV console not in yet, maybe delayed. Gonna call carpenter again.

living_room.jpg

btw, just signed up for fibre broadband also. $29 per month, plus $2 for rental of residential gateway. =D

Wa Darth Vader doorbell.... The postman sure stunned when he press your doorbell :o

Imagine if we had it as a voice screaming "GO AWAY!!" instead. lol. Or just an eerie scream.

Hi scichiro,

Thanks for showing us your place. It's neat, minimalist and open- nice! I've got lots of stuff ( esp kids' stuff like toys n books) so I doubt I can achieve such open space. Probably need lots of storage areas to hide stuff...hehehe

Minor updates~~

Storeroom Racks

Just installed. Custom sizing to fit an L-shape into the room. Please ignore the junk. Tiles placed below, spare paint also.

storeroom_rack.jpg

Living Room Sofa

lilcupcake dropped by today with hubby and cousin to check out the workmanship and stuff, while I was still reassembling the sofa. All done!

living_room_sofa.jpg

Different angle. TV console not in yet, maybe delayed. Gonna call carpenter again.

living_room.jpg

btw, just signed up for fibre broadband also. $29 per month, plus $2 for rental of residential gateway. =D

Its just a doorbell that can play mp3, got it from Amazon. Not cheap tho!

LOL thanks for the info. i was thinking can give my fren as gift cos he likes Star War! hahaha :lol:

fibre broadband for $29 only? :o which provider and what is the speed?

Imagine if we had it as a voice screaming "GO AWAY!!" instead. lol. Or just an eerie scream.

I am sure we can be a little more inventive.

Dog barking.

"Oh your so pretty..." (effeminate male voice)

"Give us a kiss." (Gruff male voice)

"Whatcha want girlfriend." (Strong female voice)

"Look at the size of that thing..." (Starwars quote)

"You ring I come, you ring I come." (Hassled Chinese mans voice)

"Kopi time." (Any voice).

"[loud]Shhh, if we are quiet maybe they will think we are out." (Any voice)

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four." (Kids voice - nursery rhyme)

"You ask him in, and I will hide behind the door with a baseball bat." (Male voice)

"Honey, another client for you..." (male voice calling out).

I think I have to go searching for mp3 playing door bell now :good:.

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Dog barking.

"[loud]Shhh, if we are quite maybe they will think we are out." (Any voice)

"You ask him in, and I will hide behind the door with a baseball bat." (Male voice)

RB

wahaha... sounds very fun hahahaha~ :lol:

Hi soichiro,

Thanks for showing us your place. It's neat, minimalist and open- nice! I've got lots of stuff ( esp kids' stuff like toys n books) so I doubt I can achieve such open space. Probably need lots of storage areas to hide stuff...hehehe

Most welcome! Each family has different needs, saw many done up nicely with storage all over the place too. :) For me, we just want to avoid storing things.

LOL thanks for the info. i was thinking can give my fren as gift cos he likes Star War! hahaha :lol:

fibre broadband for $29 only? :o which provider and what is the speed?

Yeah, but can't find the doorbell in sg tho. Had to buy overseas.

Fibre $29 @ M1. It was the promo at PC Show, just ended!

Dog barking.

"[loud]Shhh, if we are quite maybe they will think we are out." (Any voice)

RB

Giving u inspiration ah? hahaha...

wahaha... sounds very fun hahahaha~ :lol:

Some other weird stuff I put in before to test...

Super Mario Tune

"who's that? are u a sex criminal?!?!" -- howard's mum from Big Bang Theory

Generally voices are quite difficult to hear, esp when I'm in my room behind doors at level 2. Have to make sure its LOUD enough.

Fibre $29 @ M1. It was the promo at PC Show, just ended!

thanks for the info.... d.a.r.n i missed the PC show (again!) :(

Some other weird stuff I put in before to test...

Super Mario Tune

"who's that? are u a sex criminal?!?!" -- howard's mum from Big Bang Theory

Generally voices are quite difficult to hear, esp when I'm in my room behind doors at level 2. Have to make sure its LOUD enough.

must make sure it's loud enough for both the occupants and the visitors outside~ :lol:

If the slide to unlock sticker paste on front door metal grille will be so funny..pple will be trying to slide it.. :sport-smiley-004:

<!--quoteo(post=616694:date=Mar 8 2011, 04:54 PM:name=machy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (machy @ Mar 8 2011, 04:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=616694"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Im planning to install a flexible trunking and pull string inside my false ceiling so that Opennet can just pull the fiber on installation day. Is this feasible?

Where can I buy those flexible trunking(loom tubing)?

Any experience? Pls share with me the address of teh hardware store and how much per meter?

Thanks a lot<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

My electrician did the trunking with a cable to pull. Doesnt look flexible? Will see how it goes in 2 weeks when opennet comes!

How did it go with the fibre optic cable laying? i am intending to do the same but my electrician advise me against it.

thanks for the info.... d.a.r.n i missed the PC show (again!) :(

must make sure it's loud enough for both the occupants and the visitors outside~ :lol:

oops forgot to answer the part on the speed, it is 50mbps upload and 50mbps download.

If the slide to unlock sticker paste on front door metal grille will be so funny..pple will be trying to slide it.. :sport-smiley-004:

It's a magnet, not sticker. So cannot anyhow put outside, ppl can just take it away. :P

How did it go with the fibre optic cable laying? i am intending to do the same but my electrician advise me against it.

It went pretty well! The electrician must make sure the trunking makes minimal bends, and not at any sharp angles. The opennet guys pulled the cables over within a minute. My line will be activated in 2 weeks, so we'll see the speed from there.

It went pretty well! The electrician must make sure the trunking makes minimal bends, and not at any sharp angles. The opennet guys pulled the cables over within a minute. My line will be activated in 2 weeks, so we'll see the speed from there.

Oh, thats great! so u made no 90 degrees bend? what kind of bending did u do as mine definitely require some form of turns.

Also, did you run the trunking initially in concealed ceiling?

Btw, did u managed to go to Koda on a weekday?

Edited by boyblunder