Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Soichiro

Mansionette In The East

Nice job.

Love the brick wall and would also have loved to have boxed up the section on my stairway too.

I have been racking my brain trying to work out where you loose the space compared to a EM like mine (without comparing floor plans) and I think yours is a bit narrower. Still looks like you have a very good amount of room though.

Very much like the layout of the bathrooms upstairs more than mine. The kitchen also looks great.

Interesting to hear about the compressor on the landing, kinda surprised it would be allowed.

With the chasing of cables in the walls like for your stairway, this is one of my pet hates on HDBs that it cannot be done. It looks so much better. The one issue you may likely have is if you come to sell then they will probably tell you to rectify and surface mount. If you are unlucky an officer may see it and tell you to fix if they do a visit for checking for leaks and the like.

With a possible leak, as others have said, the officer will come and check for wet marks and brown water stains. If they can confirm the leak then both the person with the leak and the person getting the leak through their ceiling both have to pay to get it rectified. For citizens it is subsidised and works out to be a few hundred each. The person with the leak will usually agree as they get a newly decorated bathroom. We had a suspected ceiling leak in our old place.

Anyway, great job. Will be nice to see it with all the furniture in.

RB

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Looking for a dining set of dark walnut colour, and rounded edges - clumsy couple la.

So far, only found one but it was $2.4k and doesn't feel very solid. Anyone with recommendations?? :) Same thing for bedside table/cabi.. just want rounded edge. keke.

Hi, i saw quite a few dark tables at KODA (i think). Its at defu lane.

They have a website too. http://www.kodaonline.com/

Most of the prices there are definitely reasonably, just a matter of finding what u want. Their products are mostly meant for export and they fabricate a few pieces in their factory initially and those are usually for sale. And I mean SALE.

Good luck.

Hi

Actual reno bill is 39k. Carpentry separate, about 10k for kitchen, wardrobe, toilet cabinet, tv console.

Actually most mansionettes are that old. Many things to consider, like kids, old folks, pregnant wives, etc.

Hi,

your actual reno bill $39k does not include the 10K for carpentry? So total 49k? :)

Nice job.

Love the brick wall and would also have loved to have boxed up the section on my stairway too.

I have been racking my brain trying to work out where you loose the space compared to a EM like mine (without comparing floor plans) and I think yours is a bit narrower. Still looks like you have a very good amount of room though.

Very much like the layout of the bathrooms upstairs more than mine. The kitchen also looks great.

Interesting to hear about the compressor on the landing, kinda surprised it would be allowed.

With the chasing of cables in the walls like for your stairway, this is one of my pet hates on HDBs that it cannot be done. It looks so much better. The one issue you may likely have is if you come to sell then they will probably tell you to rectify and surface mount. If you are unlucky an officer may see it and tell you to fix if they do a visit for checking for leaks and the like.

With a possible leak, as others have said, the officer will come and check for wet marks and brown water stains. If they can confirm the leak then both the person with the leak and the person getting the leak through their ceiling both have to pay to get it rectified. For citizens it is subsidised and works out to be a few hundred each. The person with the leak will usually agree as they get a newly decorated bathroom. We had a suspected ceiling leak in our old place.

Anyway, great job. Will be nice to see it with all the furniture in.

RB

Hey thanks for the comments. Yes, overall, it is narrower, and the rooms a little smaller. Most EMs have a room (maid room?) in the first level too.

I had a HDB officer come to check for leaks before, no comments from him on all the coverups I've done, except that covering up the piping is risky, need to dismantle if there's any problem with the pipes.

Some furniture already in, doing amendments here and there, so no pics on those yet :P

Hi, i saw quite a few dark tables at KODA (i think). Its at defu lane.

They have a website too. http://www.kodaonline.com/

Most of the prices there are definitely reasonably, just a matter of finding what u want. Their products are mostly meant for export and they fabricate a few pieces in their factory initially and those are usually for sale. And I mean SALE.

Good luck.

Hey thanks! I went down to have a look on Saturday. Apparently they are usually not open on weekends, but I saw a guy going in and asked him to let me in to have a look. Nice collection that suits what I'm looking for! Will be back again as they are still building up their showroom as they plan to go into retail.

Hi,

your actual reno bill $39k does not include the 10K for carpentry? So total 49k? :)

Hi. Well its hard to define how much the actual reno bill is as some people buy furniture off the shelf and have no custom carpentry cost. For me, yes 49k if it includes my kitchen/wardrobe/cabinet/tvconsole. :)

Long time no post, think my reno is one of the longest running yet. lol

Just some updated pics:

Kitchen

With washing machine on the right

yes.. thats a "slide to unlock" magnet!

kitchen_cabinets.jpg

i NEED (okok, i want) to know where i can lay my hands on the magnet. :sport-smiley-004:

Hey thanks for the comments. Yes, overall, it is narrower, and the rooms a little smaller. Most EMs have a room (maid room?) in the first level too.

I had a HDB officer come to check for leaks before, no comments from him on all the coverups I've done, except that covering up the piping is risky, need to dismantle if there's any problem with the pipes.

Cool, although I expect if you came to sell then they may be a bit more strict. I know of at least one place where they had to pull the cables out of the walls and remount them in surface casing before selling. Hate surface mounting...... :bangwall:.

RB

hi

nice reno. my hoiuse has the exact same layout as yours...exactly the same. its interesting what u have done to your toilets

i NEED (okok, i want) to know where i can lay my hands on the magnet. :sport-smiley-004:

7USD here!

http://www.perpetualkid.com/slide-to-unlock-magnet.aspx

Only problem is.. they don't ship to SG. They tend to use big boxes for such magnets since they can't be folded, so think twice if u wanna use something like vpost, the shipping can cost many times more than the product if ill-planned.

Cool, although I expect if you came to sell then they may be a bit more strict. I know of at least one place where they had to pull the cables out of the walls and remount them in surface casing before selling. Hate surface mounting...... :bangwall:.

Yeah true. It's weird, there isn't anything that states that there must be a wire to that location. In any case, its hard to imagine why the next owner won't want it unless there's wear and tear of some sort.

hi

nice reno. my hoiuse has the exact same layout as yours...exactly the same. its interesting what u have done to your toilets

Thanks! I shifted 2 toilet door locations, went thru many discussions with my contractor before deciding on the final layout. But I like the outcome, much better than before!

7USD here!

http://www.perpetualkid.com/slide-to-unlock-magnet.aspx

Only problem is.. they don't ship to SG. They tend to use big boxes for such magnets since they can't be folded, so think twice if u wanna use something like vpost, the shipping can cost many times more than the product if ill-planned.

thank you much... i saw that webby, just thought someone would have brought it in to sell by now. :unsure:

Realized that I missed out some misc pictures.

Fridge

My fridge, very the yandao one. But I didn't do any base. hmmm...

fridge_front.jpg

i-WashingMachine

The crazy things I stick on my appliances.

washing_machine.jpg

Wardrobe Full View

Animation of the individual sections. I get the smallest one on the left, followed by TV/common section and wife's territory

wardrobe.gif

The Work Begins...

Our selection of cleaning stuff before they go back into the cabinets.

cleaning_stuff.jpg

(Some) Pending Stuff!

Sofa

Sofa assembled! But... the installers said cannot do the L shape in the position I wanted coz don't have a screw hole. doh... I will be drilling the hole myself next week and reassembling the sofa.

TV Console

Carpenter should deliver it this weekend. Just a simple design, white with glass top.

Curtains/Blinds

Haven't sourced yet. Anyone with lobang? :) Need for 3 bedrooms and balcony. Earlier had someone quote $5psf for roller blinds, +$10 per top bar.

Dining Set

Will check out KODA when they open. As described in earlier post, looking for solid dark walnut colour, with round edges, must not have any sharp edges. Proven time and again that I'm a magnet to sharp edges.. lol

Coffee Table

Will be looking for white to match TV console.

Clothes Drying Rack

I don't have any hooks on my ceiling yet. Can just buy from DIY shop and cut bamboo poles to the length I need?

Study Table

Currently eyeing some from V.Hive @ Funan. But wife doesn't really like V.Hive. Anyone with experience with their tables?

Internet Plan

This weekend is PC Show. ;)

Vacuum Cleaner

Need something to suck dirt where my broom and brushes can't reach!! No idea what to look for yet though.

Shoe Rack/Cabinet+Chair

Will place at the entrance (inside). Likely to be dark walnut as well. Realized that rain does reach my porch and dirty it. Won't want my shoes outside then....

Doorbell

Already have it... not installed yet. It plays Darth Vader's tune... mwahahhaha

lol i love the geeky stickers and cushions :wub: and nice animation for your wardrobe. congrats on moving in

lol i love the geeky stickers and cushions :wub: and nice animation for your wardrobe. congrats on moving in

Thanks! I'm a game developer and she used to work in gaming events, will have more geeky stuff in the house lor. haha

Thanks! I'm a game developer and she used to work in gaming events, will have more geeky stuff in the house lor. haha

Woah! Game developer! Zai...

That's my dream job leh... But with software piracy so jia lat... Can make money or not?

Btw, what kind of games?

Those blizzard, EA, Activision kind?

Mobile games?

Or web-based MMORPG kind?

Woah! Game developer! Zai...

That's my dream job leh... But with software piracy so jia lat... Can make money or not?

Btw, what kind of games?

Those blizzard, EA, Activision kind?

Mobile games?

Or web-based MMORPG kind?

Actually... hard to make money... all my games are free online casual multi-player flash games, optional to pay for add-ons. @.@ Only a tiny percentage of ppl will pay $$$. heh

I love the geekiness too! Such a personalised, funny touch! Complete with Darth Vader doorbell! lol! Very nice indeed.

Some Free-to-Play games actually do make money, like Allods Online, which arguably is one of best "Free" games out there imo. Very nice interface and good game mechanics and well thought-out class balances.

Enjoy your new home - it's lovely and very cosy. There is soooo much cleaning ahead of you (you seem duly prepared though haha!) - the unpacking is the worst part of moving in, I think.

- Ely