Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Singapore Home Prices Edged Up In Q1 On Strong China Demand-jll

was referring to BTO of course.. :)

yeap i also think 4yrs is too long. Imagine all the passion and desire to get married would have vanished into thin air after 4yrs....hahaaa

2 yrs would be a good waiting period, people usually take around 1 year to prepare for wedding dinner and stuff for wedding. Unfortunately with the silly BTO system, 2 years is not going to happen.

Haha... u are right about the passion thing... I think quite alot of these guys actually forfeited their deposits. Sometimes, if you found a right person, u jus have to move fast. I'm lucky I had kids within 3 years of knowing my wife.. it really brings the family closer together. I think if I have to wait for like 5 years, the passion would definitely fizzle. So what if the govt keeps giving out baby bonus? without a house, how to start family?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
fresh grad getting keys in 4 years time is considered good already. :)

(by current standards)

im not very sure of the market pay for fresh grads nowadays, but i certainly struggled a bit when getting a resale flat. (around 3 yrs after grad)

my expenditure:

COV - 20k

Reno + furnishing - 30k

50k total. Not easy for any one to accumulate after graduation. I was lucky enough that uni fees were paid by dad, so i graduated debt free. Quite a few of my uni friends had study loans to repay...

i think it depends on which line your friends are in... i have plenty of friends who can afford high end condos and even landed property within 5~6 yrs of graduation... i'm not joking~ all are NUS grads. too bad my pay is just a fraction of theirs~ :lol:

but can la... my fren just got her 5-room flat last yr, after working for 3 yrs (hubby worked for 2 yrs). combine income ~6k.

"Decided to "activate" my inheritance funds from both sides of our parents"... waaa, good for you... but not everyone as lucky as you to have such fund to activate. =)

my opinion is that buying hdb (whether resale or new flats) are not difficult for local grads if combined monthly household income >6k. most of the time we wont need to fork out any cash component after CPF deduction, unless you aggressive and go those atas units like DBSS or EC.

but the real problem which i myself face is that if we wanna buy condo or even landed, it will be a relatively far-fetch dream unless one of the following situations (IMHO) occurs:

(1) parent sold their property/ies and use the proceeds to share with you to buy a bigger house like condo or landed; and

(2) combined monthly income rises gradually and accumulated saving also inceases from bonuses, then u sell away your HDB to buy pte.

of course there are many other more "extreme" scenarios like strike TOTO/4D, rich parents who pay one time 100% for the property (e.g. students from china & indonesia) or marry rich like TPL and become a MP. :P

"Decided to "activate" my inheritance funds from both sides of our parents"... waaa, good for you... but not everyone as lucky as you to have such fund to activate. =)

my opinion is that buying hdb (whether resale or new flats) are not difficult for local grads if combined monthly household income >6k. most of the time we wont need to fork out any cash component after CPF deduction, unless you aggressive and go those atas units like DBSS or EC.

but the real problem which i myself face is that if we wanna buy condo or even landed, it will be a relatively far-fetch dream unless one of the following situations (IMHO) occurs:

(1) parent sold their property/ies and use the proceeds to share with you to buy a bigger house like condo or landed; and

(2) combined monthly income rises gradually and accumulated saving also inceases from bonuses, then u sell away your HDB to buy pte.

of course there are many other more "extreme" scenarios like strike TOTO/4D, rich parents who pay one time 100% for the property (e.g. students from china & indonesia) or marry rich like TPL and become a MP. :P

i believe we are not confined to the 2 situations you stated above. Actually it can be done so long as you plan your finance wisely and do not go to a big HDB unit for a start (for example, a 3 or 4-room flat that cost less than $400k). but cannot expect to buy a private property within like 5 or 6 yrs la... probably needs about 10 yrs time... it can be done.

anyway HDB don't let us buy within MOP... :P so use this 5 yrs to accumulate fund and study the market lor.... :lol:

i think one important point is "bitter first, sweet later"... if always "sweet" from the beginning, then very hard to accumulate the funds required for the property unless you are in those well-paid line (e.g. banking, finance, accounting).

okie think i'm starting to sound like my parents LOL :lol:

or marry rich like TPL and become a MP. :P

hahahahaha... :rofl:

Okok I must ask my 2 younger sisters to start joining grassroot activities, learn to act cute and innocert with their big eyes, sajiao"I don't know ...", sajiao "I think ...", stomp their feets. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by forgotten

Okok I must ask my 2 younger sisters to start joining grassroot activities, learn to act cute and innocert with their big eyes, sajiao"I don't know ...", sajiao "I think ...", stomp their feets. :sport-smiley-018:

Oh I'm bringing my 3 year old boy to start networking at the CC this weekend. Maybe in 15 years time, he can run for ministerial positions... can also save uni fees. Dun waste time sending him for tuition classes.

There was this Ms Lim, very "cute" from ECTC with MP LeeYS one night at my doorstep, poured out all my disatisfactions (have had sent emails b4 this but none done)she busy taking down. After the conservation with Lee YS, I counterchecked with her of what have been taken down:

1. All the "8" & "3" labelling/printing of floor storey on wall all "up side down". Big on top and small beneath. Up till now all these printings remained uncorrected. I have sent 3 emails to ECTC on this.

2. Lift announcement system, always pronounce "15" story when it reaches 23 floor, corrected the next day, the day after next back to square one, why like that? I have total sent 3 emails to ECTC on this.

3. There was once a "security system" with "guards" stationed at ground floor which collects $12 per household each month, upon checking with with ECTC, this system is "optional". So I don't pay. After "feedback", all guards gone liao now.