Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Singapore Home Prices Edged Up In Q1 On Strong China Demand-jll

My hubby is the opposite from your hubby. I never hear him grumble so much in our years together haha! :P I called him "grumpy old man" during reservist days and that period as "his yearly PMS".

My brother and his colleagues love reservist cos it's a chance for them to switch off from their auditor work.

my male colleagues always look forward to reservists, esp. high-key ones LOL :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HDB flats, whether new or resale still very affordable to general public. Question is youngerster nowaday's demands set too high at YOUNG year. They want to POSSESS everything in YOUNG age, completely intended to ignor the TIME, love ENJOYING life, don't know what is "PATIENCE" & "WAITING". They prefer pte pty than HDB, to enjoy the "status". They like to possess car than taking public transport. Must be branded 1st hand car. Prefer to have pets than children. Restaurants than hawker centers........

So....with this life style, they can only RENT, rent & rent...

Edited by godloveyou

I don't mind foreigners or PRs buying houses, if they really wanna reside here. Just the other day, I was viewing condo unit at some mass market condo launches and was told a PRC guy paid hard cash for 10 units... I mean, if they invest in prime property, I got nothing to say lah... but now mass market properties also kenna taken up by foreigners, how we Singaporean citizens ever gonna upgrade?

Edited by ZondaR

honestly NS is not as horrible as it sounds la... pretty much manageable and fun during the BMT period.

many men do not mind reservists as well, since its always nice to catch up with long time friends...

ok, back to topic, no system would be 100% "abuse-free". No point saying who go thru loop holes....as there is always someone doing so, its just not us. Be glad we do not have to leave our parents and loved ones in order to "benefit" from a system. If i have a choice, i would still rather be a Singaporean than China guy who can go thru loop holes.

Treasure what we have instead of what we cannot have.

Cheers!

I did two and a half years in Tekong and absolutely enjoyed it.. But after finishing Uni, and going out to work in an MNC, I realised I am 2 or 3 years behind my foreign peers. I mean I was kicked around by this PR who was my age, and he was senior position because he skipped NS. He had a good headstart, and could afford a HDB much earlier than me... also, it didn't help that my recruit pay at that time was $175... 2 1/2 years of income loss is quite a big deal

I did two and a half years in Tekong and absolutely enjoyed it.. But after finishing Uni, and going out to work in an MNC, I realised I am 2 or 3 years behind my foreign peers. I mean I was kicked around by this PR who was my age, and he was senior position because he skipped NS. He had a good headstart, and could afford a HDB much earlier than me... also, it didn't help that my recruit pay at that time was $175... 2 1/2 years of income loss is quite a big deal

:) i was in the same situation, under female seniors (SG) younger than me! But they were nice and did not "kick me around"

like i said earlier, look at what you have. And treasure it.

If you always look at what you don't have, you would never enjoy and treasure life.

He had to give up his family and come to a foreign place to work, i don't think he had it that easy as well. Too often, we think that the grass is greener on the other side, but is that really the case?

if one and afford it, go overseas and "earn" back that 2 yrs... my female colleague (SGrean) studied in Canada and graduated with engineering degree at 21 yrs old... female SG students study in SG local uni can only graduate at 23 yrs old for the same degree.

if one and afford it, go overseas and "earn" back that 2 yrs... my female colleague (SGrean) studied in Canada and graduated with engineering degree at 21 yrs old... female SG students study in SG local uni can only graduate at 23 yrs old for the same degree.

When I was working for one of the big four accounting firm, I used to have this foreign senior who was bragging about him being younger than us... Our first few months were like BMT... except kenna tekan by foreigner...But that was more than a decade back...

Anyway, I believe it is reasonable for foreigners to buy HDB or mass market private properties here, afterall we are a free market. However, they should regulate foreigners who come here and buy like eg 10 units of surburban freehold condos for investments purpose. It creates a very unstable property market. Furthermore, it deprives most of our younger generation Singaporeans from working hard and owning a private property.

For example, I got this newly recruited fresh grad in my department, who had to wait till 2015 to get the keys to his HDB... If he can settle down by buying a cheaper resale flat, he can start a family earlier and contribute to our declining birth rate, and we don't have to resort to importing foreigners..

When I was working for one of the big four accounting firm, I used to have this foreign senior who was bragging about him being younger than us... Our first few months were like BMT... except kenna tekan by foreigner...But that was more than a decade back...

Anyway, I believe it is reasonable for foreigners to buy HDB or mass market private properties here, afterall we are a free market. However, they should regulate foreigners who come here and buy like eg 10 units of surburban freehold condos for investments purpose. It creates a very unstable property market. Furthermore, it deprives most of our younger generation Singaporeans from working hard and owning a private property.

For example, I got this newly recruited fresh grad in my department, who had to wait till 2015 to get the keys to his HDB... If he can settle down by buying a cheaper resale flat, he can start a family earlier and contribute to our declining birth rate, and we don't have to resort to importing foreigners..

many of my graduate friends, easily can afford a resale flat within first 1 or 2 yrs of working, got married early, but don't plan to have any kids cos they find children "a burden". they rather enjoy their free lifestyle.

the society has changed significantly in recent year, starting family early already doesn't help in increasing birthrate cos pple don't plan to have any kids to start with.

fresh grad getting keys in 4 years time is considered good already. :)

(by current standards)

im not very sure of the market pay for fresh grads nowadays, but i certainly struggled a bit when getting a resale flat. (around 3 yrs after grad)

my expenditure:

COV - 20k

Reno + furnishing - 30k

50k total. Not easy for any one to accumulate after graduation. I was lucky enough that uni fees were paid by dad, so i graduated debt free. Quite a few of my uni friends had study loans to repay...

ah yeah, foreigner turn citizen more value than singaporean. sinkarpot just Suxxx. can i don't vote.

Edited by dean

fresh grad getting keys in 4 years time is considered good already. :)

(by current standards)

I'm assuming you are referring to BTO?

Hehe but not everyone is so lucky to get to meet their Mr/Ms Right in their school days.

I have lady friends who only meet Mr Right in their early 30s. By the time they get the keys in 4 years time, they will be near 35 years old :(

Edited by forgotten

I'm assuming you are referring to BTO?

Hehe but not everyone is so lucky to get to meet their Mr/Ms Right in their school days.

I have lady friends who only meet Mr Right in their early 30s. By the time they get the keys in 4 years time, they will be near 35 years old :(

was referring to BTO of course.. :)

yeap i also think 4yrs is too long. Imagine all the passion and desire to get married would have vanished into thin air after 4yrs....hahaaa

2 yrs would be a good waiting period, people usually take around 1 year to prepare for wedding dinner and stuff for wedding. Unfortunately with the silly BTO system, 2 years is not going to happen.