Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veronehoo

My Home @Jurong West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Post-Renovation ~ Week 4

Store-room rack installed by Yee-Sin

100_0990.jpg

Two uncles came and swiftly installed the racks in less than 1 hour's time. I chose the standard L-shaped for $200 net. There are a total of 4 tiers and each tier can hold up to 100kg of weight.

Store.jpg

Hi Veronehoo

Wanted to order something like this. Is the rack shaky?

Kitchen glass backing is up however unsatisfactorily done:

The two adjoining pieces are also uneven (where the white line is)

100_1039.jpg

Some edge caps are too wide which I find it's unacceptable even sealed with transparent silicone.

100_1031.jpg

Paint chipped off and the installer fail to check before mounting, leaving behind a defect mark behind the glass.

100_1035.jpg

After talking to my contractor, he will get the supplier to re-do the entire glass backing.

Edited by veronehoo

The tinted mirrors are up, marking my renovation is coming to an end (pending kitchen & some touch-ups by contractor).

Showing some before and after pics :sport-smiley-018:

Transform1.jpg

Tansform2.jpg

Transform3.jpg

Edited by veronehoo

Transform6.jpg

Transform7.jpg

Thanks for viewing :D

P/S: Experience with my contractor Sam is a pleasant one (so far, haha...). He is very patient and responsible :good: Although there was no impressive 3D pics/layout plan/project management schedule etc, we managed to put our ideas together and came out with the design and layout. He will give constructive inputs and never fails to came up with solutions. Feedback or queries twere promptly dealt with. Workmanship satisfactory.

Edited by veronehoo

Hi Veronehoo,

Nice before and after pictures, esp the toilets. =)

By the way, did you hired an electrician? Happy with the work? Would you recommend him? How was the quotation like?

Cheers,

GetFuzzy.

All the old switches in the house will have to go.

100_0934.jpg100_0937.jpg

Will be going to Choo Chiang to buy clipsal switches including 1-gang, 2-gangs, 3-gangs, water heater, single & double sockets and then getting contractor to install change at $10 each. It is still 50% cheaper than asking contractor to buy and fix. Afterall, they are also getting supplies from Choo Chiang :P

I will be buying the Schneider brand (according to the uncle, Schneider has taken over the Clipsal brand) which is the cheapest. 1-gang costs only $1.30 each.

Update on 26/7/11 - Bought all the switches, sockets & telephone outlets from Choo Chiang for a total of $65.00. I also managed to get a cheaper quote to change all the switches & sockets for a package price of $120 for the entire house ~ Thanks to Uncle Ronnie.

hi

can i check who helped u to change the sockets? who is uncle ronnie?

i also bought the legrand brand from choo chiang but duno how to change.haha.