Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

your house look great :dancingqueen:

lucky you are around to spot anything wrong early and they were able to rectify quickly :notti: :notti:

i think andrew and HX wanted to bring me to go view your unit during the reno, but i didnt go hehe. workmanship looks not bad

Thanks. It is very tiring to keep monitoring and supervising what the workers are doing. What is unfortunate is that things were already done when I reached the site. Sianz...there were few occasion, there is rework. Bo pian, The fault is from them, And difficult to accept the errors.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks. It is very tiring to keep monitoring and supervising what the workers are doing. What is unfortunate is that things were already done when I reached the site. Sianz...there were few occasion, there is rework. Bo pian, The fault is from them, And difficult to accept the errors.

Hi, potatoes

Keep up the spirit! No reno is fault free...cos labour work ma. Just need to be stringent in our QC on their workmanship. Most important is the ID's response to our complaints and get them rectified quickly to our satisfaction.

Congratz on reaching this milestone of your renovation. :sport-smiley-003:

Nice design! :thumbs up:

and ure so sweetttt to ur wifey. :rolleyes:

Thanks. It's something she long to have..... She already have 2 tabletop oven.... Now she has this one to her addition :)

Hi, potatoes

Keep up the spirit! No reno is fault free...cos labour work ma. Just need to be stringent in our QC on their workmanship. Most important is the ID's response to our complaints and get them rectified quickly to our satisfaction.

Congratz on reaching this milestone of your renovation. :sport-smiley-003:

Thanks. My ID does respond to my complaints but I still find him a little slow in getting things done. Hopefully this sat will see the end of my reno. ;)

Updates (Week 9)

ID is still working on the staircase.... still in progress.

Notice the wooden handrail is not up yet and they also need to rework on the existing stairs, by taking away the trimming and making it flushed.

I love the staircase wrought iron design :sport-smiley-018:

ABC002.jpg

ABC001.jpg

ABC004.jpg

All the window grilles have just been installed.:dancingqueen:

ABC005.jpg

Winding Down ...... End of Renovation :dancingqueen:

Started renovation since 18 July.... finally it's coming to a closure.

The final bits were done over the weekend.

Long-awaited Pot-Belly Grille at Balcony was finally up on Sat.

CDE003.jpg

We still accepted it even though it wasn't 100% what we actually requested. We had wanted curve on the top rather than straight. ID also wasn't able to get 8-petal flower and gave us a 5-petal one instead. Eventually, we made a small request to amend his mistakes.... ie to add a few more leaves to exisiting design.

The blue frosted solar film for all windows was also installed :sport-smiley-018:

CDE001.jpg

The rework of laminate staircase.... side trimming finally gone :sport-smiley-018:

CDE002.jpg

It took ID 3 weeks to come out with a solution.....:furious:

Now left with the wooden handrail, which he promised to do it on Tue.

I am glad most of the major things are done..... at least we can now focus on buying some furniture and start our packing. :dancingqueen:

Thanks to all friends in the forum for their invaluable feedback and encouragement.

:yamseng:

Edited by potatoes

Hi, wah..nice!

Can share hw much u quoted for the solar Flim? I also preferred blue to green! My Current windows r blue tinted for living rm also..

Thx Angel, i don't know the actual price, all I know I chose the one with the lowest price lor.

I used blue frosted film for all corridor windows and blue transparent for the other windows. :rolleyes:

Agree with you the border on the laminate steps on the staircase..bit uneasy feeling to step on it.

i dun step fully on each step sometimes..hehe.

so far used to it.

Agree with you the border on the laminate steps on the staircase..bit uneasy feeling to step on it.

i dun step fully on each step sometimes..hehe.

so far used to it.

I find our EM staircase steps quite small and thus it is inevitable that our feet will surely step on the trimming. Very uncomfortable feeling. If this design is ok for the commercial use bcos we wear shoes.

The other problem is the "tweeting" noise made by the rubbing between the trimming and the laminate wood when we walk on the stairs.

It is a good thing our rework was a success! :)

is with trimming borders

IMG_1014.jpg

verses this one (after rework)

IMG_1373.jpg:yamseng:

Edited by potatoes

Zio, I cannot PM u , maybe it is full.

unsure.gif

eh Lady_R told me the same, but I have cleared liao, can you try send again pls drunk.gif