Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hooray, renovation is finally over!

Today, they have installed the wooden handrail for my staircase and added more "leaves" to my balcony grilles.

This sat is handover day. Final touchup and polishing will be done.

Will now start packing and movng things over. :)

Today, they have installed the wooden handrail for my staircase and added more "leaves" to my balcony grilles.

Wah! Happy for u!!! So envy.... :yamseng:

yamseng.gifyamseng.gif

Thanks to all friends for your encouragement. Looking forward to this Sat. And hopefully the touchups would be a quick one. :)

Congrats on moving in soon! Hope you & family can settle in quickly... enjoy the spaciousness. :sport-smiley-004:

The staircase (Completed)

No more trimmings/borders along the edges

IMG_1417.jpg

The wooden handrail

IMG_1373.jpg

At 2nd floor

IMG_1369.jpg

Edited by potatoes

Balcony Grille

More leaves were added to the current one. :dancingqueen:

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Polishing

I thought the marble floor is already shiny, but ID says this Sat he will still do a final round of polishing.:good:

IMG_1378.jpg

We are already moving into week 8 of our renovation .... how I wish everything is over liao. I just hope that there would be no more hiccups in this reno.... as it can very very frustrating going through the mistakes made by ID. Yesterday, we received yet another unpleasant surprise - as mentioned earlier. I just couldn't believe that the grill that was delivered was the wrong design.:bangwall: Hahaha..... How could ID make mistake by ordering the wrong design after so many reminders. I managed to stop them today from installing the grills. I was thinking, it seem that the ID firm was lucky that I made time yesterday to "supervise" and watch them do the job. Isn't that suppose to be the job of my ID?

Existing Renovation problems? Resolved

1. Staircase - ID has come out with another alternative, No more borders for my laminate wooden staircase.:P

2. The unsightly pipes - Rerouting of pipes that appeared in the main living hall, As I looked closely in the floor layout given by HDB., I realise the pipes can be routed from the bathroom to the new store room and then to the balcony.

No more box up needed in the living room. Hooray!:yamseng:

hi potatoes, im still new in rt and enjoyed reading your blog. We also have quite a tight budget for our EM reno. Will be taking our key on 22 nov so can you share with me your ID contact as we have few quotation from fews ID but all is too ex for our budget. The things that you do for your EM is also about the same that we wanted to do for our EM. If you dun mind can pm me your id contact to my email liacomel@gmail.com

thanks a lot

hi potatoes, im still new in rt and enjoyed reading your blog. We also have quite a tight budget for our EM reno. Will be taking our key on 22 nov so can you share with me your ID contact as we have few quotation from fews ID but all is too ex for our budget. The things that you do for your EM is also about the same that we wanted to do for our EM. If you dun mind can pm me your id contact to my email liacomel@gmail.com

thanks a lot

Have just PMed u the contact of my ID. Thx for visiting my blog. My reno is rather simple and nothing really much to showcase..... as we are running on a rather tight budget.

I didnt know much about reno. until I chanced upon renotalk. Initially, I set aside 25K to redo the whole house, which was in a rather original state (u can read and see pics in my beginning posts). Someone in the forum told me it wasnt possible

I quote, "......25k is probably only enough to hack and change the floor tiles and fittings in toilets and kitchen, do cabinets and not much else. No new floor tiles for the rest of the house, no new windows or grilles....." I didnt expect my quotation for most companies was beyond 50K.:jawdrop:

This ID firm is the only one that bothers to get back to me on the quotation and negotiate to a comfortable fig. Without much thought, I went ahead and signed on the dotted line :)

I will be posting some before and after reno pics soon......:yamseng:

Edited by potatoes