Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Where and which light shop that you purchase from?

How much is the LED light that hook up in your kitchen cabinet?

Can share?

Which one r u referring to? I got my lights from various lighting shops along balestier & Jln Besar.

Led light from IKEA is only $29 i think:) I had wanted white LED bit they come with warm white... It still look good anyway :)

Edited by potatoes

MBR Build-in Wardrobe :sport-smiley-018:

I have already moved into my new place for about 2 mths liao..... although I have bought a 4 door wardrobe from Star Furniture, I realise the storage space is not enough to put my spouse and my ever-increasing clothings and accessories. We just need more storage space!

Thanks to this forum that I found "Ah Wei Carpentry", a recommended carpentry company with reasonable pricing. I chose Ah Wei becos of many good comments given by renotalk forumers :good: . The other good thing about this company is that they were willing to do some minor rectification kitchen cabinet jobs which my ID sub con were reluctant to do! . For those minor rectification, My ID wanted to charge me unreasonable price for this!:furious: . Ah Wei was very nice and willing to take up the job.

The workers are installing the full height build-in wardrobe at my MBR today. It is 9 ft long and it comes with a 3 panel sliding door and it also has a build-in sliding mirror. :dancingqueen:

Will upload the final product after they have completed.

After this.... It will bring an end to my renovation :)

Edited by potatoes

MBR Wardrobe

Finally completed within 4hrs.... great workmanship :good:

Final product!:sport-smiley-018:

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Can you spot the pull-out mirror??

IMG_1832.jpg

Edited by potatoes

Wow potatoes...tats a huge warbdrobe...mine is gg to be pathetic coz of space consious...i got a 2 door sliding door nia...was disappointed when carpenter told me last nite but no choice got to accept but am sure not enuff de lor.

Got headache oso when deciding on the shelving...

Woah, that is a huge wardrobe!!!! I like!!!

Could I ask you this: is ah wei very busy? He's so famous....... :dunno:

Edited by piknik

Woah, that is a huge wardrobe!!!! I like!!!

Could I ask you this: is ah wei very busy? He's so famous....... :dunno:

Yea, he is very busy indeed.... Maybe becos he has many referrals:)

Thx. Actually, I don't mind staircase with no railings, but I am thinking of the safety of my family members. It cost a lot $$$ just putting these and the wooden handrail.

potato, can check with you how much your id quote you for you staircase reno total? My id extra charge me 3.3k for the parque steps (15steps) include hacking n istallation of parque. since we want to retain the staircase railing and change the handle only to parque handle and just paint over the wrough iron railing, id quote me additional 1.9k which is i find very ex. any idea how come is so expensive?

I end up cancel the parque handle, retain my wrought iron railing and just paint it over to white colour, additional 350 for the paint and painter. is it reasonable?

Thx

Hi potatoes,

Your house is very well renovated... I think the effort is well worth it. May I have the contact of your ID pls. And also Ah Wei's contact.

Thanks v much.

potato, can check with you how much your id quote you for you staircase reno total? My id extra charge me 3.3k for the parque steps (15steps) include hacking n istallation of parque. since we want to retain the staircase railing and change the handle only to parque handle and just paint over the wrough iron railing, id quote me additional 1.9k which is i find very ex. any idea how come is so expensive?

I end up cancel the parque handle, retain my wrought iron railing and just paint it over to white colour, additional 350 for the paint and painter. is it reasonable?

Thx

Staircase reno can be very costly if your steps are parque. To cut cost and keep to my budget, I got my ID to use laminate wood instead only for horizontal layers, painted wall for the vertical sides. I use wrought iron grilles instead of glass panels. The wooden handrail I got my ID to install already cost me 1K, not sure if it is parque.... also not sure about cost of painting the wrought iron..... if I were u, I surely ask for FOC :)

Hi potatoes,

Your house is very well renovated... I think the effort is well worth it. May I have the contact of your ID pls. And also Ah Wei's contact.

Thanks v much.

Thanks for visitng my blog..... I wouldn't want to recommend my ID cos I think he is really busy handling so many projects....

so he may not be 100% devoted your reno. .Besides, I find my ID often procrastinates and I had to keep pestering him to get my things done....... can be very stressful :bangwall:

I would actualy recommend May_dream's contractor instead. If not for my tight budget, I would have used him.....

Thanks for visitng my blog..... I wouldn't want to recommend my ID cos I think he is really busy handling so many projects....

so he may not be 100% devoted your reno. .Besides, I find my ID often procrastinates and I had to keep pestering him to get my things done....... can be very stressful :bangwall:

I would actualy recommend May_dream's contractor instead. If not for my tight budget, I would have used him.....

wah!! if andrew saw this, he sure will be very happy. hahahaha....

but most importantly, you are happily living in it now. when you going to invite me over to have a look? let me kay poh...

Oic... thanks for your frank feedback :yamseng: