Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Hi, I m still new to this forum. I enjoy reading the blogs of many. I am encouraged by many of u who are willing to share your experience and photos of what u have gone through.

I recently bought an EM unit in Serangoon North..... And paid a rather high COV for a 26 yr old, in very original state.

I have also gone for my 1st Appt on 10 May and I was told that 2nd appt is 8 wks later.

Look forward to sharing more with u.... :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I m still new to this forum. I enjoy reading the blogs of many. I am encouraged by many of u who are willing to share your experience and photos of what u have gone through.

I recently bought an EM unit in Serangoon North..... And paid a rather high COV for a 26 yr old, in very original state.

I have also gone for my 1st Appt on 10 May and I was told that 2nd appt is 8 wks later.

Look forward to sharing more with u.... :)

What block are you at?

• Like 1

I have just learn how to upload photos onto this page using photobucket.....

Just paid $5 and got the floorplan from HDB online. Wow, I didn't expect to get it so quickly.

Here is the floorplan of the EM I have bought.

NewEMlayout-1.png

Edited by potatoes

I am looking forward to get my keys.... meanwile will need to start working on my computer and draft out the details of my renovation budget.

Got to pay so much on COV and would be left with so little cash to renovate this EM which is in very original state. I am going to engage with RT.com and get as much info about the renovation. I hope these will help me in my planning of this 150sq m EM.

:deal: Ha ha....Need to start working on my renovation budget.

Edited by potatoes

I live at Block 12x, and paid 35k COV on my unit back in July 2010, how much did you pay for yours? If its an original condition unit, and you're expecting to do a top to bottom renovation, you'll need to set aside at least 50k.

Same place as u.... My COV is very high....and now little $$$ left for reno.

Edited by potatoes

Hi Potatoes, same boat. Tight budget for Reno after COV. Good luck with your reno! Good thing is GSS coming. Am hoping for some good buys. :)

Same place as u.... My COV is 50k... That's why little left for reno.

I guess we might be neighbours then ;) you can take a look at the thread that I started in the Reno T-blog subforum for my experiences

Edited by cleong

Thanks for putting up info on what you have done so far! Much to learn from u.... Btw, where in the N do u live?

I am looking forward to get my keys.... meanwile will need to start working on my computer and draft out the details of my renovation budget.

Got to pay so much on COV and would be left with so little cash to renovate this EM which is in very original state. I am going to engage with RT.com and get as much info about the renvation. I hope these will help me in my planning of this 150sq m EM.

:deal: Ha ha....Need to start working on my renation budget.

Hi Potatoes, congrats on your successful 1st Appt and nice to see you starting your own T-Blog :yamseng:

I think most resale flats buyers faced the same problem, paying cash in COV and left with little for reno.... to make matter a little worse, most resale units need major overhaul :bangwall: I'm also 1 of them :wacko:

Same place as u.... My COV is 50k... That's why little left for reno.

Welcome to T-blog! Don't be bothered by your COV anymore... cos you still got another owner who paid more than yours for a 4-room flat. :sport-smiley-004: That's me! Anyway, nowadays I don't really post in to T-blog cos very busy with work...only can pop in to read a few threads during lunch or break :rolleyes: But your topic on the COV caught my attention...