Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thx. We intend to keep the marble flooring in living and Dining area.

The whole unit has too many partitions wall , making the house look very dark and gloomy. All these will be hacked when reno begins next week.

My ID will be submitting for approval. Hope everyihing is ok.

Edited by potatoes

Congrats potatoes! :yamseng:

I actually viewed this unit too. All the best in the transformation into a beautiful home for your family.

Edited by incubator

Just spoken to my ID just now regarding about plastering the walls and ceiling for my entire unit..... It wasn't in my previous quote. My wife and I just cannot stand the current rock stone effect..... It only means we now need to spend more $$$

Just spoken to my ID just now regarding about plastering the walls and ceiling for my entire unit..... It wasn't in my previous quote. My wife and I just cannot stand the current rock stone effect..... It only means we now need to spend more $$$

Mine also have rock stone so also spent a lot to make it as smooth as now.

Congrats on getting your keys! Looking forward to see the transformation. :)

Thx Adidaem, I m also looking forward to this x'formation. As I m on a very tight budget, i have to plan carefully as to what I can make do with. Now that the entire unit is empty, I am trying to see what I can keep and what I cannot keep.

Things that I will keep:

1. Balcony sliding doors .... These are aluminium ones. Will get my contractor to service them and refurbish.

2. Marble floor .... Polish it and repair crack lines.

3. System 4 aircon inverter system ..... Service and do chemical wash.

4. Aluminum sliding windows for bedrooms ..... Service them.

5. Water heaters... Still look very new.

6. Electrical wiring .... Just change the Main CB distribution box, switches and sockets.

Apart from these mentioned, everything else in the house will need to be changed.

To me this is Very major reno!

Edited by potatoes

Thanks Joyousline & Kobelala,

Thanks. I will continue to upload some for original pictures from my current EM.

Additional Platform at staircase to be hacked...

Picturesiphone182.jpg

Staircase.... to be changed to laminate wood, wrought iron and wooden handrail

Picturesiphone168.jpg

Balcony : To change to Wrought Iron (Curve type)

Picturesiphone175.jpg

Edited by potatoes

My advise is if u are gonna spend x amount of money, then dun save the additional 10% of x if it is called upon so u can have a complete overhaul. As for aluminum sliding door, the bulk of the door cost is the aluminum and not the glass. So if to refurbish is to change the aluminum and keep the glass, u r doing a disservice. Water heater leakage is usually internal, and a new one cost plus minus of two hundred. Hacked walls equates exposed floorarea that need new flooring; a distinct difference in color w still demarcate the existence of walls that were once there, a little like the phantom wall syndrome.

My advise is if u are gonna spend x amount of money, then dun save the additional 10% of x if it is called upon so u can have a complete overhaul. As for aluminum sliding door, the bulk of the door cost is the aluminum and not the glass. So if to refurbish is to change the aluminum and keep the glass, u r doing a disservice. Water heater leakage is usually internal, and a new one cost plus minus of two hundred. Hacked walls equates exposed floorarea that need new flooring; a distinct difference in color w still demarcate the existence of walls that were once there, a little like the phantom wall syndrome.

Thanks for your advice :good: . I dont intend to change the aluminium door but rather get contractor to clean the thread and change the film and the lock. There is minimum hacking of wall. The only wall that will go is the one at the kitchen entrance, cos I intend to build a breakfast counter. :sport-smiley-018:

Things completed so far:

5 Jul - Collected keys from lawyer

6 Jul - Initial house opening, electircity & water supply turn on

7 Jul - handover place to ID & application for reno permit

9 Jul

Went with ID to Hafray @Balestier to choose the tiles for wall and floor. Took about 2 hrs to decide on the tiles colour and design.

I told my ID that I wanted white homogenous tiles for my Foyer with some "pebbles" design by the side.

Indeed, I was very please with what I selected today.

Miss out on selecting floor tiles for balcony..... Aiyah got to go back there next week to decide again.

As I am very budget $$$ conscious, my ID brought me to Lucky Khoon @Joo Chiat to decide on toilet WCs, basins, taps.. Also ordered a rainshower set togther with heater for my Master bathroom For Kitchen sink, I ordered the granite type. The price is very reasonable and all were given a further 10% discount.

Initially, I thought of getting from Hoe Kee, but now have no regrets getting so many items from Lucky Khoon.

Late afternoon, I got my door supplier to measure main door and doors for all rooms. I also got him to measure wrought iron gate for main gate, something similar to what RB is having now...... heee heee

Renovation will probably begin next week once HDB has approved.

More pics will follow.....

Edited by potatoes

This is another major job for my ID to arrange to bring down this huge wooden fixture on wall next to staircase.

IMG_0523.jpg

My ID would also need to design and build a toilet in this kitchen area with the door facing the new yard area. All toilet and yard are currently not there.

Picturesiphone171.jpg

Edited by potatoes