Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Thanks for highlighting this. There should still sufficient space to walk thru' . I didnt want to hack the other part of the wall because of cost. The part of the wall will be used to put the fridge.

The door that is by the side goes to the utility room correct? Am trying to figure out the layout. So people seated at the bar counter will be facing the main entrance? IMO not very ideal... cos a bit strange to face the door when eating...

Understand you need to retain the wall for the fridge, but in that case I would propose for the bar counter to be at the current entranceway instead, and the seats facing inwards into the kitchen, for better flow for serving food from the kitchen etc. Also no concern on blockage of the entranceway when people are seated at the bar counter.

This is purely from ergonomics perspective of course, not sure what's the implication on fengshui to move the kitchen entrance. :rolleyes:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The door that is by the side goes to the utility room correct? Am trying to figure out the layout. So people seated at the bar counter will be facing the main entrance? IMO not very ideal... cos a bit strange to face the door when eating...

Understand you need to retain the wall for the fridge, but in that case I would propose for the bar counter to be at the current entranceway instead, and the seats facing inwards into the kitchen, for better flow for serving food from the kitchen etc. Also no concern on blockage of the entranceway when people are seated at the bar counter.

This is purely from ergonomics perspective of course, not sure what's the implication on fengshui to move the kitchen entrance. :rolleyes:

Thx for your advice. I still like the idea of having the bar counter in this manner. The original idea was to have an island but cos it is very costly.... So decided on something not so expensive and practical. Those stools will not be there. In effect, I intend to get my ID to have the counter flush on both sides so that I can maximized storage space.

Besides, I don't like having the kitchen entrance facing the main door.

Just got message from my ID that HDB has given the approval on our renovation works. Actual work will start next Mon 18/7.

Congrats Bro ! :sport-smiley-004:

Congrats Bro ! :sport-smiley-004:

Thx Bro Kobelala for visiting my blog.:dancingqueen:

I really hope everything will be smooth and ID was be "on the ball" and get the things done up neatly. I took some ideas from you on cost cutting measures, like keeping the sliding windows upstairs, overlaying my floor tiles instead of hacking...... thx for many other ideas u have given to me (Eg doing up the foyer area)

At least now your major reno headache is over and hope you are settling quickly in your new place.

Some pics of what we purchased from Mayer.

1. Indesit DIsh Washer.

indesitwasher.png

2. Ariston Hob

IMG_0553.jpg

3. Delizia Cooking Hood

IMG_0552.jpg

4. Aiston Oven

IMG_0555.jpg

U can't go wrong with Mayer! Yr 3D looks gd! How much did is your quotation n which ID firm u getting?

Waiting for more pics..

Thx for your compliment angelbutterfly. My quote is 35k not including electrical, plastering, WC and doors. Total should be around 40 to 42k.......

I love Mayer products and the lower range fall with my budget.

They carry brands like Ariston and Delizia and indesit. I have used these brands for many years and also very happywith their quality and modern look.

Edited by potatoes

For the past 13yrs, I only buy Mayer products n it's good! I like their service too...

However, I got special reasons this time so hmmmm hv to switch brands...shall not disclose till I completed my Reno lor..

Tks for yr pm and await yr more replies!

For the past 13yrs, I only buy Mayer products n it's good! I like their service too...

However, I got special reasons this time so hmmmm hv to switch brands...shall not disclose till I completed my Reno lor.

Thx angelbutterfly for the affirmation that invade made the right choice to purchase Mayer products. My wife is very excited about the oven and dish washer.....these r somethings we long to have for many years.

Tks for yr pm and await yr more replies!

Edited by potatoes

The quotes I got from various contractors range from 2K to 2.8K..

That is for my whole hse (118 sqm) - all walls n ceilings.

I estimated mine to be 3.5k to plaster the whole unit..... Yesterday my ID quoted me his lowest price of 3.4k .... Do u think this is reasonable for 150sqm?

My damage on plastering was $2500.. but I didn't plaster my kitchen, toilets walls

So I think 3.4K for 150 sqm is reasonable, although I won't say its cheap. :)

I estimated mine to be 3.5k to plaster the whole unit..... Yesterday my ID quoted me his lowest price of 3.4k .... Do u think this is reasonable for 150sqm?

My damage on plastering was $2500.. but I didn't plaster my kitchen, toilets walls

So I think 3.4K for 150 sqm is reasonable, although I won't say its cheap. :)

Thx. I was thinking about the high walls and ceilings. That's why the cost is so high ..... I wish my pocket is deep enough so that there is more $$$ to use for reno .....

Looking forward to 18 July next Monday ...... Start of renovation.

Wah.. Good luck to you, wish you a smooth and happy renovation..

Next Monday might be the day I'm handed back my flat and would conclude my first reno journey..

Good luck again! :thumbs up: