Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Thx. I was thinking about the high walls and ceilings. That's why the cost is so high ..... I wish my pocket is deep enough so that there is more $$$ to use for reno .....

Bro, yes I also think the cost is due to the high balcony walls and staircase wall, for that, they need to erect scaffolding ...

Looking forward to 18 July next Monday ...... Start of renovation.

All the best, enjoy the fun ! :sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wah.. Good luck to you, wish you a smooth and happy renovation..

Next Monday might be the day I'm handed back my flat and would conclude my first reno journey..

Good luck again! :thumbs up:

Thx .... Also hope u like your new place.

Bro, yes I also think the cost is due to the high balcony walls and staircase wall, for that, they need to erect scaffolding ...

All the best, enjoy the fun ! :sport-smiley-004:

Thx KObelala, haven't start already feel the stress.....u know, I only just realize there is no gas pipes for my block.... Sian leh .... I have never used gas cylinder my whole life.....

I was with my ID today to finalize the details before hacking work starts this Monday.

I was also @Gain City and wanted to get a single split unit aircon for my living room. However, when I told the sales man that I already have a System 4 for the 3 bedrooms & 1 utility rm, immediately says that having 2 compressors in EM is not permitted. Is that true?

He said he will only install the aircon compressor for the split unit if HDB gives the green light....

Edited by potatoes

I was with my ID today to finalize the details before hacking work starts this Monday.

I was also @Gain City and wanted to get a single split unit aircon for my living room. However, when I told the sales man that I already have a System 4 for the 3 bedrooms & 1 utility rm, immediately says that having 2 compressors in EM is not permitted. Is that true?

He said he will only install the airco cmpresspr for 2d split unit if HDB gives the green light

You do not need to apply to HDB if your block has been provided with higher electrical loading. i.e.

[from an earlier post in the Maisonette Owner thread]

Found out there is a way to check if your block can take on 2 compressors.

HDB e-Service: Check Electrical Loading

A simple guideline is that "HDB apartment blocks completed on or after 01 Jan 1994 and flats upgraded under the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP) are provided with a higher electrical loading of 40 amps main switch. Flat owners do not need to apply for an HDB permit to install an air-conditioner or other higher capacity equipment/appliances if the flat is provided with higher electrical loading."

Was reading this:

HDB Guidelines for Electrical Works

Sorry if this is old news. :P

Thought another newbie reading this might find it useful.

My search result was:

"Your block has been provided with higher electrical loading..."

YAY! :D

Just read recently from another T-Blog (sorry, can't rem from where or who shared that info, anyone who knows pls share) that even if your block has not been provided with higher loading, you may be able to install another compressor if HDB gives their approval.

HTH. :yamseng:

Edited by adidaem

You do not need to apply to HDB if your block has been provided with higher electrical loading. i.e. Due touiltu4"

[from an earlier post in the Maisonette Owner thread]

Just read recently from another T-Blog (sorry, can't rem from where or who shared that info, anyone who knows pls share) that even if your block has not been provided with higher loading, you may be able to install another compressor if HDB gives their approval.

HTH. :yamseng:

Thanks 'adidaem for all these useful information from the Hdb website. Anyway my ID will check if HDB approves.

Edited by potatoes

Bro, you can have 2 compressor, but the other 1 have to be inside your unit, since yours is EM, and you're most probably going to place the compressor "inside your space" which is the balcony wall, it is ok according to HDB. For higher loading, yes I recall reading something like what Sis Adidaem said.... u'll have to check on the electrical loading...

Ive seen those EMs around my area having 2 compressors so I strongly believe that its allowed for EMs. Nowadays, in the newer BTOs and DBSS, they have aircon ledges which is considered as part of the floor area and thus considered "your own area" so I believe that by putting it up along the balcony wall (your own area) shouldn't be a problem. =)

Ya lor, don't understand why people in the past fancy "rockstone" effect. Someone told me it helps to keep the lizards away. Initially i wanted to keep it to cut cost.... But my wife kept pestering me b'cos she cannot sleep if she sees the rockstone.

I wonder how much it cost to plaster all the walls and ceiling.

Had the rockstone effect in my current house for the past 20yrs.. and no it doesn't keep lizards and cockroaches away.. lol.. hope the plastering goes well for you!

I checked for mine - its not allowed due to electrical load limits. I don't have a/c for my utility room. Its such a small space a portable a/c unit sould suffice though.

Even without the additional multi-splitbcompressor you would already encounter problems finding a system 4 unit that comes under our block's load limits, there were 3 or 4 the last time I checked.

Edited by cleong

Thanks all for the info. This afternoon I was looking at the neighbours at my block and found some people who installed 2 compressors.... ha ha at least now I m quite certain this is ok.

Picturesiphone028.jpg

I also took photo of MCB (2 units) outside my unit.... not sure if anyone know how to interpret it? Does it tell me anything about electrical loading?

Picturesiphone027.jpg

DAY 1 (Hacking)

It is a really exciting day for me as this is the day when the walls and partition in the flat fell. It was rather massive.

I manage to take some shots towards the end of the day.

The staircase suddenly look very bright after the partition removed.

Picturesiphone023.jpg

The additional platform at void & huge wooden fixture on wall gone at last!

Picturesiphone019.jpg

The kitchen like war torn zone

Picturesiphone021.jpg

more pics coming.....

Edited by potatoes

DAY 1 (Hacking)

It is a really exciting day for me as this is the day when the walls and partition in the flat fell. It was rather massive.

I manage to take some shots towards the end of the day.

The staircase suddenly look very bright after the partition removed.

Picturesiphone023.jpg

The additional platform at void gone at last!

Picturesiphone019.jpg

The kitchen like war torn zone

Picturesiphone021.jpg

more pics coming.....

Swee!!!! Feels good yea!!!

:sport-smiley-004:

Hi there, looking forward to your completed renovation.

We are also in the midst of our renovation in Pasir Ris.

Anyway this is the link to check your electrical loading.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm&Seq=1

Thanks..... All the best to ur Reno too..... Hope everything goes well for u.