Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I ve not seen iRobot but the price I heard is quite similar to iCelbo.....ie abt $900. These 2 have cameras on them to help them "see" things around them and memorize routes. Of course it will be good to own these robots as sellers claim they r different coz they don't repeat the routes. Only Icelbo cones with the mop attachment. I don't find it convincing to have a small cloth to mop the entire house... Lol

My robot only have sensors to sense for objects around it. It offers 5 different mode partterns. I like the along wall best as most of the dust or hair tend to be located along the sides of the walls. The random mode is good enough for me as it covers 70 to 80% of floor space to be vacuum. It xan be programmed to do scheduled work and intelligent enough to go back to home station to recharge itself.

My Agait robot is indeed a great helper to me as I don't have a human domestic helper. Heehee http://www.renotalk.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Hi !

You were saying the robotic vacum cleaner can reach the side of the walls? Does it mean that it can suck up dust from the edge of the floor that's perpendicular to the wall ?

Hope you can get what I'm trying to say :)

Edited by macuser77

Nice cosy hm, with a nice view....

Thanks Ong, from my place can see the Singapore Flyer! Yeah, I can see the fireworks display! :))

outdated design and materials.

Thanks for your honest comment. Not outdated but simple .... nothing really fantastic lor!

Given a very tight budget, we are very happy with the final product :))

Hi !

You were saying the robotic vacum cleaner can reach the side of the walls? Does it mean that it can suck up dust from the edge of the floor that's perpendicular to the wall ?

Hope you can get what I'm trying to say :)

Thanks macuser for writing on my blog..... I understand what you mean. Yes, the robot cleaner is able to clear the dust and hair on the edges along the wall. It is equipped with brushes on the sides of the robot.

with all due respect, i disagree.

i actually think that he's made good use of his tight budget to come up with a design that's both practical and cozy.

At the end of the day, it is a personal choice. And as homeowners, we need to be respectful of that. Everyone has different needs and wants...with a budget to adhere to. It is not in anyone's place (except the homeowners) to comment on the validity of the design and materials. Eg: Some might say caesarstone is extravagant...but if it suits the homeowners needs (homeowners that cook a lot), then it is money well spent..... but to someone who only has a kitchen for show (for example) it is considered an extravagance.

Potatoes...personally i say kudos for making your dream home come true...and enjoy it! :good:

• Like 1

with all due respect, i disagree.

i actually think that he's made good use of his tight budget to come up with a design that's both practical and cozy.

Zihui, thanks for your kind and assuring remarks....all the best to your reno! :)

At the end of the day, it is a personal choice. And as homeowners, we need to be respectful of that. Everyone has different needs and wants...with a budget to adhere to. It is not in anyone's place (except the homeowners) to comment on the validity of the design and materials. Eg: Some might say caesarstone is extravagant...but if it suits the homeowners needs (homeowners that cook a lot), then it is money well spent..... but to someone who only has a kitchen for show (for example) it is considered an extravagance.

Potatoes...personally i say kudos for making your dream home come true...and enjoy it! :good:

You too, Vanessa! Thanks for the nice comments and ever-encouraging words. I wish you well in your renovation....esp the hacking of the bedroom wall will be approved. Cheers! Edited by potatoes

Hi potatoes & cleong,

We just a resale EM exactly the same floor plan as yours. So am a true newbie to this site.

Was kinda lost about how to Reno our EM, but after seeing how beautiful both your homes turned out, I'm feeling hopeful :-)

I absolutely LOVE what you both did for your homes.

May I pls ask how you "deal" with your laundry? Cos our type of EM doesn't have much space for drying. Am also not keen on using a dryer ( unless really really boh pian) cos of the high electric bill & damage to clothes.

Wld be grateful for your & any other kind forumers' advice pls.

Tks so much!

Hi potatoes & cleong,

We just a resale EM exactly the same floor plan as yours. So am a true newbie to this site.

Was kinda lost about how to Reno our EM, but after seeing how beautiful both your homes turned out, I'm feeling hopeful :-)

I absolutely LOVE what you both did for your homes.

May I pls ask how you "deal" with your laundry? Cos our type of EM doesn't have much space for drying. Am also not keen on using a dryer ( unless really really boh pian) cos of the high electric bill & damage to clothes.

Wld be grateful for your & any other kind forumers' advice pls.

Tks so much!

You are welcome and thanks for visiting my blog. I got my ID to constuct a yard next to my kitchen where I can do my laundry and I kept my long balcony which double up as an alternative place for drying my laundry too. I don't use a dryer as my place here is always very windy.

Btw, where is your EM?

Just use a dryer... then you don't even need to hang clothes. Makes doing laundry a breeze, and you don't worry about funky smells during the rainy season.

Renotalk really should have a like button...i wanna click like to this comment! LOL

Thanks for visiting my tblog, Venessa.

I agree with you too about having a 'like' button. It is because of good feedback from forumers.... if not I may end up buying products that may eventually end up as white elephants....heehee.

I can see a "Like This" button on every post but it doesnt work when I clicked on it. it says I have reached the positive feedback quota for the day?

I cant imagine living without a dryer, esp for drying bed linens!