Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Sorry to barge in. Currently looking at sofa threads to source one for my inlaws and read about all the arguments, theories and debates. Not trying to rude but as a reader, wld appreciate the competitors to respect that this is EL thread and start a new thread to comment your thots. The last few pages of comments r hardly beneficial to the readers. U guys have made your stand and we consumers will think it thru before making our purchase. To be honest, I'm only interested in hearing from EL's customers on the products, after sales service and experiences. The rest from the competitors (with the exception of samtheman) doesn't really matter and it's kind of childish. Sorry if I offend anyone of u guys but it's kind of frustrating as a reader to keep clicking pages of the threads to see competitiors arguing and arguing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi EL,

I've finally found the time to drop by at the Expo to order my sofa. I was served by your colleague, Mr Richard, who I must say is very patient and certainly knows his products well. Due to some reasons, I did not order the L-shaped sofa but decided on a 3 seater with double powered recliner instead. My order also had some specific changes to the original design, which Richard noted in the s/o. However, at the point of issuing the s/o, I informed him that I could only confirm the colour later that night. I called him a couple of hours later to confirm the colour and he also agreed to include the leather cleaner on delivery as a sign of customer service. As these 2 information were not written in the s/o, should I be concern? Would you be able to follow-up on this to ensure there is no missing info in the order sheet? For the record, I ordered the sofa in the colour white (which strangely looks a little light brownish), and my sales order # is 20709.

Richard has scheduled for the sofa to be delivered on 9th Jan 2012 and I am certainly looking forward to it. As mentioned in my earlier post, looking at the way you have handled yourself and represented your company, I am confident that I will become one of your many happy customer. Hope I will not be disappointed.

Cheers,

Twins

Hi Twins

I am glad that you are part of EL family. Its nice that for your to compliment our colleague. I had taken note of your sales order and I would like to inform you that the leather kit will not be deliver together with the sofa. Once the sofa is there please call our showroom and we will arrange some one to deliver the leather kit to you.

Despite all the reputation smearing our competitors you stood by your opinion and supported us. I appreciate the fact that you have the faith and trust in us and I promise you that I wouldnt want to trade the world to betray that trust and faith. Thank you for your support. Thank you.

As far as I know and especially after doing some in-depth research the last 2 years, there is no such thing as Tuscan or Tuscany Leather in the context of furniture sold in Singapore. Of course there is leather from Tuscany but only those genuine Made In Italy High End Furniture may occasionally contain some leather hides from Tuscany. It just does not make economic sense to use leather hides that originate from Tuscany in mid and low end leather furniture that are to be sold here in Singapore because consumers can't tell the difference and even if they are told that the leather is really from Tuscany, they are not prepared to pay the real price of Tuscan leather if they are buying low and mid end leather furniture. If I am a sofa manufacturer/retailer, I think I can get by with using leather from India & Pakistan. China does not have enough cows to satisfy their furniture factories so most of their leather is imported anyway. I got a leather jacket that I bought from the U.S that is made from Pakistani leather, really cannot make it :bleah:

The best leathers are from Europe, period. One of the many reasons being their free ranging cattle are not herded and surrounded by barb wire like the U.S where so many fine leather hides are scarred by the extensive use of barb wire. Conclusion, don't bother trying to find out where the leather comes from unless you are paying top dollar for your leather furniture because every country import and export leather to and from each other.

Hi Dave

Based on what you posted here, may I know how can you prove that we do not use Tuscan leather? Have you seen our sofa sets? Have you seen our leather? Cow hides and leather are totally different thing do you know that? leather is processed cowhides. Your research tells you that most of the cowhides comes from Europe? I think its a waste or time trying to convince you. It seems that you and Jeanius and Sam knows more about our business than me.

Hi Dave

Based on what you posted here, may I know how can you prove that we do not use Tuscan leather? Have you seen our sofa sets? Have you seen our leather? Cow hides and leather are totally different thing do you know that? leather is processed cowhides. Your research tells you that most of the cowhides comes from Europe? I think its a waste or time trying to convince you. It seems that you and Jeanius and Sam knows more about our business than me.

Q: may I know how can you prove that we do not use Tuscan leather?

A: May I know how you can prove that you are using cowhides that originate from Tuscany? 90% of furniture retailers claim their leathers are from Italy but you go one step further to distinguish yourself from the rest of the pack by stating explicitly that they are from the region of Tuscany. I would strongly suggest that you obtain the Certificate of Origin from the Tannery that is supplying your factories and display that Certificate of Origin prominently in your Showroom.

Q: Have you seen our sofa sets?

A: I sat on your display sets when I visited your showroom twice.

Q: Cow hides and leather are totally different thing do you know that?

A: I have many leather stuff made from the Skins/Hides of all sorts of animals.

Q: Your research tells you that most of the cowhides comes from Europe?

A: My research tells me that the BEST cowhides come from Europe (not just Italy). The Americans would love to claim they have the best cowhides but their love of barb wire and cattle branding proves otherwise.

Q: I think its a waste or time trying to convince you.

A: You can convince me by displaying the Certificate of Origin in your Showroom or at least a Written Declaration from your factory that your leathers are made from Cowhides that originate from the the Italian province of Tuscany.

Q: It seems that you and Jeanius and Sam knows more about our business than me.

A: I cannot speak for Sam and Jeanius but I would like to know more about your business only because EL wants to stand out from the rest and therefore we want to scrutinize you more carefully before giving EL the Stamp of Approval.

EL, I got no issues with your after sales customer service which I think is commendable. I have already drop the issue about your 5 years warranty on leather anymore because only Time will be the best judge of it. But I am still bothered by the fact that it is just so easy for any furniture retailer to make verbal claims about their products without documentary proof. I will be going back to your Showroom in a couple of weeks and I hope to see some Non Fake Certificate from the Factory or Tannery or your cowhide/leather supplier to back up your claims on the origins of your leathers.

Q: may I know how can you prove that we do not use Tuscan leather?

A: May I know how you can prove that you are using cowhides that originate from Tuscany? 90% of furniture retailers claim their leathers are from Italy but you go one step further to distinguish yourself from the rest of the pack by stating explicitly that they are from the region of Tuscany. I would strongly suggest that you obtain the Certificate of Origin from the Tannery that is supplying your factories and display that Certificate of Origin prominently in your Showroom.

Q: Have you seen our sofa sets?

A: I sat on your display sets when I visited your showroom twice.

Q: Cow hides and leather are totally different thing do you know that?

A: I have many leather stuff made from the Skins/Hides of all sorts of animals.

Q: Your research tells you that most of the cowhides comes from Europe?

A: My research tells me that the BEST cowhides come from Europe (not just Italy). The Americans would love to claim they have the best cowhides but their love of barb wire and cattle branding proves otherwise.

Q: I think its a waste or time trying to convince you.

A: You can convince me by displaying the Certificate of Origin in your Showroom or at least a Written Declaration from your factory that your leathers are made from Cowhides that originate from the the Italian province of Tuscany.

Q: It seems that you and Jeanius and Sam knows more about our business than me.

A: I cannot speak for Sam and Jeanius but I would like to know more about your business only because EL wants to stand out from the rest and therefore we want to scrutinize you more carefully before giving EL the Stamp of Approval.

EL, I got no issues with your after sales customer service which I think is commendable. I have already drop the issue about your 5 years warranty on leather anymore because only Time will be the best judge of it. But I am still bothered by the fact that it is just so easy for any furniture retailer to make verbal claims about their products without documentary proof. I will be going back to your Showroom in a couple of weeks and I hope to see some Non Fake Certificate from the Factory or Tannery or your cowhide/leather supplier to back up your claims on the origins of your leathers.

Hi Dave

As I have mentioned, I will not want to waste time trying to convince you. You are most welcome to visit our showroom, you can even scrutinise our products and you might even want to know if our leather is geniune Tuscan leather. As you can see, we are selling leather sofas, if I were to produce a certificate of quality for our leather you will not believe it.

It might be true that you own alot of leather products however that doesnt make you an expert in leather. If you think what I am saying is wrong, prove it. If you think that I am just lying about our leather then dont place your order with us until you are convinced that you are getting what you paid for.

El does not want to stand out from the rest for all the wrong reasons, You can see that there are people behind us. Despite the fact that I have not been around for a few days, you guys starts to find fault with EL. Dave, please prove me wrong, if you dont believe, its fine with me.

Sorry to barge in. Currently looking at sofa threads to source one for my inlaws and read about all the arguments, theories and debates. Not trying to rude but as a reader, wld appreciate the competitors to respect that this is EL thread and start a new thread to comment your thots. The last few pages of comments r hardly beneficial to the readers. U guys have made your stand and we consumers will think it thru before making our purchase. To be honest, I'm only interested in hearing from EL's customers on the products, after sales service and experiences. The rest from the competitors (with the exception of samtheman) doesn't really matter and it's kind of childish. Sorry if I offend anyone of u guys but it's kind of frustrating as a reader to keep clicking pages of the threads to see competitiors arguing and arguing.

Hi Friends78

I hope you understand from my stand, I have to fend off wild accusations, reputation smearing from people like them, I could have spend my time serving my clients even better but when EL's reputation is at stake I have to make a stand. In fact I am tired of all this speculations.

Now that's just a silly comment. It is not as if Tanneries hide away from the world. It is not as if the leather you use are so unique that anybody has to buy from the same tannery as you do. Hang on! You don't buy hides you buy completed sofas.

Tuscany is a region in Italy. Tuscany Leather is a website that sells hand-crafted leather products. You just say Tuscan leather because it sounds good.

Some times you don't even know what you are saying doesn't make any sense. Asian sofa manufacturers do not buy hide from Italy, they may buy hides tanned by Italian tanneries in Asia.

Finally, you sell low-end sofas there's absolutely no need to use leather imported from Italy and there's no way you can use real imported leather and make any money. You are just insisting because you said it on your brochure and website and you cannot back down.

It like you use Legend Plate USA mechanisms when it is clearly stated on your sofas that they are from Leggett and Platt.

Hi Sam

It seems that we have not finish where we last left behind. What are aruging does make sense, completely based on your own assumption, I rememered the last time, you are a very poor judge of how much does a sofa costs. You are not in this trade and you dont know this business well, how can you comment? First its the mechanism, then the warranty, after that Tuscan leather, what else do you have in mind next? Its absolute nonsense.

I cannot stop you from saying what you want, but let me tell you, you have to be responsible for what you said. I will always be here for people like you and jeanius.

Will check with Zolano here in KL, if they provide the 5 years warranty for leather upholstery.

Another smart Aleck, we get our sofas from zolano? I said before, we had a couple of models with them, oem ones but not all.

Hi Dave, EL claimed that they have their own factory and buying their leather from 'Tuscany' / Brazil. I am a buyer and i want to give them more business if they are willing to OEM our designs with the 5 years warranty and it is not intended for Singapore market anyway.

As i am always in KL, i might want to visit their factory which EL claimed that they have here. I am sure they will want more business for their export business. I have not come across any factories giving 5 years warranty for leather upholstery, so it makes business sense to buy from them.

Hi Jeanius

You are always welcome to do business from us. Come to EL and look for me and we can always sit down and talk, give me your MOQ pay the money and we will deliver.

Hi EL

Don't give me all the bulls. I ask you several questions here but you have never reply and you just go on and on that we are jealous of your company. Any fools will know better after reading all the treads here. You are like a snake, slitering your way out from questions put to you.

Just answer all the questions if you have nothing to hide. Don't BS here.

You do not even have your own factory, so why talk about where you get your leather. As i said before, i am staying in KL, Puchong, you have said in one of your treads that your factory is in KL, i assume it is in Sungei Buloh, just put the address for all to see and i will go verify. Emulate you, you must be crazy.

Hi Jeanius

I am not going to fall for your trap and reveal what is being done over here in EL. I am sorry that EL's business model has hurt your sales so much that you had to resort to commenting in the forum, trying ways and means to pull us down. You will never succeed, we are bona fide businessman who trades decently and are not afraid of jerks like you.

Hey Jeanius, you are punching below the belt here, you know. As EL has an existing contract with an external and independently operated 3rd party factory to do OEM furniture, you cannot expect EL to divulge their 3rd party factory's name in here since it is not EL's own factory and they wouldn't want others to approach the 3rd party factory and obtain similar designs/goods and services. :no:

Hi Dave

What makes you think that we dont own the factories? If we owned the factories what do you have to say? Or rather the factories own us which I had told Samtheman. What has it got to do with you? I always welcome Jeanius to deal with us, as I had said, come look for me in EL, let us know the MOQ, pay the money and we will deliver. I dared him to try. Maybe you wanted a joint venture with him as well?

Another smart Aleck, we get our sofas from zolano? I said before, we had a couple of models with them, oem ones but not all.

Hmmmm......if you owned your factories or according to you, the factory owns you, why do you still need to OEM with Zolano? Copyright issues? Better equipment? Better designs? Better Quality Control? Cheaper production costs? The list of possibilities is endless, not necessarily a bad thing though............ :unsure:

Hi Dave

What makes you think that we dont own the factories? If we owned the factories what do you have to say? Or rather the factories own us which I had told Samtheman. What has it got to do with you? I always welcome Jeanius to deal with us, as I had said, come look for me in EL, let us know the MOQ, pay the money and we will deliver. I dared him to try. Maybe you wanted a joint venture with him as well?

Q: What has it got to do with me?

A: Is it a sin to be curious by nature? :unsure:

Q: Maybe you wanted a joint venture with him as well?

A: My love of home furnishings does not transcends into turning it into a business.

Hi Dave

As I have mentioned, I will not want to waste time trying to convince you. You are most welcome to visit our showroom, you can even scrutinise our products and you might even want to know if our leather is geniune Tuscan leather. As you can see, we are selling leather sofas, if I were to produce a certificate of quality for our leather you will not believe it.

It might be true that you own alot of leather products however that doesnt make you an expert in leather. If you think what I am saying is wrong, prove it. If you think that I am just lying about our leather then dont place your order with us until you are convinced that you are getting what you paid for.

El does not want to stand out from the rest for all the wrong reasons, You can see that there are people behind us. Despite the fact that I have not been around for a few days, you guys starts to find fault with EL. Dave, please prove me wrong, if you dont believe, its fine with me.

I have visited your showroom and sat on your leather sofas. It is real leather, there is no doubt about that but surely it cannot be that difficult or unreasonable to expect a business entity to have documents on hand to prove the quality is as what is asserted. If you do produced a Certificate of Origin for your Leather, I will believe it because I do know how to examine these types of documents as they are commonly required for the import and export of goods.