Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Finally, the 3 seater sofa with double recliner that I order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Strangely, no timing is provided. Hopefully it will be an uneventful delivery. Looking forward to enjoying it.

1st disappointment: Was just told that there has been some delay and delivery today is not possible. Was only told this after I called them to check timing. Imagine if i didn't take initiative to call. To think that i tried to change delivery date last week but was told cannot because schedule & shipment already confirmed.

Will update after the admin lady get back to me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone, i would like to let everyone know that EL has bad after service. I ordered a 7 seater sofa and a coffee table, which came on time.

However, there were 2 issues that i would like to highlight. Firstly, the warranty card was not given to me, so I called them up and the lady said she would post the warranty card by mail to me. this was a month ago. and so far i have called them 4 times and i have not received my warranty card. Secondly, the coffee table that i ordered, BRAND NEW, had a metal piece that dropped off. i brought up the issue to them when i called them but they told me their service side people would call me. When they called me 2 weeks later, he said he would arrange an appointment to come down but he has not called me and it has already been 2 weeks. Then when i called them a few days ago, they tell me the service guy can only make an appointment AFTER CHINESE NEW YEAR. This is the kind of furniture they sell and the service they provide. so i would advice you people to reconsider before purchasing from them.

oh yea, i felt the need to join the forum just to post it because i feel that it is just unacceptable that for the price you pay for their furniture, i expected much better service. And i will update how my case goes.

oh yea, i felt the need to join the forum just to post it because i feel that it is just unacceptable that for the price you pay for their furniture, i expected much better service. And i will update how my case goes.

Thanks for doing us all a big favour and public service by making the effort to post in here and it is much appreciated by all of us. :thumbs up:

1st disappointment: Was just told that there has been some delay and delivery today is not possible. Was only told this after I called them to check timing. Imagine if i didn't take initiative to call. To think that i tried to change delivery date last week but was told cannot because schedule & shipment already confirmed.

Hi Twins

I would like to apologise for the delays. As I had replied you via my sms that due to the festive season our transporter hands are full. That explains the delay. I would like to seek your kind understanding that in our industry, delays are inevitable and unforeseeable. However, as promised, we will make it on the 12th Jan. Thank you.

Hi everyone, i would like to let everyone know that EL has bad after service. I ordered a 7 seater sofa and a coffee table, which came on time.

However, there were 2 issues that i would like to highlight. Firstly, the warranty card was not given to me, so I called them up and the lady said she would post the warranty card by mail to me. this was a month ago. and so far i have called them 4 times and i have not received my warranty card. Secondly, the coffee table that i ordered, BRAND NEW, had a metal piece that dropped off. i brought up the issue to them when i called them but they told me their service side people would call me. When they called me 2 weeks later, he said he would arrange an appointment to come down but he has not called me and it has already been 2 weeks. Then when i called them a few days ago, they tell me the service guy can only make an appointment AFTER CHINESE NEW YEAR. This is the kind of furniture they sell and the service they provide. so i would advice you people to reconsider before purchasing from them.

Hi ethankhoo

first thing first, I would like to request for your sales order number so that I can trace your profile which I can send the warranty card to you. Secondly, I hope that you understand we will change the furiniture for you if found to be defective. I know that there can be no excuse for bad service but I think in every business, there are bound to be hiccups. The difference is how you handle the problems. In EL's case we do not leave our customer in lurch. That is the assurance that I can give to you.

In fact I think by EL's standards we fared fairly well comparing to others in regards to after sale service. I believed that if CNY is not round the corner there will not be delays like that. I am sorry that it caused distress to you and would like to extend my apologies to you on behalf of my company. Please provide me your sales order number so that I can expediate on your service.

Thanks for doing us all a big favour and public service by making the effort to post in here and it is much appreciated by all of us. :thumbs up:

Hi dave

Nice to see you again. I do really hope that our customers post what they felt about us online. Its definately a way that helps us improve on our service level. Without comments we do not know what went wrong. That is why I appreciate customers like Twins and ethankhoo. People like them really urge us to improve.

I can assure you that I will not let customers like them down.

Hi dave

Nice to see you again. I do really hope that our customers post what they felt about us online. Its definately a way that helps us improve on our service level. Without comments we do not know what went wrong. That is why I appreciate customers like Twins and ethankhoo. People like them really urge us to improve.

I can assure you that I will not let customers like them down.

I believe what you are doing here in this forum is a step in the right direction since hardly any other furniture retailers would bother to respond to their customers' complaints and concerns in here. More power to EL if more of their customers are put at ease expeditiously. :good:

Dear Mr EL

So far I've sent 3 emails and made 3 phone calls in the past one week to your office. Todate I've yet to receive any response (just empty promises to call back tomorrow; totally no reply or acknowledgement via email) regarding my request to bring forward the delivery of my sofa ordered on 2 Jan 12. The sofa was scheduled to deliver in mid Mar. My order no. is 10839.

Customer's service is not about lip service.

Regards

Dear Mr EL

So far I've sent 3 emails and made 3 phone calls in the past one week to your office. Todate I've yet to receive any response (just empty promises to call back tomorrow; totally no reply or acknowledgement via email) regarding my request to bring forward the delivery of my sofa ordered on 2 Jan 12. The sofa was scheduled to deliver in mid Mar. My order no. is 10839.

Customer's service is not about lip service.

Regards

Hi Tangkm

I had investigate your feedback and found laspses in our service. I apologised for that. Your request to bring forward the delivery has been processed and we will deliver the sofa to you on the 16th Feb. I seek your kind understanding in this issue as we are currently short handed due to the volume of business that we had during the festive seanson. Its a pleasure to be a service to you.

Thanks Mr EL.

I'll continue to keep all posted of the service quality of Executive Living.

In the mean time, I've one other feedback. The sales order could be better prepared to reflect a full description of the sofa. Important specifications such type/ quality/ thickness of leather, spring material / frame material etc should be indicated clearly to reflect transparency and commitment.. As customer, we can't be quoting your website as part of the sale agreement. Right?

my sales order is 10665.

okay heres my update on my situation.

the warranty card is still NOT HERE. and i just called them and they said it could be lost in the mail? 4-5 times posting and all lost?

the service guy for the coffee table came but i would like to highlight to CALL TO ARRANGE BEFORE COMING. he called me when i was out and told me he's on the way to my house? what am i suppose to do with that kind of situation?

that is all i can say so far, i called in and they said it should be delivered/changed by chinese new year.

Just a quick update on my situation.

The sofa was delivered on the day and time as promised by EL, great job. Nonetheless, there was some minor defect on the middle seat of my 3 seater. I have liaised with EL (including sending him pictures) and he has promised to arrange for their technical expert to come to check after CNY. Hopefully it is not something major and I will keep this between the company and myself for now.

As for the sofa, defects aside, it is very comfortable and the motorised recliners at the 2 ends are pretty cool.

my sales order is 10665.

okay heres my update on my situation.

the warranty card is still NOT HERE. and i just called them and they said it could be lost in the mail? 4-5 times posting and all lost?

the service guy for the coffee table came but i would like to highlight to CALL TO ARRANGE BEFORE COMING. he called me when i was out and told me he's on the way to my house? what am i suppose to do with that kind of situation?

that is all i can say so far, i called in and they said it should be delivered/changed by chinese new year.

Why not make a trip down to collect the warranty card personally?

I really should have read this thread before purchasing from EL :(

I ordered my sofa in Dec 2011... and was PROMISED that it can be delivered by 17 Jan. In fact the salesperson (Richard) said that he will try to deliver EARLIER to avoid the CNY peak period. There was no indication from him that there might be a delay.

On 16 Jan, he called me to say that my sofa will only arrive from Malaysia on 18 Jan! And he asked me if it's OK to deliver on 19 Jan.

I was upset as I specially took leave on 17 Jan. Nonetheless, I arranged to have the sofa delivered tomorrow (20 Jan). He said OK, NO PROBLEM, and we even settled on delivery time to be between 3-6pm. (BTW I asked him if I could have free leather oil as a simple compensation for the delay, and he flatly refused! that's another story....)

Just now, a lady called me to ask if my sofa can be delivered TODAY 6-8pm! I told her no one's at home and I thought we arranged for tomorrow? She kept pressing me for today but I said no way as both hubby and I are working till late. I told her Richard promised me tomorrow and she said "No such thing as promise... now it's CNY period, cannot promise you anything. I can only try to deliver tomorrow, I will call you back to inform you of the timing." I then said I can only make it 3-6pm tomorrow, and she kept saying "cannot promise you... cannot promise you..." I told her I can't be waiting for her the whole day right...?

One word - Disappointed. :(

[Left invoice at home, so cant post invoice number.]