Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

Hi EL,

I bought the electric powered L-shape sofa (black colour)and got it delivered to me in Jan this year. Frankly speaking we really like the thickness and density of the spoonge and so far so good.

But we have a concern over the leather surface, upon delivery the certain area "surface touching your back and head" has many "wrinkle" or "vein" . Seating area was ok, we thought that maybe is due to the wrapping and causes it to "wrinkle".

3 months has past and the wrinkle are still there and it doesn't seems to go away at all. Can you advice us on this?

Thank you.

Hi Yeoyeo

I would suggest that you get some leather oil and apply it on that area for about 2 weeks. If it persists let me know again

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I very scare buy sofa, too many retailers selling same or different quality sofas, these sofa may looks alike. Many sales are stock assistant can cannot help much thus dunno weather can trust ? Is this the reality of this industry, you decide ?

My principal to share :

1. Nvr buy from funiture exhibition, Expo.

2. I stay near but nvr buy fm the megamart in Jurong.

3. I brought sofa fm seahore, I will nvr buy leather things fm them again.

4. Courty svc is good but I paid them more for their services.

5. HN sofa is fm Ausy/NZ, I can trust products from these respectable countries.

6. S.Kadut must try luck.

In sg where sofa buyer is not well protected, I go by heart and price. Got knowledge of leather also no use, because we are not profession and dun contact with leather everyday --

Do you know how to gauage by seeing leather sample?

Who can assure the leather you get is same as the sample?

Even received it, you suspect the quality is different, would you dissect yr sofa to prove\claim it ?

So we are all trying luck.

IMHO will not pay $3000/4000 for a sofa, with sg weather condition, good leather merely waste the animals' sacrify.

A set of sofa $1k-$2, genuie hide leather (vinyl leather, bonded, synthetic, nappa, bicast, full grain, top grain, corrected grain, split leather are all leathers) will do. Cui liao, buy another set even better and lesser risk.

Hi libbit6789

I think different people have different preference. Some like it hot and some like it cold. Hence its really up to them on what they really want. No body likes to buy cheap things, most of times for those who does buy cheap things is because they have limited budget. Else Most will go for something which is value for money.

Wow Kellogs, a lot of faith in EL goods & services! Good for you! Yes, do share your pics and experience! Best of luck to us! :)

PS. EL - Don't disappoint your supporters like us yah! :)

Hi just4fun

As mouch as I wanted, we tried to please everybody as much as we could, however things dont really happen that way we want them to be. I think this is Life! I think what is most important is that when we faced problems, we solve them rather then leaving our customers hanging in the air. I am sure you agree with me. If I were to say that we have zero delivery problems I will be lying to you. No business in the World is problem free. hence rest assure when you are our customers, based on our reputation in Renotalk I am sure you have read about us before commmiting your purchase and I thank you very much for that. Have a great Day!!

Hi just4fun

As mouch as I wanted, we tried to please everybody as much as we could, however things dont really happen that way we want them to be. I think this is Life! I think what is most important is that when we faced problems, we solve them rather then leaving our customers hanging in the air. I am sure you agree with me. If I were to say that we have zero delivery problems I will be lying to you. No business in the World is problem free. hence rest assure when you are our customers, based on our reputation in Renotalk I am sure you have read about us before commmiting your purchase and I thank you very much for that. Have a great Day!!

Dear Mr EL

Agree! With this assurance, I shall await the delivery with anticipation. But first have to complete the reno, choose the coffee table (still KIV) and settle on the delivery date.. :yamseng:

Hi Yeoyeo

I would suggest that you get some leather oil and apply it on that area for about 2 weeks. If it persists let me know again

Hi EL,

The wrinkles is still very obvious, I will email the photos to you. enquiries@el.com.sg

Kindly call me once you have seen the photos.

Thank you.

Hi EL,

The wrinkles is still very obvious, I will email the photos to you. enquiries@el.com.sg

Kindly call me once you have seen the photos.

Thank you.

Hi yeoyeo

I recieved your email and had my colleague, Alvinna to follow up with your feedback. I am sure you had recieved a call from her informing you what are the follow up actions that we are going to take. Meanwhile, please continue to use your sofa while we try to provide the best alternatives for you. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Hi yeoyeo

I recieved your email and had my colleague, Alvinna to follow up with your feedback. I am sure you had recieved a call from her informing you what are the follow up actions that we are going to take. Meanwhile, please continue to use your sofa while we try to provide the best alternatives for you. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Hi EL,

THUMBS UP to your service. Miss Alvinna have called and she said that she able to solve my wrinkle leather. In the mean time, I just hope that my precious sofa will be back in GOOD shape. =)

Thanks once again.

Hi EL,

THUMBS UP to your service. Miss Alvinna have called and she said that she able to solve my wrinkle leather. In the mean time, I just hope that my precious sofa will be back in GOOD shape. =)

Thanks once again.

Hi Yeoyeo

I will follow up personally with Alvinna to make sure that she indeed get someone to service your sofa for you.

My sofa from EL already 1 yr old..and the condition still like brand new. And of coz i m a truly happy and satisfied customer.

Hoping to get a coffee table from them too.

cheers.

Was at EL twice to make amendments to my order & delivery date after placing my order >2 months ago. Richard is ever friendly & accommodating to my requests even when I eventually decided not to buy a dining table from them. Also, got my warranty card already even before delivery; just need to fill in the date upon delivery. This gives me further confidence that EL is serious about it. But I guess calling at the showroom personally to sort things out face-to-face does help. But of cos, I hope the goods are without defeats & are good to last the warranty will not be exercised at all. Hope I will be a happy & satisfied customer like bro romeo & a few others.

Keep it up! :yamseng:

Hi EL,

Thanks once again.

Well, I'm taking back my words on EL's service. THEIR AFTERSALES SERVICE S**KS....

After talking to Alvinna on 8th May, she verbally confirmed they would change a new leather upholstery for me and over the last three weeks, she claimed that she is arranging for the pick-up verytime I speak with her. But till today 26th May, nothing has been done. What's more surprising, at 11.50am today, EL asked their delivery guy to come to my house to look at the sofa's condition.

After he examined, touched and took photos, this delivery guy commented he cannot make the decision and need to ask Malaysia factory folks to make a trip down. WTH! Waste of time.

So I called EL right away. A male employee answered. Alvina was not around so I had to relate my story to this male employee AGAIN. When I asked for his name, he REFUSED to tell me. Fine.... Half way through our conversation i asked again and he was still reluctuant to give me his name. Only the third time when i raised my voice then he told me unwillingly. According to the delivery guy, he's a sale person. Good luck if he's your sales person.

To Dear RICHARD, if you know that your service is good enough, you will NOT be afraid to tell customer your BIG NAME. It's only when you know your service sucks then you try to hide......

You can't do anything even after I took pain to explain the situation. Waste of time! Eventually you still have to check with Alvinna.

I will make sure my post stay for 5 YEARS since you gave your customer 5 years of warranty!!!

Hey yeoyeo, if you can post a picture of the wrinkle on the leather, we should be able to tell you straightaway if EL can solve the problem or not and whether it is actually a defect in the first place.

All the items which I bought from EL are slated to be delivered the upcoming weekend ... I am excited!!! :)

Yo Kellogs. Fully understand your feeling! Am awaitng my delivery too for mid-Jun. Full of anticipation & anxiety (worried once again due to the negative comments by other bros/sis). :dunno: Keep us posted of your delivery & experience ya? Gd luck (to both of us) :drunk: !