Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

And though i called up the shop to report this incident, the staff said will investigate and till now there's no follow up...

Hi Wobuyao

Its really unfortunate that this incident occur, no doubt there were some minor feedbacks about the gaps between the chiase and the seats (which we will get it fix, Please provide your invoice number). I couldnt say whose fault it was for the scratches on the floor. I will see what can be done ti resolve this.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Mr EL

I've read some good comments on EL and read how you respond to all the challenging ones. Despite the negative comments, I took the chance & ordered a Model 8530 half-leather 3-seater sofa (which I like very much after searching for weeks) + a coffee table from EL on 4 Mar 12. I was served by Alvin personally, who later handed over to Richard. Both were very friendly and professional in explaining the products to, and serving me. My order no. is 10909, delivery end May 12 (TBC). Only 2 days after closing the deal, I received a letter from Richard asking for my mobile no., which I forgot to pen down in the order, so that EL could contact me later on the delivery date. He also took the trouble to look for and recommend a dining table (attaching a brochure) to me after hearing my requirements 2 days ago (although I did not find it suitable still). The lady staff (as Richard was out of the office when I called) who answered my call/took down my contact no. was also very friendly.

But as I read more on this thread, and on other threads on how even the most reputable vendors can c*ck up, I'm getting really worried about my order - whether it will be delivered on time, correct, in good condition, after-sales service, warranty, etc. There're still about 2 months to the completion of my reno & the delivery of the purchased goods. Please do not disappoint me and continue to impress me with the service I received during the the deal. Like what Alvin said to me in person that day: do business must be STEADY; EL wants more and long-term business through good word-of-month from satisfied customers...

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Dear Just4fun

I couldnt agree with you more on the service standards for most furniyure dealers. As much as we wanted, we cannot give full assurance that your products will be delivered on time. We have to factor in things like transport which is being outsourced and materials availibility from the factories but nevertheless, we will try our very best to put things right when they go wrong.

As for after sales service, I have very good friends like shaik and twins to give testimonial for EL. I think you can put your mind at ease.

Had wanted to update earlier but it slipped my mind as this thread was quiet for a while..haha. Well, I am happy to report that my sofa was returned to me earlier than promised (almost a week) and there was no sign of further defect. Interestingly, I had called them just to enquire about whether the delivery will be on time and before I know it, I got a call back the following day saying its ready. Not sure if it expedited the delivery but I did mention that I would like to have it returned in time for my house warming as there will be guest who may be potential customers. ;-)

I have been enjoying it for more than a month now and I must say it still feels great. Overall experience is that although you may need to send reminders at times, but most important is that they deliver. I hope this standard continues with their warranty promise although I hope not to have the chance to experience it. lol.

Hi Twins

Thank you for your commend. We will strive to serve you even better.

Hi Cycleo

I believe your problems has been solved. Feel free to give us a call when you encounter any problems in future. Thank you.

FYI NO!!!...ONE LADY CALLED AND ASKED ME ONLY SAYING SHE WILL CHECK. BUT NOTHING WAS DONE AS WHAT I HAVE EXPECTED JUST LIVE WITH IT.. AND WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU ..WHAT CAN YOU DO ... NOTHING ....

Dear Just4fun

I couldnt agree with you more on the service standards for most furniyure dealers. As much as we wanted, we cannot give full assurance that your products will be delivered on time. We have to factor in things like transport which is being outsourced and materials availibility from the factories but nevertheless, we will try our very best to put things right when they go wrong.

As for after sales service, I have very good friends like shaik and twins to give testimonial for EL. I think you can put your mind at ease.

Dear Mr EL

Well, really hope EL will keep a close eye on your service providers and factories (which don't EL has direct control over?) so that nothing should go wrong in the first place. Preventative is better than cure (make good what goes wrong) right? But then got cure better than no cure of cos. Wish me gd luck! Will keep posted of the outcome in this thread!

Edited by jus4fun

It seems like our unit is going to be decked out all on Executive Living items. :)

So far we have purchased the following:

1. L shape recliner Sofa set

2. 1 Dining Table

3. 6 Dining Chair

4. 1 Coffee Table

5. 1 Carpet

6. our whole house wallpaper (EL has beautiful Korean wallpaper)

7. 1 queen divan

Items would be delivered around May time and once everything has been setup nicely, I would take pictures and share with the members here :)

Stay Tuned!

Edited by kellogs

It seems like our unit is going to be decked out all on Executive Living items. :)

Today we have purchased the following:

1. L shape recliner Sofa set

2. 1 Dining Table

3. 6 Dining Chair

4. 1 Coffee Table

5. 1 Carpet

6. our whole house wallpaper (EL has beautiful Korean wallpaper)

7. 1 queen divan

Items would be delivered around May time and once everything has been setup nicely, I would take pictures and share with the members here :)

Stay Tuned!

Wow Kellogs, a lot of faith in EL goods & services! Good for you! Yes, do share your pics and experience! Best of luck to us! :)

PS. EL - Don't disappoint your supporters like us yah! :)

Wow Kellogs, a lot of faith in EL goods & services! Good for you! Yes, do share your pics and experience! Best of luck to us! :)

PS. EL - Don't disappoint your supporters like us yah! :)

Hi Just4fun,

So far I have received good service from Alvin, Kevin and Patsy. I am looking forward when the items are delivered and setup. Our unit is being renovated at the moment :)

When is your delivery date?

Hi Wobuyao

Its really unfortunate that this incident occur, no doubt there were some minor feedbacks about the gaps between the chiase and the seats (which we will get it fix, Please provide your invoice number). I couldnt say whose fault it was for the scratches on the floor. I will see what can be done ti resolve this.

Mr EL,

my invoice number is 10916.

Hi Just4fun,

So far I have received good service from Alvin, Kevin and Patsy. I am looking forward when the items are delivered and setup. Our unit is being renovated at the moment :)

When is your delivery date?

Hi, my unit under reno now too. Delivery probably end of May (TBC)

Hi EL,

I bought the electric powered L-shape sofa (black colour)and got it delivered to me in Jan this year. Frankly speaking we really like the thickness and density of the spoonge and so far so good.

But we have a concern over the leather surface, upon delivery the certain area "surface touching your back and head" has many "wrinkle" or "vein" . Seating area was ok, we thought that maybe is due to the wrapping and causes it to "wrinkle".

3 months has past and the wrinkle are still there and it doesn't seems to go away at all. Can you advice us on this?

Thank you.

I very scare buy sofa, too many retailers selling same or different quality sofas, these sofa may looks alike. Many sales are stock assistant can cannot help much thus dunno weather can trust ? Is this the reality of this industry, you decide ?

My principal to share :

1. Nvr buy from funiture exhibition, Expo.

2. I stay near but nvr buy fm the megamart in Jurong.

3. I brought sofa fm seahore, I will nvr buy leather things fm them again.

4. Courty svc is good but I paid them more for their services.

5. HN sofa is fm Ausy/NZ, I can trust products from these respectable countries.

6. S.Kadut must try luck.

In sg where sofa buyer is not well protected, I go by heart and price. Got knowledge of leather also no use, because we are not profession and dun contact with leather everyday --

Do you know how to gauage by seeing leather sample?

Who can assure the leather you get is same as the sample?

Even received it, you suspect the quality is different, would you dissect yr sofa to prove\claim it ?

So we are all trying luck.

IMHO will not pay $3000/4000 for a sofa, with sg weather condition, good leather merely waste the animals' sacrify.

A set of sofa $1k-$2, genuie hide leather (vinyl leather, bonded, synthetic, nappa, bicast, full grain, top grain, corrected grain, split leather are all leathers) will do. Cui liao, buy another set even better and lesser risk.

FYI NO!!!...ONE LADY CALLED AND ASKED ME ONLY SAYING SHE WILL CHECK. BUT NOTHING WAS DONE AS WHAT I HAVE EXPECTED JUST LIVE WITH IT.. AND WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU ..WHAT CAN YOU DO ... NOTHING ....

Hi Cycleo

I was told by my colleagues that your headrest has been rectified. However I will confirmed with them on Monday to be sure that it happens.