Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simon512

Executive Living - Sofa

I really should have read this thread before purchasing from EL :(

I ordered my sofa in Dec 2011... and was PROMISED that it can be delivered by 17 Jan. In fact the salesperson (Richard) said that he will try to deliver EARLIER to avoid the CNY peak period. There was no indication from him that there might be a delay.

On 16 Jan, he called me to say that my sofa will only arrive from Malaysia on 18 Jan! And he asked me if it's OK to deliver on 19 Jan.

I was upset as I specially took leave on 17 Jan. Nonetheless, I arranged to have the sofa delivered tomorrow (20 Jan). He said OK, NO PROBLEM, and we even settled on delivery time to be between 3-6pm. (BTW I asked him if I could have free leather oil as a simple compensation for the delay, and he flatly refused! that's another story....)

Just now, a lady called me to ask if my sofa can be delivered TODAY 6-8pm! I told her no one's at home and I thought we arranged for tomorrow? She kept pressing me for today but I said no way as both hubby and I are working till late. I told her Richard promised me tomorrow and she said "No such thing as promise... now it's CNY period, cannot promise you anything. I can only try to deliver tomorrow, I will call you back to inform you of the timing." I then said I can only make it 3-6pm tomorrow, and she kept saying "cannot promise you... cannot promise you..." I told her I can't be waiting for her the whole day right...?

One word - Disappointed. :(

[Left invoice at home, so cant post invoice number.]

Hi Donser

I am sorry for my late reply. I believed that you had recieved your sofa by now. I hope that you understand that as much as we wanted, delays are inevitable as there are too many coordinations involve, this is especially so during the CNY period as there is a great rush for new sofas. We had to stretch our production lines till wee hours in the morning. Hence I seek your patience. I hope you enjoy your sofa!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The folks from EL just came to check on a defect that i had reported when my sofa was first delivered in january. The defects were found on the center piece of my 3 seater. Kudos to them, they agreed to take it back to replace the leather after they verified that it was a genuine defect. Was told it will be returned before the end of the month as they need to send the piece back to their factory in malaysia. Will update further on their aftersales quality. So far, i have to admit the sofa has been fantastic.

The folks from EL just came to check on a defect that i had reported when my sofa was first delivered in january. The defects were found on the center piece of my 3 seater. Kudos to them, they agreed to take it back to replace the leather after they verified that it was a genuine defect. Was told it will be returned before the end of the month as they need to send the piece back to their factory in malaysia. Will update further on their aftersales quality. So far, i have to admit the sofa has been fantastic.

Hi twins

Its nice to see you here again. I will instruct them to keep a good eye on your sofa. Hence you do have to worry about that. I hope that you will be satified with the overall service that we provide. Thank you and have a nice day!

Hi EL

I think the service standard is not as good as it claims to be. I receive your sofa in dec but it was not the correct length as ordered. Your salesman Richard explain the the frame from factory is fix so cannot change the length. I accepted it. But the headrest leather is over tight causing crumpled effect which I request for alteration. Alteration form is filled and I was promised to get it done after christmas. But no one called. Subsequently I call and was told after cyn. Never mind I suppose cyn period would be staff shorthanded. But to date despite me calling two to three times asking for status. No one seems to bother to call me. I guess the warranty period or aftersales service is just marketing tools.

I finally decided to go ahead and replace my teak day bed seat and cushion cotton covers with entry level semi aniline Italian Leather. It will take 3 full cow hides and the total cost is $1750 inclusive of labour. The point I am trying to make here is that just the removable foam seat and loose back cushions alone needed 3 full cowhides. If you are buying a standard conventional 3 Seater Italian leather sofa, you will need more than 3 full cowhides. If you add in the costs of the frame, foam and other materials along with the leather hides, it would seemed very fishy for any furniture retailer to be able to sell a 3 Seater plus 2 Seater Italian Leather Sofa set at less than $3000 with profit. The obvious conclusion would be that the leather is definitely not from Italy. Nonetheless, it is perfectly fine if the leather sofa set that you bought thinking that it is made from Italian leather turns out not to be the case so long as it is a decent quality leather, then the country of origin is immaterial.

Hi EL

I think the service standard is not as good as it claims to be. I receive your sofa in dec but it was not the correct length as ordered. Your salesman Richard explain the the frame from factory is fix so cannot change the length. I accepted it. But the headrest leather is over tight causing crumpled effect which I request for alteration. Alteration form is filled and I was promised to get it done after christmas. But no one called. Subsequently I call and was told after cyn. Never mind I suppose cyn period would be staff shorthanded. But to date despite me calling two to three times asking for status. No one seems to bother to call me. I guess the warranty period or aftersales service is just marketing tools.

Dear Cycleo

I apologised for my late reply. I am pretty busy recently as we are setting 2 more shops at the same time. It would be good if you are able to provide me with your Invoice number so that I can track for you. As I mentioned, there can beno excuse for bad service and I think Richard as you mentioned has to be responsible for all that had happen. I will talk to him and revert to you in due course.

I finally decided to go ahead and replace my teak day bed seat and cushion cotton covers with entry level semi aniline Italian Leather. It will take 3 full cow hides and the total cost is $1750 inclusive of labour. The point I am trying to make here is that just the removable foam seat and loose back cushions alone needed 3 full cowhides. If you are buying a standard conventional 3 Seater Italian leather sofa, you will need more than 3 full cowhides. If you add in the costs of the frame, foam and other materials along with the leather hides, it would seemed very fishy for any furniture retailer to be able to sell a 3 Seater plus 2 Seater Italian Leather Sofa set at less than $3000 with profit. The obvious conclusion would be that the leather is definitely not from Italy. Nonetheless, it is perfectly fine if the leather sofa set that you bought thinking that it is made from Italian leather turns out not to be the case so long as it is a decent quality leather, then the country of origin is immaterial.

Hi Dave

Congrats on your new bed. If you dont mind you are welcome to visit us at our mattress boutique and I will offer you a bedframe in full geniune Italian leather at a price much lower than what you are getting at the moment. As for a sofa lesser than 3k using Italian leather is possible when its on promotion. Promotions means, lower profit margin. I hope you get the facts right before you start commenting again.

Dear Cycleo

I apologised for my late reply. I am pretty busy recently as we are setting 2 more shops at the same time. It would be good if you are able to provide me with your Invoice number so that I can track for you. As I mentioned, there can beno excuse for bad service and I think Richard as you mentioned has to be responsible for all that had happen. I will talk to him and revert to you in due course.

Dear Cycleo

Hi EL

FYI, I have called several times and repeated my invoice numbers several times. Only when I decide to write in that the staffs bother to reply and quickly resolve my crumpled headrest issue after three months. How? By stuffing cushion to the interior. The crumpled headrest now is not crumpled but bulky/bloated. This is the "service" provided. Never mind I guess I have to live with it.

Hi EL

FYI, I have called several times and repeated my invoice numbers several times. Only when I decide to write in that the staffs bother to reply and quickly resolve my crumpled headrest issue after three months. How? By stuffing cushion to the interior. The crumpled headrest now is not crumpled but bulky/bloated. This is the "service" provided. Never mind I guess I have to live with it.

Hi Cycleo

I understand your frustration. I hope that you can provide me with your invoice number for one last time so that I can personally follow up on your feedback. As I had mentioned, we never leave our customer in lurch. Delays maybe at times but never in lurch.

I have read this thread with great interest as I have just bought 1 sofa set + dining table + 6 dining chair from Executive Living during my visit to the expo today - total damage 6500 SGD.

We love the sofa when we sat on it, the dining table was stylishly made so is the dining chair.

We were served by Patsy and she has been very helpful so is Kelvin.

Lastly I hope our delivery would be a smooth one with the product which we ordered. :)

I have read this thread with great interest as I have just bought 1 sofa set + dining table + 6 dining chair from Executive Living during my visit to the expo today - total damage 6500 SGD.

We love the sofa when we sat on it, the dining table was stylishly made so is the dining chair.

Lastly I hope our delivery would be a smooth one with the product which we ordered. :)

This is my favourite thread and I read it with great interest all the time. :sport-smiley-004:

Wahahaha........