Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Artistic Buddha Acrylic Painting

Hi folks,

I chanced upon an existing thread with beautifully furnished interior decor and got in touch with the seller of her buddha paintings.

I bought one of the medium sized buddha painting from him yesterday and for the time being, have decided to mount the painting on one of the walls outside my studyroom (which we will be converting into a TV room). Once my flat has been repainted, I'll be positioning the painting at the balcony.

The painting is textured and the buddha has a very serene & calming effect on us when looked upon.

5813535469_cf8f61049f_z.jpg

Edited by edenstrauss

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In addition to this painting, I have also ordered another larger potrait of a buddha, which I would be placing it on the wall flanking the left hand side of our main door entrance (when looking into the flat from the exterior of our home).

I'll be uploading this other larger painting once I receive it.

Hi folks,

I've decided to remove the identity of the seller becox the recent batches of painting which I ordered were less than satisfactory as the brush strokes & painting techniques were not as fine & professionally done. Somewhat amateurish.

I'm still scouting around for a gold-tone buddha portrait... would upload again should I find it elsewhere.

Or if anybody knows where I could find it, please PM me. thanks alot! :D

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi,

I also looking for one, there are 2 sellers, which one you buy from M-R or G V-I

Thanks

Rgds

Hi kkss_tt,

I would suggest that u scout around china town area because u get to see the real stuff & judge for yourself if it's worth buying or not.

After ordering a first piece of the buddha painting from this ebay seller, I ordered a second piece in a larger print because the quality for the first piece was excellent.

However, I was very disappointed when the subsequent batches were a far cry from the first. Thick layers of paint were used for painting & the brush strokes tell the viewer that the skills were not up to par as compared to the artist who did the first piece that I bought.

As such, I wouldn't want to recommend this seller liberally to just anybody. Unless you are prepared to overlook the quality.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi folks,

I found a newly opened shop @ Lucky Chinatown carrying very beautifully painted drawings on canvas. And upon request, nice framing with intricacies is included too.

Although I'm not an expert in judging the quality of the paints used, but the brush strokes seemed to foretell that all the artpieces are painted by artists who have relatively fine skills and that they have painted with much love & care.

They have a great many variety of paintings, including artistic buddha portraits, which customers would have to request to get a view of them as there were just too many paintings to be displayed in a confined space within the shop. As such, the artistic buddha portraits are being hidden from the main gallery.

I think I will obtain the owner's permission in uploading photographs of some of their art pieces, which could be used for fengshui or decorative purposes if they are required.

That's if he allows it becox afterall, there are cultural differences when the owner isn't a Singaporean :P

Edited by edenstrauss

Oops I forgot to include the address & name of this shop... here goes...

艺美苑 (Yi Mei Yuan)

211 New Bridge Road

#02-11

Lucky ChinaTown

Singapore 059432

Tel: 6225-2961 / 90529556

The man who attended to me is a Mr Yong and his name card shows a chinese name 杨峰.

I'm very curious as to what the chinese name of their shop meant. This Mr Yong didn't try to hard sell me anything but he came across as sincere & showed me a few paintings on buddhas, including the 3 sages from the West which was on display at the front entrance of his shop aka gallery.

At least, he was a very humble person who doesn't "吊起来卖" which I didn't like as a customer.

He had a pair of large paintings on buddha's portrait; one has a right orientation & the other version had a left.

Unfortunately, it was painted in black & white, whereas I was looking for a goldish yellowy hue version. He had proposed that he order it for me but I was really concerned over about the workmanship as I already had one bad experience through the ebay seller whom I bought my first & subsequent buddha portraits from... haiz...

There is one shop in the same row of Hoe Kee @ No. 1 Jalan Berseh selling paintings & portraits & deco. They sell the buddha portrait which you are looking for. sorry did not take any pic..

The building is New World Centre, the shop selling the paintings there is called Exclusive Living or something along the line. The shop assistants quoted me abt $200-$300 for the one they had on display.

There is one shop in the same row of Hoe Kee @ No. 1 Jalan Berseh selling paintings & portraits & deco. They sell the buddha portrait which you are looking for. sorry did not take any pic..

ok thanks for sharing with me ! :D

I will go down & take a look this coming week...

The building is New World Centre, the shop selling the paintings there is called Exclusive Living or something along the line. The shop assistants quoted me abt $200-$300 for the one they had on display.

Whoa $200-300 is soooooooo expensive!

The newly opened shop at Lucky Chinatown sells the large versions at only $90+.

Did u buy any from the shop located at New World Centre?

I'm trying my luck at the singapore expo furniture fair to see if I could get any of these nice buddha paintings but I think chances are, it'll be costly becox they've got to pay rent...

Edited by edenstrauss

Nope, it's way over my budget haha, i do believe that the cheapest pieces of such paintings are from the same ebay seller you had purchased from. I have been eyeing similar paintings but my wife doesn't feel that it goes with our planned deco. :bangwall: (p.s: the name of the ebay seller is still in the topic/subject)

hi edenstrass! thanks for starting this thread!

me interested in such painting as well. can furnish me the details of d ebay seller for enquiries purposes pls? tks in advance!

oh yes yes, the shop at new world centre, besides hoe kee,... i happened to walk walk there jus last mon or tue while awaiting for royal fanco to open. Xclusive Living is the name of the shop & they are selling nice accessories like vases, paintings & portraits, etc.

however the buddha front-facing painting in black frame which caught my eyes, was actually carrying a price tag of $450 if not wrong! very expensive & mark.low, likewise it's way off my budget!

shall go pay visit to Lucky Chinatown sometimes this wk!

Nope, it's way over my budget haha, i do believe that the cheapest pieces of such paintings are from the same ebay seller you had purchased from. I have been eyeing similar paintings but my wife doesn't feel that it goes with our planned deco. :bangwall: (p.s: the name of the ebay seller is still in the topic/subject)

The second piece of art which I ordered from him was a letdown. The quality was different & the painting techniques was mediocre too as compared to the first piece which I bought & uploaded here on my thread. The paint was so thick & quality was nothing like the first... in fact, a far cry from the first canvas painting.

The seller did tell me that the facial expression wouldn't be the same becox it's hand painted & not mass-produced by printing. Yes this is understandable but the quality of how the painting is put together - the graduation of colours, brush strokes were... very different from the first piece that I bought.

I'm really very disappointed. The paint on the canvas was so thick that I felt that it was ridiculous & not done by a professional. Upon looking at it for a longer time, the artpiece looked "kiddish" & amateurish.

I found this second shop which is newly opened at lucky chinatown on the 2nd floor which sells such paintings too. But it's a pity that they didn't have the gold version in stock... and they told me that I need to pay an additional $30 for freight charges if I wanted the gold version - I decided not to go for it becox I didn't want to go thru what I went thru once with the ebay seller: ordering without seeing the real thing.

Edited by edenstrauss