Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Well here goes my experience. The ID I was assigned is a polite, youngish Malaysian chap. We went for our first appointment with him, listed down everything that we wanted to do (self-designed already) and stated our budget. Without even a hint that we had way overshot our budget, he contacted us again telling us to come down for a 2nd appointment. After some coaxing he emailed the quotation to us and it amounted to 10k+ more. We found it a major waste of time, and took him off our list immediately. To be fair, we did say that we would be listing out everything that we wanted. But IMO a seasoned ID would have advised us that we were 'going overboard' and managed our expectations right from the start.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 10/2/2011 at 4:44 PM, Johnathan Xavier said:

Hmm, I think shld counter the ID rather den pin pt the Company. Cos I think is pretty unfair for those who put in alot effort on the job they do. As for Kenneth, i do not know him as my ID was Alex. Alex is a very responsible ID i come to know after a visit of more den 10 IDs. After the long search, realized is not the company that serve you but is how good and experience the ID can be. Alot ID is new, so when they quote you or mention something they might not know wat they are talking as reno may seen impossible. As for a experience ID, they can tell you those that is impossible to do esp in HDB and give u a good suggestion rather then just "Yes Sir We Can Do It". As for Alex, I come to know him after he contacted me for my new flat in Compassvale Dr. He is a very puncture and experience ID. He help me plan my house with saving which most of us needed. He like to say " Got Do Got Money, No Do No Money" mean watever he do he will charge but those extra he wont. beginning i tot he was just another ID telling off... blablabla.. but turn out to be true. Every meeting he waited for me as i always late (my wife and 5mth old baby ard), he waited for us even we always late. He will be the one come in the office or in my new house before i reaches there (maybe 1 or 2 time he have another client). But i find him very nice person and now we become good friend. I even recommanded him few friends to him, all turn out to be good. My house reno price very reasonable and for those i ask for extra, he either ask me dun waste money or tell me to save it on another area. Overall he help me save money and he dun drill hole in my wallet for sure. Everything done is listed in the quotation inches by inches. How much he earn from me, he very clearly can tell me off. Most of us wanted is a ID that is responsible and giving u ideas rather then those u cant even find them! when Alex was away for his reservist, another ID replace him just for 2wk, my head dam BIG~! Ask this ask that, that ID cant explain or tell me wat is happen. Even best! Call and SMS no reply~! sad case rite? Even he is in camp choinging~! He find time call me after he know i'm angry..So i do understand how angry it can be when a ID promise something but nvr do it or dun even understand your needs. But for project left undone and push to another person, if we ourselves we willing to take? LOL. As for now, my reno price have been fully paid, Alex still came up to my house or reply me when i found defects. He will find ppl to repair or amend it. No reno is perfect i guess but is the after service is impt. Hopefully everyone can get a good ID that suit their style and concept. Cheer~!

which Alex is this ? they have two 

On 7/26/2016 at 11:48 PM, phantommist said:

Hi all,

Anyone has enagaged UD for renovation work recently? How is their workmanship and schedule control?

My project is on going now, will tell soon

On 29 November 2016 at 11:46 PM, minnipham said:

My project is on going now, will tell soon

It is supposed to hand over by this week, here is the status. 

1) kitchen no drawers only the frame, no doors , Alex did not order yet despite he and his company promised to deliver as soon as possible, not sure how they do the planning ? 

2) no storage in either bathroom , carpentry delay again 

3) nine of the vanity or kitchen has countertop , they did not order 

4) cannot use any washing machine or appliance. 

Can't wait to complete this nightmare, has been stressing me out 

On 12/7/2016 at 3:17 AM, minnipham said:

1) kitchen no drawers only the frame, no doors , Alex did not order yet despite he and his company promised to deliver as soon as possible, not sure how they do the planning ? 

Hi minnipham, how is it? Mine was sabo'ed by opennet, everything also pushed back by 1 week plus.

On 07/12/2016 at 3:17 AM, minnipham said:

thats sad to hear.. did they provide an ETA on the handover since its already been delayed?

On 10/2/2011 at 4:44 PM, Johnathan Xavier said:

Hmm, I think shld counter the ID rather den pin pt the Company. Cos I think is pretty unfair for those who put in alot effort on the job they do. As for Kenneth, i do not know him as my ID was Alex. Alex is a very responsible ID i come to know after a visit of more den 10 IDs. After the long search, realized is not the company that serve you but is how good and experience the ID can be. Alot ID is new, so when they quote you or mention something they might not know wat they are talking as reno may seen impossible. As for a experience ID, they can tell you those that is impossible to do esp in HDB and give u a good suggestion rather then just "Yes Sir We Can Do It". As for Alex, I come to know him after he contacted me for my new flat in Compassvale Dr. He is a very puncture and experience ID. He help me plan my house with saving which most of us needed. He like to say " Got Do Got Money, No Do No Money" mean watever he do he will charge but those extra he wont. beginning i tot he was just another ID telling off... blablabla.. but turn out to be true. Every meeting he waited for me as i always late (my wife and 5mth old baby ard), he waited for us even we always late. He will be the one come in the office or in my new house before i reaches there (maybe 1 or 2 time he have another client). But i find him very nice person and now we become good friend. I even recommanded him few friends to him, all turn out to be good. My house reno price very reasonable and for those i ask for extra, he either ask me dun waste money or tell me to save it on another area. Overall he help me save money and he dun drill hole in my wallet for sure. Everything done is listed in the quotation inches by inches. How much he earn from me, he very clearly can tell me off. Most of us wanted is a ID that is responsible and giving u ideas rather then those u cant even find them! when Alex was away for his reservist, another ID replace him just for 2wk, my head dam BIG~! Ask this ask that, that ID cant explain or tell me wat is happen. Even best! Call and SMS no reply~! sad case rite? Even he is in camp choinging~! He find time call me after he know i'm angry..So i do understand how angry it can be when a ID promise something but nvr do it or dun even understand your needs. But for project left undone and push to another person, if we ourselves we willing to take? LOL. As for now, my reno price have been fully paid, Alex still came up to my house or reply me when i found defects. He will find ppl to repair or amend it. No reno is perfect i guess but is the after service is impt. Hopefully everyone can get a good ID that suit their style and concept. Cheer~!

On 12/9/2016 at 3:08 PM, niel85 said:

thats sad to hear.. did they provide an ETA on the handover since its already been delayed?

The hand over is the first week of Dec, so I gave him the leeway to hand over on Friday, it is Dec 26th now, it is still not completed.

My sincere advice to all fellow home owners, Do NOT get closer to this company even more not the Interior Disaster called Alex Eh, Pay no attention to detail, no memory, and Lie after another Lie, little knowledge on stuff and just trying to use another lie to cover the previous one.

I am going to start a post on my "Wonderful" Experience with them, I would not normally spend such time on typing as I have referred my case to CASE and Small claim court, but I think fellow home owners shall know they don't have to put up with the pain given by unprofessional Interior Designer and firm, this industry is far less regulated and many so called ID are taking the projects without proper training or certification.

15 hours ago, minnipham said:

The hand over is the first week of Dec, so I gave him the leeway to hand over on Friday, it is Dec 26th now, it is still not completed.

My sincere advice to all fellow home owners, Do NOT get closer to this company even more not the Interior Disaster called Alex Eh, Pay no attention to detail, no memory, and Lie after another Lie, little knowledge on stuff and just trying to use another lie to cover the previous one.

I am going to start a post on my "Wonderful" Experience with them, I would not normally spend such time on typing as I have referred my case to CASE and Small claim court, but I think fellow home owners shall know they don't have to put up with the pain given by unprofessional Interior Designer and firm, this industry is far less regulated and many so called ID are taking the projects without proper training or certification.

that's way overdue! what a disaster.. :bangwall:

Thats very bad.

Sometimes its combination of expectation by both sides and the working style of both sides. when communication is sub-par, there will be problems.

Mine is more or less completed. taking over this week after 10 weeks of renovation. within that timing, 1 week plus wasted by waiting for opennet. maybe i'm considered lucky?

Hmm...Read through the thread, getting very inconsistent reviews.

IDs that are highly praised by some yet are highly condemned by others and vice versa. Very strange.

Sent out my request to quote to Renotalk and Urban Design is the first to get in touch with me. Plus point to that. Got a chap by the name of Ronny. Anyone have any experience with him before? Thanks.

On 07/12/2016 at 3:17 AM, minnipham said:

I engage UD in 2015, my house end up ready after 8 months!!!! Very very bad after service as well, need to do some rectify but it takes them very long to fix it!!! Regret engaging them till now!!

I saw many good review about urban, so I engage them for my house bto. I had regretted it till today, not only the renovation took 8 months, but the after service was very bad as well!!!
Most of the house design are done by myself, id didn't suggest anything. Id was not around much during the renovation, I did all the talking to carpenter, electrician, painter, and other workers. 
Very very bad!!! 

After done, need to closed account, they changed the ID 2 times just to close my account!!! Really horrible renovation experience.