Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi

Mine is Kent Tan, his service was excellent and awesome and might look forward to sign my reno with him. I find Urban Design the pricing is reasonable. The shop locate at no 586 Balestier Road

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Met them once and it seems that they are not experience enough in the sense of proposal and quotation!

They can just amend it on the spot, add another 3 feets to my kitchen cabinet price when they miscalculated it .

Have remove them from my list.....

Just completed home renovation with ID Angie from Urban Design. We only had minor renovation (Shelf, desk, cabinet/drawer, feature wall, ceiling light box etc), and we are quite happy with the outcome. We got awesome service from Angie, she's very easy to talk to, listened to our concerns and gave great suggestions without being pushy. Since we live overseas, at first we had a lot of worries about the renovation process as we are out of Singapore most of the time but I am really glad that the renovation process were made hassle free for us, we only had to hand over our key to Angie and she did a great job of overseeing the renovation while frequently sending us pictures of work in progress and completed works. We are quite price sensitive but were able to get a good deal without compromising design aesthetic as well. Overall we feel that we got value out of our money. If you are looking for an ID for a renovation I would advise you try engaging designer Angie, talk to her and see if it's a good fit. I had a great experience with her and maybe you would too.

Hi all, I have recently engage Urban Design - chris to do up our resale property . A pleasant young ID who offer us reasonable quote . I have average rating for the service provided . See my like and dislike below .

- reasonable quotes

- good attitude

- willing to get things fix

- responsive

- acceptable quality

- willing to rectify the issue spotted

Can be improve

- need to be more meticulous

- delay in 3d drawing - took about 3 weeks to deliver the drawing . In the end I have to revisit and show him the concept I have research over net.

- price increase along the way due to mis quote. (Ie : original plan was to overlay my living room tiles. However, after accepting the quote, he came bk to us to propose hacking due to clearance height of the store room. 2) hacking of wall which require PE endorsement was not highlighted earlier ) I am not fussing over that $1000+++ cost increase but it can be better done or pre empt before I sign the contract.

Overall- average rating but if believed his service will prove with experience.

Anyone to share the review of Urban Design? Need to pay how much in order to see 3D drawings? Anyone can highlight the payment terms & any good ID to recommend in here?

Seem like all the good reviews are fire and forget. All are with one post. Strange.

Yes I do agreed with you it is all 1 post & after that they had disappeared.

Did not even shortlist them due to their pricing keep changing. Can't even imagine if i signed up with them , my renovation cost will just increase to another few k. I have budget constraint as a home owner. Will not pin point which id from urban i have spoke to but just choose the right id for your first home.

I have just engaged Alex Eh from Urban Designs. Yet to receive the keys, awaiting 2nd appt. Renovation should begin year end. Alex Eh as being my ID is really helpful and well knowledgeable in his area of expertise. Looking forward to future meet ups with him!

After getting more than 10 quotations, we decided urban deisgn would be the best fit for our reno! There are always pros and cons to every company you are gonna select, we have to gamble.

Hi anybody has anymore reviews about Kent Tan from Urban Design? We have narrowed down to 2 IDs, one of them is Kent Tan. His quotation seems reasonable, and we find it quite meticulously done. I also found him quite a nice chap (but only over the phone, haven't met him).

However:

1. After speaking to him on the phone the first time, and then sending him more details on email including our floorplan, it took him 10 days before getting back to me. Reason was that he was overseas. I find that weird, sounds like a lame excuse. So we spoke again on the phone (since by then I had forgotten who he was, after speaking with so many IDs). He said he would do the quote by the next day, and delivered it promptly. I was impressed by his punctuality,

2. One week later, after doing our comparisons, we asked if he could meet up. Fixed a time, but 2 hours before the meeting time he asked to change the time.

Does anybody have any problems with him? Is he the kind who would need chasing after?

Thanks!

Hi SnOOpy, did you engage Kent Tan eventually? If you did, was he good? Reliable?

hello there

how are the feedbacks from those, whose house are now finally completed or had reported defects & other issues in rectifying them ?

We found them via a website's mass quote request.

ID Kent Tan (a chinese speaking malaysian) responded and followed up the enquiries until the unit is finally confirmed bought (a 4A resale)

shortlist them for the final rounds of discussions.

after reading the earlier responses, i m having mixed feelings now.

Yes, we had spoken to several other ID, recommended by friends or us cold calling for quotes. Most of them either had to be chased for quotes, or simply no reply or even one "if you find out quotes too $$$, then you can select lower quality materials or simply engage me as your ID (not via his company)

feedback & updates appreciated