Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Wow...that's bad customer service. Luckily I did not opt for them.

Cannot admit their quote is one of the lowest I received but somehow I did not engage them.

Sometimes it pays to spent a little more to minimise such issue.

Hi,

My ID is Susan.

Luckily you did not opt for them. Unless you want problem in the end.

Finally I moved in to my new house. Lots of problem here and there.

After I moved in, only I realized that my toilet bowl is not sealed up. Imagine the smell in the toilet. Guess what my ID told me, because the toilet bowl was not bought from her recommend shop, the model I bought somewhere else not able to fit into the hole. She don't even bother to tell me before the installation. She said her job only help in installation, not include others. When Im so angry and scolded her, she quoted an example to me that if you buy a TV bracket from somewhere else and cannot fit your TV model, it's the sales personnel should advise you whether suitable for your TV or not. Her job only help to install. So in the end, even though there is problem, she don't bother and just install. To me, at least she updates me on this problem and I can change to other toilet bowl model before installation. So irresponsible working attitude right?

In the end, I've to engage another plumber to solve the problem. Don't even dare to find her again. I had enough problem.

The water leakage problem was solved in the end after a very angry call to her. She keeps telling me that no leakage in the toilet, but whenever I go and check, there is dripping from the pipe. She thinks Im so free to make up something to trouble her. Insisted she visit the house together with us and show us how she check on the leakage. Then only she admit there is leakage. Will solve. This kinda process ding dong ding dong a few rounds. Imagine a few rounds, keep calling and tell her that fix here and another pipe leaking again.

I opt for handler for my kitchen cabinet door, in the end, some of the doors only can open up to 30 degree. LOLZ. I questioned her, how am I suppose to take something from the cabinet with such a small opening angle? Her answer as usual, "you opt for handler, that's the problem with handler." Again, sound like it's my choice ended up to this problem. She did not tell me this when I choose the handler in her office. I wonder how other ID film design on the handler kitchen cabinet. Maybe she's not expect at all in this field. I insisted her to do something on the door. She cannot put the blame to others like the toilet bowl already since all the kitchen cabinet is her responsibility.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_231620.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_231603.jpg

I thought they will change another tile for me, just a quick fix. Im so lazy to feedback again. So many problem that you'll just give up in the end.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_075926.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_075935.jpg

Even though the simple work like installing the storage heater also have problem. They installed and blocking all the clothes hanger, again, have to feedback and they come and redo all the installation job again.

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_075908.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo17/gohleemin/Urban%20Design/20121112_075859.jpg

All the renovation work with Urban design (susan) is quite a tiring process.

They did quote us the cheapest price among all the quotation we asked around. Then from this forum, her review not bad. Thurs, we are thinking only simple renovation work for our house, not fancy renovation request, nothing will goes wrong. But in the end, she really proved me wrong. Thurs, I think my feedback in this forum is very important to give the true scenario to others house owner like us. Consider again your choice if you wanna go to urban design (susan), unless you plan to create problem for yourself.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I heard they are not GST registered? Can someone confirm this? TIA :) One of our relatives used them for their recent reno for their 4-room flat and was recommended to us.

Edited by GennBabe1101

For those who mentioned the ID named Alex, was it Alex Eh or Alex Lee? They have two Alexes and when I went in I had no idea which to ask for and wound up talking to someone else instead. Based on the favorable mentions of Alex here I'd like to get in touch with him.

hello there

how are the feedbacks from those, whose house are now finally completed or had reported defects & other issues in rectifying them ?

We found them via a website's mass quote request.

ID Kent Tan (a chinese speaking malaysian) responded and followed up the enquiries until the unit is finally confirmed bought (a 4A resale)

shortlist them for the final rounds of discussions.

after reading the earlier responses, i m having mixed feelings now.

Yes, we had spoken to several other ID, recommended by friends or us cold calling for quotes. Most of them either had to be chased for quotes, or simply no reply or even one "if you find out quotes too $$$, then you can select lower quality materials or simply engage me as your ID (not via his company)

feedback & updates appreciated

We just got this senior interior designer from Urban Design. But constant nightmare & full of anger. Should have hired as per mention Susan or Alex. For 8 weeks now we really regretted it as we have to be there to spot the mistake even thou repetitive discussion with our own drawing passed to the designer. I just hope the reno finish within the next week. Quality was the worse ever in my sight as I happen to be in the same line. Suggestion , always ask for perspective design & check how fast this designer can response. Dun talk verbally with the designer. everything better to be listed in black & white. And also to list, full time worker in singapore & full time designer who bother to update you everyday on the progress as well as in completion dateline!! Have anyone ever seem a slanted cabinet door or worker from malaysia coming in at 11am to work for 1 months!!Just our luck. The worse thing is supposing to do step 1 first then step 2 & 3. Due to no manpower, stepb3 was done first so step 1 & 2 got into problem!! Reno delay due to redoing work!!

yes, I will also give feedback after my renovation that is to be completed in Aug 2012 to share with all you guys on my experience with urban design but of course there will be different with which ID u are dealing with.. :sport-smiley-018:

OK, my feedback but do consider the factor that I am not those who is super 'meow' type:

after renovation done since last year sept 2012, I have received a 2 yr warranty cert but I was told that it was for carpentry work only. over all my impression is:

1) carpentry work is good

2) painting work not so good

3) electrical work so so

4) after sale service is good

maybe those which need improvement are the sub contractors where the control need to be tight.

During the one year where there are some problems, they are solved fast. so no complain so far for my case. Overall satisfied with the service.

this is my impression after one year with aftersales service to make it more thorough review as aftersales svc is important too...

Edited by peterng8

hi.. anybody engage to ID Kent Tan before ?? need feedback on him and it seem a bad choice to choose this ID. anybody got contractor or gd ID to intro ??

I've used Kent Tan for my 4-room HDB flat from July to September. It was a very pleasant working relationship. He's responsible, efficient, accommodating and he honors his words.

To be frank, Urban design is pretty cheap in the market. But in order to maximise your benefit, it would be better if you could have a very clear idea of what you want in your renovation. Have plenty of magazine cut-outs, tell the designer what you want, as detailed as possible. I did that with Kent. In almost all my carpentry work, he followed exactly the dimensions I gave to him and it turned out to be great, fortunately. His carpentry work is one of the best I've seen, amongst all my friends' reno. However, be sure to ask him to use the best carpentry team; because he's got 3 teams, of variable standards. Tiling work has some tiny workmanship defects, but Kent asked the worker to redo every single tile that I didn't like. His attitude towards his work is quite admirable.

In all, seriously, I'd use him for my next house reno. But of course, I'm the kind with very strong ideas of reno style. Do some research before you engage him.

Hope that helps. Btw, I'm not an underground writer or sth. I can upload pics of my house if you wanna verify my identity.

I've used Kent Tan for my 4-room HDB flat from July to September. It was a very pleasant working relationship. He's responsible, efficient, accommodating and he honors his words.

To be frank, Urban design is pretty cheap in the market. But in order to maximise your benefit, it would be better if you could have a very clear idea of what you want in your renovation. Have plenty of magazine cut-outs, tell the designer what you want, as detailed as possible. I did that with Kent. In almost all my carpentry work, he followed exactly the dimensions I gave to him and it turned out to be great, fortunately. His carpentry work is one of the best I've seen, amongst all my friends' reno. However, be sure to ask him to use the best carpentry team; because he's got 3 teams, of variable standards. Tiling work has some tiny workmanship defects, but Kent asked the worker to redo every single tile that I didn't like. His attitude towards his work is quite admirable.

In all, seriously, I'd use him for my next house reno. But of course, I'm the kind with very strong ideas of reno style. Do some research before you engage him.

Hope that helps. Btw, I'm not an underground writer or sth. I can upload pics of my house if you wanna verify my identity.

Hi, thanks for yr feedback. would u mind send me some of yr hse photos to my PM. i would like to see the ideas u have used b4 and can choose from there too. thanks in advance.

Urban design has a group of contractors working under their umbrella, depend on your luck, some of their workmanship is questionable. The ID working on my renovation, seldom do check on them and most of the time I had to fault them myself.

When the design went wrong that need redo, my ID gave very weird response such as need to do additional things to restore, and after consulting other professional, found that what they recommend is nonsense. This was even agreed by management, very disappointed with the overall renovation work done by Urban Design.

Edited by chobo