Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bluesummerayz

My Woodlands Den Raaaawwwrrr

wah..your CRS looks good!

using chiller?

Thanks! They are so cute! At the mo, there are quite a number of casualties. Today, another 2 KO... :( They have been moved from my brother's office (stupid camp's top boss site visit and all 'nonsense' must go, that includes sofas, fridge, washing machine, fish tanks, prawn tanks) back to our temp rented place. Very stressed out (just like the owners). Hmmm I don't know using chiller or not :S but he's a pro in rearing them .. started with i think 5, end up lots.. he gave many away to his colleagues

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just dropping by and say hi!

seems like many RT ppl like to keep cats nowadays maybe i shd get one as well hee!

btw, just wanna say, if u really had bought the panton chairs which are really low,

do try to get a lower table top for ur dining table as well.

many of my 'short' frens had trouble fishing food out of the steamboat

when placed in the middle of the table or maybe they have really short hands hehe :D

Just dropping by and say hi!

seems like many RT ppl like to keep cats nowadays maybe i shd get one as well hee!

btw, just wanna say, if u really had bought the panton chairs which are really low,

do try to get a lower table top for ur dining table as well.

many of my 'short' frens had trouble fishing food out of the steamboat

when placed in the middle of the table or maybe they have really short hands hehe :D

Hi newnyew!

Thanks for popping by! wahahahaha cats are easy to care for, and can be very affectionate and manja :D Thats a funny sight at the steamboat session ! I already bought both the chairs and the table. Will have to simulate a steamboat session tomorrow when my furniture arrives. Lagi best, my short bro can role play as my short frens wahahahahhahah I am so genius :rolleyes:

Thanks! They are so cute! At the mo, there are quite a number of casualties. Today, another 2 KO... :( They have been moved from my brother's office (stupid camp's top boss site visit and all 'nonsense' must go, that includes sofas, fridge, washing machine, fish tanks, prawn tanks) back to our temp rented place. Very stressed out (just like the owners). Hmmm I don't know using chiller or not :S but he's a pro in rearing them .. started with i think 5, end up lots.. he gave many away to his colleagues

ohhh...

actually they breed quite easily....water condition ok...got shelter (eg moss, floating plants like duck weed)..they will breed liao.....

but do be careful of in-breeding which will affect their DNA..which in turn...affect their colour :)

ohhh...

actually they breed quite easily....water condition ok...got shelter (eg moss, floating plants like duck weed)..they will breed liao.....

but do be careful of in-breeding which will affect their DNA..which in turn...affect their colour :)

Hmmmmm I will be a good sis and remind my bro abt this :rolleyes:

wahaha u bad la!! take video show! hehe...

And i thought I was BAD.. someone BADDER corrupting me.. shhhhh i wont tell him otherwise he will 8| you hehehe

Hi!

Your cats are so pretty :)

I have a cat too, she says hi.

Hope your reno gets settled asap, poor maos need to come back home soon.

We fully empathize with your situation..

Best of luck!

Hi!

Your cats are so pretty :)

I have a cat too, she says hi.

Hope your reno gets settled asap, poor maos need to come back home soon.

We fully empathize with your situation..

Best of luck!

Meow Meooooooooooooooooooow Meooooooow! Hiiiii to you too and thank you for the compliments :D I will be fetching them home next wednesday, by hook or by crook! :good:

Spent the whole of sat at the flat , cleaning, scrubbing, waiting for furnitures and electrical appliances, keeping a close eye on the painter and the guys who were fixing up the storeroom door and kitchen door (more abt the reno later)

I am soooo happy that all the deliveries promised arrived today (well except for a coffee table whom Hommage boss called yesterday and told me the workers broke the glass and can only deliver end of the month). I've ordered from quite a few companies and all in all, I am satisfied with all of their service attitude and delivery times. All called a few days before to confirm (only one called on the day) Not affiliated with any of them, I like to give praise when credit is due... So thought I give them a mention for being such a trooper! :good:

Hommage

- Ordered dining table and chairs, coffee table, TV console

- Received call from them to confirm the delivery and explained to me that there will be 2 deliveries coz different suppliers

- Eric the boss called personally to inform broken coffee table, which I appreciate the personal touch. When I placed the order with him earlier, I had some concerns over the chairs scrapping the new floor tiles, and he assured me that he would instruct the factory to sand the bottom smooth and put rubber guard on them. I thought he had forgotten, but during the call, he affirmed that once more. This is called good customer service and having a heart when doing business, not just "take money and the rest don't care".

- TV console was the 1st to arrive, though there were some imperfections (inside drawer got a bit of dent, which later the worker use a marker to cover it, and also the interior 'paint' in one drawer were a little faded or something) .. but the condition is still acceptable.

- Dining table and chairs were delivered by 2 different workers who spent quite a long time assembling the white table and finally after putting the black tempered glass on top, its finished and looked so nice. There was a little discolouration on one of the table legs, but still acceptable in my standards. Chairs arrived in perfect condition.

- All in all, good experience given the fact I bought S$2k worth of items from basically catalogue shopping. Will buy from him again most definitely.

Courts

- Ordered from the Tampines branch (the one next the Ikea) and was served by this nice lady who went around with me choosing items haha I thought it was very helpful of her.

- Bought 1 office chair (they called presidential chair hahaha), a customised 1 seater sofa for the bedroom, a new series white dresser and bedside table

- I spent quite a long time choosing the fabric for the sofa, and was very pleased that she (and later another colleague) not only helped to bring the fabric swatch, but also gave suggestions and advice (e.g oh this fabric is rough, if you wear shorts and sit on you, you might not be comfortable..) I thought this was a value added service, they were not just there to close a sale, but they put their hearts to make sure I got the right stuff.

- Anyway, today only my dresser and bedside table and the office chair arrived because the sofa needs time to customise. Both came differently as well because the dresser and bedside table were from silent night and they have their own delivery guys.

- Happy with the sales staff, delivery cum installation team. Thumbs up!

Star Furniture

- This is the place which I ordered all my bed frames and mattresses.

- Went to the AMK North Star branch and was served by a very nice lady, very patient when we couldn't make up our minds about the customisation of the head boards. Actually my brother was having problem choosing his and I actually told my brother to go for his smoke break and come back later to have a fresh perspective. Eventually chose all 3 sets.

- Got her to call the supplier to throw in freebies :D

- Delivery team came within the promised time slot, very pro, and the quality is excellent.

Mondi Gallery

- Went to the Furniture Mall at Beach Road and served by Darren

- He was very attentive, spent a long time with me looking over at the fabric swatches, all in all, very good experience. Not sure if it was because I went on a weekday, but it was a smooth sales.

- I remembered walking out feeling very happy (then again, most gals would be euphoric especially spending $$)

- Ordered the Gobi sofa set and they came on time as well.

- Simply loved it!

*spam

- Called before hand and Richard answered the call. At first, he was abit grouchy but quickly warmed up during the call :D

- Got the prices for the washer and fridge I want but he told me prices are lower if I enquire at the shop in person. Something about 'can't tell you prices over the phone, its not right...'

- So I went down to their office, and the prices were really lower haha

- Ordered my fridge and washer, and the KDK fan, they only accept cash, didn't know about that, good thing ATM is around nearby.

- Experience was good overall, went on a rainy day, not many customers, in fact I only 'waited' 5 mins coz I told the guy I was looking for Richard. He came out and serve me hahaha

- I gave specific instructions on 2 delivery dates, fan first (so contractor can install it), then today will be the washer and fridge

- On the fan delivery date, my given (and they agreed) time was from 11am to 1pm (something like that), but Richard called at 9am asking if the guy could deliver it NOW coz that day there were a number of Jurong deliveries and they wanted to drop off my fan at woodlands before heading off to Jurong. Long story short, I was quite stressed out coz he was calling me, the delivery guy was calling me, and I was working in the office rushing for an urgent report.. They were early with their delivery, and yet somehow I was hounded because no workers were there to open the door. Hello? my reno workers all special breed one, don't start work so early de la...

- Today delivery was smooth, Richard called before hand at the assigned time slot, things were delivered, though I asked the guy if the washer water hose can be routed another direction, he said cannot.. basket.. after they left, I was not satisfied with the placing of the washer and I tilted the washer while my brother unclamped the bottom and re-route and hose to the opposite direction. CAN BE DONE! Having a brother is cool. :good:

Now to the renos...

Workers for today

- The painter was already there when we arrived around 9am

- 2 workers were busy fixing up the kitchen door and storeroom door

- Good attitude

Painter

- Painter is quite bo chap initially coz he just put all his gear on my new tiles without newspaper, when I asked him need newspapers, he said don't need

- Later I really cannot tahan liao, and spread the newspaper FOR HIM, and asked my brother to MOVE to stuff all onto the newspaper.. basket I need to move in next Tues, still anyhow leave paint stains on my floor, macam i so free to clean up over and over again

- Later he was more careful after I explained to him about my move and he was so shocked that my carpentry was not up yet (he thought I didn't do any)

- He left specks of paint on the laminated floor, the homogenous tiles zzz.. even bathroon tiles also have paint (thought was done by another painter some days back)

- Called ID and she said will get the painter to clean up

- Painter never clean up lor...

- Painter received call from his boss, and told to drop everything and go down to Seng Kang to paint. Apparently this customer was giving problems to everyone, and even quarreled with the assigned ID to the point the boss stepped into the picture and oversee the project . Wah.. like this also can??

- Painter said his boss will come by later to finish up the painting, esp the store room

- 7PM no one came, msged ID. Told her how can his boss pulled him out of my house to go service another client while he had not finish painting my house?? ID said the guy got problem, will make sure the painting is done tomorrow.

- Anyway, those specks of paint, and smudges on some areas which were not meant to be there... we went to buy thinner and will clean them up.. wait for them... hmmmmm dunno 'wait long long also never will happen'?

- Before we left from the place, my bro and I were washing our feet in the common toilet and were arguing about the shower head holder placement, then as we were rotating the holder, our fingers got smudged by black paint.. so gross de la... later we found out the pipes on top were paint glossy black and dripped down and landed on the holder.. zzz

Door fixers

- Isn't it strange to put a round knob on a storeroom? Thats what mine has..

- I asked the worker to change this to the lever kind, he said oh like dat ah.. can... exchange the kitchen door knob with the store room door knob

- I repeated and gestured to the indian worker and he finally got what I meant. But he said he didn't have an extra lever to fix it for me

- So I msged ID and she said will change the knob :rolleyes:

- Side track abit, my fridge is next to the storeroom and if not careful, the knob will hit into the fridge... requsted ID to install limiter on the door to restrict the degree of the door when opened (no reply from her, so maybe cannot? no time?) so we bandage the fridge up just in case something really freaky will happen.. wanna see? scroll down haha

20110625160502.jpg

20110625160523.jpg

Backsplash Guy

Oh today special appearance by the backsplash guy. Good thing I was there, because he intended to take measurements on the gap which the original tiles were exposed and just 'add on' the extra strip of tempered glass. He said coz 'very difficult to cut' and 'originally the hood was lower right? Now you changed to a slimmer one thats why the gap becomes even wider' .. what a load of BS.. I bought the same dimension of the slim hood loh.. just so I can fit that into the allowed space above the cupboard.. I insisted dimensions the same, and also told him his suggestion on the strip will make the backsplash ugly (and stupid but I held my tongue) and explained to him if he was able to cut the glass in some corners, i cannot understand what is so difficult to continue cutting the shape out again. He speechless loh, and said must check back with ID. See for yourself, the gap so big still can say 'difficult to cut' and 'cut a rectangular pc and install it...

20110625kitchenbackspla.jpg

After he left, I found out another problem due to the backsplash. My counter top is stainless steel, and there are brackets all around. The workers didn't sealed the brackets in when they were sealing the glass with silicone.. I would have thought some sense would be applied when doing this kind of work right.. ? Here's the end result:-

20110625kitchenstainles.jpg

So I msged ID and told her cannot like do this way, and she replied she will fabricate a new piece for me and also will get the worker to fix that bracket problem. :yamseng:

My ID

All in all, I feel she has redeemed herself today, and more 'on the ball' even though she never appear at the house. Don't get me wrong, she is really a nice girl, and accordingly to the painter, she was the more experienced one among the lot in Outlook. But you know how it is with renovations, you just want things to be done right, on time. I am never a picky person, little minute imperfections I can accept. Today I just spotted a chip on the homogenous tiles, but I am not going to request to change the whole freaking tile like what happened at the sengkang project. The painter said they are 'bu shi ren' and they quarrelled with their ID, demanded to change the entrance tile because of some imperfections (i dunno scratched, dented, chipped or what but painter said don't look carefully, can't tell one). In the end, they had to redo 2 slabs. He went there in one of the mornings to paint their house only to see them cleaning and washing the floors and was sent away and told to come back only in the afternoon. Today, he had to rush down to paint strips (one colour 4 inch, next colour 2 inch something like that) on the walls for them. To me, honestly, they have every right to decide what needed to be done, esp since they paid for the services in the reno and they are just trying to get what they are paid for. Nothing wrong with that. I am not as particular, glaring things yes i will stick to my guns like the (stupid) gap of the backsplash. Anyway when the painter made those comments, I held my tongue again, not going to commit suicide and argue with the painter who is painting my house right?

I really hope my ID will come through with the wardrobe installation on Monday.. otherwise I will really be disappointed in her..

Edited by Bluesummerayz

Now to the renos...

Workers for today

- The painter was already there when we arrived around 9am

- 2 workers were busy fixing up the kitchen door and storeroom door

- Good attitude

Painter

- Painter is quite bo chap initially coz he just put all his gear on my new tiles without newspaper, when I asked him need newspapers, he said don't need

- Later I really cannot tahan liao, and spread the newspaper FOR HIM, and asked my brother to MOVE to stuff all onto the newspaper.. basket I need to move in next Tues, still anyhow leave paint stains on my floor, macam i so free to clean up over and over again

- Later he was more careful after I explained to him about my move and he was so shocked that my carpentry was not up yet (he thought I didn't do any)

- He left specks of paint on the laminated floor, the homogenous tiles zzz.. even bathroon tiles also have paint (thought was done by another painter some days back)

- Called ID and she said will get the painter to clean up

- Painter never clean up lor...

- Painter received call from his boss, and told to drop everything and go down to Seng Kang to paint. Apparently this customer was giving problems to everyone, and even quarreled with the assigned ID to the point the boss stepped into the picture and oversee the project . Wah.. like this also can??

- Painter said his boss will come by later to finish up the painting, esp the store room

- 7PM no one came, msged ID. Told her how can his boss pulled him out of my house to go service another client while he had not finish painting my house?? ID said the guy got problem, will make sure the painting is done tomorrow.

- Anyway, those specks of paint, and smudges on some areas which were not meant to be there... we went to buy thinner and will clean them up.. wait for them... hmmmmm dunno 'wait long long also never will happen'?

- Before we left from the place, my bro and I were washing our feet in the common toilet and were arguing about the shower head holder placement, then as we were rotating the holder, our fingers got smudged by black paint.. so gross de la... later we found out the pipes on top were paint glossy black and dripped down and landed on the holder.. zzz

Door fixers

- Isn't it strange to put a round knob on a storeroom? Thats what mine has..

- I asked the worker to change this to the lever kind, he said oh like dat ah.. can... exchange the kitchen door knob with the store room door knob

- I repeated and gestured to the indian worker and he finally got what I meant. But he said he didn't have an extra lever to fix it for me

- So I msged ID and she said will change the knob :rolleyes:

- Side track abit, my fridge is next to the storeroom and if not careful, the knob will hit into the fridge... requsted ID to install limiter on the door to restrict the degree of the door when opened (no reply from her, so maybe cannot? no time?) so we bandage the fridge up just in case something really freaky will happen.. wanna see? scroll down haha

20110625160502.jpg

20110625160523.jpg

Backsplash Guy

Oh today special appearance by the backsplash guy. Good thing I was there, because he intended to take measurements on the gap which the original tiles were exposed and just 'add on' the extra strip of tempered glass. He said coz 'very difficult to cut' and 'originally the hood was lower right? Now you changed to a slimmer one thats why the gap becomes even wider' .. what a load of BS.. I bought the same dimension of the slim hood loh.. just so I can fit that into the allowed space above the cupboard.. I insisted dimensions the same, and also told him his suggestion on the strip will make the backsplash ugly (and stupid but I held my tongue) and explained to him if he was able to cut the glass in some corners, i cannot understand what is so difficult to continue cutting the shape out again. He speechless loh, and said must check back with ID. See for yourself, the gap so big still can say 'difficult to cut' and 'cut a rectangular pc and install it...

20110625kitchenbackspla.jpg

After he left, I found out another problem due to the backsplash. My counter top is stainless steel, and there are brackets all around. The workers didn't sealed the brackets in when they were sealing the glass with silicone.. I would have thought some sense would be applied when doing this kind of work right.. ? Here's the end result:-

20110625kitchenstainles.jpg

So I msged ID and told her cannot like do this way, and she replied she will fabricate a new piece for me and also will get the worker to fix that bracket problem. :yamseng:

My ID

All in all, I feel she has redeemed herself today, and more 'on the ball' even though she never appear at the house. Don't get me wrong, she is really a nice girl, and accordingly to the painter, she was the more experienced one among the lot in Outlook. But you know how it is with renovations, you just want things to be done right, on time. I am never a picky person, little minute imperfections I can accept. Today I just spotted a chip on the homogenous tiles, but I am not going to request to change the whole freaking tile like what happened at the sengkang project. The painter said they are 'bu shi ren' and they quarrelled with their ID, demanded to change the entrance tile because of some imperfections (i dunno scratched, dented, chipped or what but painter said don't look carefully, can't tell one). In the end, they had to redo 2 slabs. He went there in one of the mornings to paint their house only to see them cleaning and washing the floors and was sent away and told to come back only in the afternoon. Today, he had to rush down to paint strips (one colour 4 inch, next colour 2 inch something like that) on the walls for them. To me, honestly, they have every right to decide what needed to be done, esp since they paid for the services in the reno and they are just trying to get what they are paid for. Nothing wrong with that. I am not as particular, glaring things yes i will stick to my guns like the (stupid) gap of the backsplash. Anyway when the painter made those comments, I held my tongue again, not going to commit suicide and argue with the painter who is painting my house right?

I really hope my ID will come through with the wardrobe installation on Monday.. otherwise I will really be disappointed in her..

hi there Bluesummerayz!

you seriously got a Big heart accomodating those reno aches...good for ya! wish that soonest: your wardrobe can come by swee swee in its great-looking glossy shine shine white, your cat can go have a great homely rest & that the Huge ko-yio bandage can be removed fm thy fridge lor :)

hi there Bluesummerayz!

you seriously got a Big heart accomodating those reno aches...good for ya! wish that soonest: your wardrobe can come by swee swee in its great-looking glossy shine shine white, your cat can go have a great homely rest & that the Huge ko-yio bandage can be removed fm thy fridge lor :)

Hahahahaha Hi Tuasbird! And thank you for your kind words! Fingers and toes crossed, everything will be alright! One must always look on the bright side, and sometimes Big Heart must mixed with a good dose of sterness and wrath, h-e-l-l hath no fury like a woman scorned (hmmm can this be applied in this reno project? hehehe) :rolleyes:

ps: why is h-e-l-l a bad word? it actually got masked with ****

Edited by Bluesummerayz

Hi blue, been away so have been slowly catching up on the blogs here. First thoughts was - eh your reno like major leh not minor! Seems you went through some heartache, don't think you've been unreasonable. You get what you pay for but I think you may be seriously overpaying them from your account!

Best wishes on your completion - hope the final product would match your expectations. :)