Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mabaricows

Mabari House

ohhh think we got the same front loader... am so obessed with doing my laundry now becoz it's such a wonderful machine to use!! (for now ;p *fingers crossed it stays that way)

We've the same rainshower too... nice even waterflow..quite shiok

and like you, we had to think of our furkid too, the only fortunate thing is he does not scratch much...

Boy was he stressed out on the first 1.5 days of the move!!!! he was so stressed that he jumped onto the window grilles and clung onto them. for the 1st 1-2 days, we had to make sure he was not left alone! @@ thank goodness he's fine now. He's now resumed to his King of the House status >.<

ps. yr maomao has a dammmmmm cute face! i like!

Haa.. Good to hear that the washing machine works well. We actually wanted to get a European brand with a longer history of front loaders but saw that this was on sale, so much cheaper compared to Bosch, Miele, etc.. Fingers crossed and hope this washing machine lasts!

Ah, same rainshower! Where did you get it from? Good price? I hope I didn't get ripped again..

Anyways, my initial plan was to get something more interesting for the shower, did some online bidding on Amazon. Won a bid for a Hansgrohe shower panel but seller said he couldn't find a courier. Lost a bid for a Grohe Shower Arc, d@rn I still feel the pain, really wanted that. Winning bid was around 2k+, common sense told me to stop bidding. I hate common sense. :bangwall:

Glad to hear your furkid is now king of the house again. I think my maomao will also go through that stressed phase. She has only been out of the house twice to visit the vet, both times she freaked out big time. A 100% house cat. Will have to wait and see how she reacts when we move, will definitely bring along all her old belongings to make her feel at home. Fingers crossed again..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!! Reward you with my kitty who has a sleepy :P

Wah.. On the bed and under the quilt!

Good life! Happy and good looking meow you have there.. :thumbs up:

We hv some similar taste like the tiles. My theme shd b modern industrial look. Will b mainly white, black and grey. However, not many people understand our taste de.

Show you my paint selection.. Hehe..

NobleGrey.jpg

Some of our walls will be Nobel Grey and some Mosiac Grey. Ceiling will be Grey Star. Doors will be Suede. Pipes in the kitchen and common toilet to be Iguana or a darker green.

A warning, Nobel Grey is very dark.. Haha.. We like..

The oven is made in Italy, saw a sticker on it just now. Prior to that, never thought about it before, haha.. Just my opinion, but I feel that good cooks don't need preset functions :sport-smiley-004:

The Italy one is a slightly higher range than the Turkey one, which makes it a better deal.

I hope i can get such good deals at the Gain City Expo Sale this weekend. ;)

Btw, re you black cage-like looking light, the lights look **** bright. Are there any shadows cast on the wall as a result of the cage-like thingy?

Wah.. On the bed and under the quilt!

Good life! Happy and good looking meow you have there.. :thumbs up:

heh heh heh very notti this one... but very manja as well and a spoilt brat :D

The Italy one is a slightly higher range than the Turkey one, which makes it a better deal.

I hope i can get such good deals at the Gain City Expo Sale this weekend. ;)

Btw, re you black cage-like looking light, the lights look **** bright. Are there any shadows cast on the wall as a result of the cage-like thingy?

Hope you get a great deal this weekend! The sales this year seem to be pretty good, maybe people are tightening up their wallets thus causing prices to be lowered more..

The light is really bright and we have 2 of them along the kitchen, no shadows at all. Its pretty nice, wifey chose them and she feels quite smart. Haha..

heh heh heh very notti this one... but very manja as well and a spoilt brat :D

All cats seem to be brats. But so d@rn lovable..

Our MBR toilet is half done.

Tiling is done, WC installed, rainshower and carpentry for vanity top as well.

Only left, marble top, installation of basin n taps, mirror, showerscreen and glass door

Actually thats not "only", thats a lot. Haha..

Here are some pics!

Tiles, left most one is for our MBR floor(homogeneous), middle one for some walls (marble), right one for floor and shower area (marble) :)

2011-05-12_19-48-42_519.jpg

Close up of the completed tiling

2011-06-23_16-04-35_553.jpg

Shower area with rainshower and WC (0 ticks, we like :P )

2011-06-23_16-06-57_544.jpg

Will update as more things get done. Hehe.

Edited by mabaricows

Husband really likes the feel of natural stone, so we initially wanted granite. However we soon realised that our home would look like an MRT station. Not good.

Did some research on the internet and renotalk, so off we went to Soon Bee Huat. D@mn lot of tiles!

You know most people usually decide on their tiles within an hour and they go like, "WAH LAO, took so long!".

We went on our own at least 4 times, our shortest visit spanned 3 hours. One of the visits lasted from 10am to 6pm. We are not kidding, tile selection is serious business and very stressful.

Wifey initially wanted laminated wooden flooring in the bedrooms for that rustic, homely feeling.

Alas, maomao pukes. Often. Furballs that are coagulated acidic unidentifiable lumps of partially digested cat food mixed with some fur.

mao2.jpg

That cr@p would seep into our laminated floor and cause warping, not to mention the lingering smell of cat puke.

So no more laminated flooring for bedrooms, getting tiles instead.

Since granite was out of the question, we started looking at the marble section with the living room in mind and fell in love with this!

livingroom.jpg

The lady at SBH told us after we asked a few times that nobody had ever used that as flooring before. The patterns on the tiles are naturally irregular, splotches of brown, veins of white, the base color ranges from a deep emerald to light jadeite and sometimes even brown. But we like the tile leh. :sport-smiley-004:

Hubby saw a tile and gave wifey "that look". So this is going to be our MBR flooring, God help us.

mbr.jpg

Wifey wanted a hotel-like toilet for the MBR, so decided to spend a bit more on marble walls and floor.

Shower area and floor,

mbrtoiletfloor.jpg

The rest of the walls,

mbrtoiletwall.jpg\

This picture turned out bad, should've been a normal clear white.

Great updates! But maomao looks really tired....LOL..

Our MBR toilet is half done.

Tiling is done, WC installed, rainshower and carpentry for vanity top as well.

Only left, marble top, installation of basin n taps, mirror, showerscreen and glass door

Actually thats not "only", thats a lot. Haha..

Here are some pics!

Tiles, left most one is for our MBR floor(homogeneous), middle one for some walls (marble), right one for floor and shower area (marble) :)

2011-05-12_19-48-42_519.jpg

Close up of the completed tiling

2011-06-23_16-04-35_553.jpg

Shower area with rainshower and WC (0 ticks, we like :P )

2011-06-23_16-06-57_544.jpg

Will update as more things get done. Hehe.

Wow I like your toilet! Where did you get the showerhead from? Very nice :)

Wah, not bad. Look very luxurious 5-star hotel like!!

very classy design. very nice.

Nice toilet! Got the hotel feel!

Thanks everyone for the kind and generous comments. Quite reassuring.

We were initially worried that the tiles would turn out looking weird, we felt that the floor and shower area marble was quite an adventurous selection.

Great updates! But maomao looks really tired....LOL..

Wow I like your toilet! Where did you get the showerhead from? Very nice :)

Hehe, maomao was just minding her business sitting on a table, I rolled a tissue roll under her chin and she rested her head on it. I then decided to take a picture of her and she felt bitter. Funny.. Cats are very expressive, maybe next time I'll post a compilation of her different expressions.. :P

The rainshower (BauLoop) and hand shower (Bau Cosmopolitan) are from Grohe. Got them from Royal Fanco at Jalan Besar.

Our floor plan and layout, anyhow use MSpaint chop chop do one.. Hehe..

Mabarifloorpan.jpg

The slanting wall at the end of the living room was a headache, we decided to settle for a slanted tv, sometimes we might move the tv console to face the sofa.. See how la, will see when the furniture arrives..

We do have countertops and cabinets in the kitchen, just lazy to insert into the picture, its full length lor along the left side..

2 other rooms, to be furnished later.. :)

Just wanted to share this wonderful bookshelf incorporated into the living room.

Its Ben Stiller's house actually.

1-1.jpg

We so wanted something like that but couldn't find any carpenter with this kind of worksmanship in Singapore. Would probably have had to bring in someone from Indonesia. Pity lah.