Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mabaricows

Mabari House

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hihi... it was my husband who went to get the Grohe shower systems... he said it should be similar pricing to yrs. We bought another 2 grohe icon shower heads to replace the default set's, as we both loved the donut shape :)

As for the machines, we had actually wanted european washers, however, unless we bought the higher end range, they were all made in thailand. (same issue with fridges, for fridge, we ended up with a Blomberg) How I ended up with the LG was because of the 10 year motor warrenty & the direct drive motor.

anyway... yr toilets really look great! can't wait to see more :)

Haa.. Good to hear that the washing machine works well. We actually wanted to get a European brand with a longer history of front loaders but saw that this was on sale, so much cheaper compared to Bosch, Miele, etc.. Fingers crossed and hope this washing machine lasts!

Ah, same rainshower! Where did you get it from? Good price? I hope I didn't get ripped again..

Anyways, my initial plan was to get something more interesting for the shower, did some online bidding on Amazon. Won a bid for a Hansgrohe shower panel but seller said he couldn't find a courier. Lost a bid for a Grohe Shower Arc, d@rn I still feel the pain, really wanted that. Winning bid was around 2k+, common sense told me to stop bidding. I hate common sense. :bangwall:

Glad to hear your furkid is now king of the house again. I think my maomao will also go through that stressed phase. She has only been out of the house twice to visit the vet, both times she freaked out big time. A 100% house cat. Will have to wait and see how she reacts when we move, will definitely bring along all her old belongings to make her feel at home. Fingers crossed again..

Hi there! You've got a very unique direction for your place. Can't wait to see the end product.

You can try the bookshelf wallpaper to get the look you want.

MCM+Bookshelf+Wallpaper.jpg

JS

As for the machines, we had actually wanted european washers, however, unless we bought the higher end range, they were all made in thailand. (same issue with fridges, for fridge, we ended up with a Blomberg) How I ended up with the LG was because of the 10 year motor warrenty & the direct drive motor.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, what is a direct drive motor?

Sorry to ask a stupid question, what is a direct drive motor?

Hmm..

Normal front load washing machines have a motor that is connected to a belt that moves the drum, direct drive machines have different motors that are directly connected to the drum. DD machines are thus quieter and probably will last longer than normal machines.

Nice Toilet mao mao!! :P

Hahaa.. Xie xie..

We tried to make the best of it.

The WC was right smack in the middle.. Not ideal at all.. Its also SOOO tiny.. :bangwall:

Hi,

your toilet is nice, it gave a classy feel. And i like your marble selection. :)

Thank you! :)

We have seen this kind of marble (the white one) used on a building at Beach Road, looked quite bad.

Glad it turned out ok..

Hi there! You've got a very unique direction for your place. Can't wait to see the end product.

You can try the bookshelf wallpaper to get the look you want.

JS

Hey JS, we can't wait to see the end product either.. Hahaa.. Quite nervous about how things would look in the end.. Fingers crossed!

The wallpaper is really interesting, have never seen anything like that before. Wifey and I are quite amused at the idea but we probably can't have any wallpaper, walls are the old school kind of textured plastering..

hihi... it was my husband who went to get the Grohe shower systems... he said it should be similar pricing to yrs. We bought another 2 grohe icon shower heads to replace the default set's, as we both loved the donut shape :)

anyway... yr toilets really look great! can't wait to see more :)

Yeah, I noticed your hand showers, they are quite cute. Wifey doesn't like the colors though, I ended up topping up a bit and changing the hand shower to a slightly different one from the normal ones. Still looking quite normal, haha..

I hear you regarding the LG washer, its really tempting and the specs are so high for something so reasonably priced. Just had to take the plunge and give LG a try! Wish us both luck, hehe.. Your fridge sounds expensive.. Ours was chosen based purely on aesthetics.. The doors are covered with black glass and it goes with the kitchen cabinets. D@rn bimbotic.. Hahaa..

Contractors accidentally broke the wc in the toilet while trying to fix a minor leak, they had to buy another one to replace it. Felt sorry for them but heard absolutely no grumbles on their end.

Glass doors and sliding shower screen to be up tomorrow!

All thats left is for the marble people to deliver the vanity top and plumber to fix up the taps n sink after that. Can't wait! :bath:

U r so bold in tiles selection.. Nw I v headache with my rustic grey cement floor tiles.. Dunno which to choose cos got contractor said not nice...

Choose whatever you like!

In the end, its your house, not the contractor's house.. :P

8 out of 10 people think my choice of living room tile is crazy/ugly/ridiculous/stupid/etc.. but wifey and I like it, thats the most important thing isn't it? So we chose it! :lol:

Dunno if maomao n Dino can become frens or nt? Wanna hop over to see see all yr special tiles! Lol!

Can take more pics of the different completed tiles area? If u dun mind, do pm me yr quotation. Mayb I shd call Ronald too.. Tks ya!

Dunno if maomao n Dino can become frens or nt? Wanna hop over to see see all yr special tiles! Lol!

Can take more pics of the different completed tiles area? If u dun mind, do pm me yr quotation. Mayb I shd call Ronald too.. Tks ya!

Maomao is dang anti-social, don't think she'd like to be friends with anybody. Sometimes I think she doesn't even like us. Haha..

Will take more pics of completed tiling areas soon. Maybe tomorrow, will be going over in the afternoon.. :thumbs up:

Shall PM you my quote..

agree with everyone else - lovely bathroom tiles that give the luxe hotel feel. look forward to more of your updates

Hmm..

Normal front load washing machines have a motor that is connected to a belt that moves the drum, direct drive machines have different motors that are directly connected to the drum. DD machines are thus quieter and probably will last longer than normal machines.

Oh! Okay, thanks for sharing! :) I am a front-loader too, looking at Electrolux, but will see what offered there is tomorrow at the Expo Sale. Since both of u have good reviews on LG, will consider as well.

Thanks! :)

Choose whatever you like!

In the end, its your house, not the contractor's house.. :P

8 out of 10 people think my choice of living room tile is crazy/ugly/ridiculous/stupid/etc.. but wifey and I like it, thats the most important thing isn't it? So we chose it! :lol:

i actually like your tiles alot, especially the living room ones.

i guess not many people choose those because they are quite pricey.

i believe your place will turn out gorgeous and unique.

can't wait for to see it.

agree with everyone else - lovely bathroom tiles that give the luxe hotel feel. look forward to more of your updates

Thank you! Will update when I can..

The glass shower screen and door came today but I was too distracted and forgot to take pictures..

Will talk more about the distractions later..

i actually like your tiles alot, especially the living room ones.

i guess not many people choose those because they are quite pricey.

i believe your place will turn out gorgeous and unique.

can't wait for to see it.

Thanks! Glad to see someone else who likes the living room tile..

You might change your mind though after I post pictures of the living room. Haha..

But as my contractor said, every piece of tile is a piece of art by itself. :sport-smiley-004:

Oh! Okay, thanks for sharing! :) I am a front-loader too, looking at Electrolux, but will see what offered there is tomorrow at the Expo Sale. Since both of u have good reviews on LG, will consider as well.

Thanks! :)

Heeey, I didn't give any good reviews yet. I haven't even started using it. Hahaaa..

I just talked about what I knew which swayed my decision to purchase this. MIGHT not be true! Hehe.. :P