Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Renovation process is like building yr dream castle...I am glad that it's so far still v up to my satisfaction n expectation!  We hv extraordinary taste as we dare to b different!  We Gonna spend a long long time together in this castle! 

woo.. that's nice of your tiler. I don't get to choose the color of my grouting. :D

Glad you found a contractor whom u can click well and happy with ;)

The Tiler bought different colour of grouting powder to match my tiles! He will put the 2 different colour grout overnite for me to compare the next day...Thumbs up!

woo.. that's nice of your tiler. I don't get to choose the color of my grouting. :D

Glad you found a contractor whom u can click well and happy with ;)

I am rather fussy so my contractor knew it fr the start...I do felt bad abt them having to scrape out the grouting for the kitchen wall tiles though...The reason y we go for grey floor tiles r also cos we do not wan to face black stained grout in future...The tilers n contractor do understand so they r trying to accede our request!

Went shopping to see see washing machine today...I will b keeping the existing white one to wash doggie clothings n stuff n buy a new one...So my new purchase has to b white again? I am placing 2 washers side by side...Sian...Cannot have my silver one again???

th_3ccf70f5.jpg

This one says grey colour???

th_44b49be2.jpg

Any expert in choosing washing machine b4? Considering LG, panasonic n Samsung...

I think women r really fickleminded or juz me? Now I regret black n white toilet...MAYB shd b all black? Sigh...Though quite nice but but...hmmmm

Tiling mostly done but I knw some areas not enough tiles so still got to wait. So far plastering also done...I love how smooth the walls became! Now only my hubby's Fren fault for delaying the wiring...人情价so cannot complain???

Long time no come by...

Waaah..

Be careful with the floors, I have a tile that also states no acid washing.. Difficult to clean if you get stuff like grout/cement all over it.

We actually also shortlisted your MBR toilet wall tile before we finally decided on the theme and look of our place. Saw 2 versions of it in Soon Bee Huat, one from Italy and another from China.. Very nice leh.. We like the idea of going full retard and making it interesting! :notti:

Long time no come by...

Waaah..

Be careful with the floors, I have a tile that also states no acid washing.. Difficult to clean if you get stuff like grout/cement all over it.

We actually also shortlisted your MBR toilet wall tile before we finally decided on the theme and look of our place. Saw 2 versions of it in Soon Bee Huat, one from Italy and another from China.. Very nice leh.. We like the idea of going full retard and making it interesting! :notti:

Hi mabaricows! Tks for the reminder. My contractor is more worried than us n instructed the tilers to clean the tiles after laying daily. Our walls are plastered before the floor tiles were laid also.

I love the tiles but beginning to worry abt my black and white tiles....hmmmm, it's really nice but maybe juz me lor...Think too much! The workers were all complimenting them too....We also hv special taste!

I am so bored 2nite...I tot of penning down some IDs/contractor I met last few months...I am using iPad so not easy to write everything...Pls b patient.. Do not bother to guess or ask me to pm the company cos I believed everyone needs to see for yourself to set one judgement.

It's not an easy journey for my ID/contractor selection. I started sourcing in March. I stopped at 3 by May initially n planned to sign on dotted line in June but juz because of this selected one sent us in panic! Something went really wrong...Then 3 have to generate to 15 or more I think cos I was too afraid to sign!!!

I was the poor soul to meet up and ID/contractor 1st and they have to pass my test then to meet up with super busy hubby...

SHORTLISTED ID

Starting with :

THE award winning 'LIAR'

1. RXXXXX

This is the 2nd ID I met online here...I like some of the work he done n asked to meet up. 1st impression was excellent. He came promptly n gave gd ideas n claimed he understands wat I am looking for. He was SO enthusiastic over my industrial theme. He was the one I felt so right! Hence, I told him to plan my layout N arrange him to meet up with hubby...

Layout wasnt my ideal, ok nvr mind. Quotation seems reasonable n he actually brought up the tiles which he wanna proposed! Wah! Win Liao...Hubby said he is creative n told him that we will help give more ideas to the layout. ID offered to draw up 3Ds FOC before we signed cos he was so confident that he will win us over. We have to wait 2wks for that..

Very happily, I kept sending SMS to him for furniture we shortlisted n discuss over layout etc. Then, dunno he suay or wat. Facebook trouble again! I saw my sons ex teacher engaging same firm to do Reno...She had a different ID though. She was devastated. She asked me to go over n witness the mess. Build in wardrobe must hv a lobang at the side near the wall for keeping iron board? Layout was bad. She was told to use glossy tiles for kitchen wall n bathroom though she wanted country style...ID said no shop carries anymore country tiles! He only brought her to Hafary... Kitchen cabinets - she had to buy knobs from ikea to create country theme for her flat laminate doors...Wash basin was placed above WC so every time anyone stands up, they will knock on the basin...Ok, wonder many blue blacks??? The tiles were placed with wide gap cos ID said tiles need to breathe... carpentry was worst! Doors not closing properly!

I knew that my ID is one of the boss so I asked him to assist his staff to rectify the issues. I could see how sad my fren was. ID was so nice n agreed promptly. However, the back stabbing of boss and staff started. Instead of solving issues, they were fighting among themselves. Yes, some issues were resolved but I simply cannot understand. Instead of salvaging the company's reputation, they were spinning stories. No, I wasn't buying or trusting my selected ID anymore. This shows incompetent! I am worried how he is going to handle the contractors if he can't even manage his own employee...

Hubby said gave chance till we see the 3D. Nothing of my colour scheme ok! Not even my theme! Not even whatever tiles he proposed...Hey, was it even my house? Last straw, ID said 3D will never b the finishing product n stated artist impression...Sorry lor, I take it as, might not b 100% but at least 80%! Else draw 3D for fun is it???

I told ID I lose confidence in him n he now he turned the table. Became nasty n sarcastic n said must pay for 3D etc...Well, tks for showing yr true colours...Do you know that we do like u alot despite yr layout wasn't fantastic? Even tot of giving u chance...But the lies u spinned. U said same carpentry factory but different workmanship...Well, well...Sorry but I really cannot accept it...

Edited by angelbutterfly

Hubby said gave chance till we see the 3D. Nothing of my colour scheme ok! Not even my theme! Not even whatever tiles he proposed...Hey, was it even my house? Last straw, ID said 3D will never b the finishing product n stated artist impression...Sorry lor, I take it as, might not b 100% but at least 80%! Else draw 3D for fun is it???

I told ID I lose confidence in him n he now he turned the table. Became nasty n sarcastic n said must pay for 3D etc...Well, tks for showing yr true colours...Do you know that we do like u alot despite yr layout wasn't fantastic? Even tot of giving u chance...But the lies u spinned. U said same carpentry factory but different workmanship...Well, well...Sorry but I really cannot accept it...

Poor thing!

Yeah, I met an ID like that fairly early on in my search as well. At first, she seemed fairly nice and appeared eager to take on the job. But the layout plans that she came up with were just weird... to us anyway! Things were located in rather strange places and the final quote was quite a good deal above our stated budget. So, we explained to her (in detail) why we didn't like her ideas but that we were willing to still consider her as our ID if she could re-do her suggested layout for our home. That's when she turned nasty (and childish). She whined about "how much she had already done for us" (huh? really? other IDs did more - including AutoCAD designs free-of-charge - and they never complained even when we turned down their ideas), that these layouts were simply a "demonstration of what she could do" (er... if what you can do is not what I want or like, then why should I hire you, right?), and that she "didn't like to be nagged at / told what to do" (excuse me?! is this your home or my home? considering how much I'm paying you, I think I have the right to be slightly fussy about my future home!).

Sigh... Anyway, it's lucky that we learned early on that we just weren't compatible. It would have been much worse had we actually hired her to work on our home, only to suffer much more grief later on. :good:

Angelbutterfly, sorry to hear such stories esp coming from the ID you have selected. IDs always promise many things right from the start before u sign on the dotted line because they want to secure the deal. I m glad I have a good ID who is willing to endure our nagging and persistent request to redo certain things which did not meet our specification. We were also quote forgiving customers too, willing to accept only 1 draft of 3D design for kitchen and bathrooms. He couldnt give us the final draft though. The final product is what matters most!