Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Wah, nice clips.. Maybe one day i'll go get some and do some diy..

U dun need la...My pipes r all exposed so I need...Moreover need to drill holes into tile..2bathroom n kitchen clips cost me $100 Liao...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hohoho...I juz need to show 1 pics n enough to keep him shut up! They rectify it today! I am a person who believes everything is possible....

Hi, sister

I am one of the most difficult & picky customer during renovation but I didn't realise there is this problem until I checked your blog. I sieved through all my reno photographs and was quite relieved that mine is OKay!! :sport-smiley-004:

dv9y_003_uc4it.png

Edited by mae29

Hi, sister

I am one of the most difficult & picky customer during renovation but I didn't realise there is this problem until I checked your blog. I sieved through all my reno photographs and was quite relieved that mine is OKay!! :sport-smiley-004:

dv9y_2be_uc4it.png

Mae, the bending is very nice .... Bravo! Very good workmanship! I wish all my pipes r like that.

Ok...Kill or shoot me! This open net is driving me nuts!

Came today to run the fibre first so I can up my false ceiling...They hv not install the terminal box cos I wanted to hide inside my tv console..,Opennet contractors told me quite impossible as they need a clearance of 14inch? What ABC u talking abt? I ask for pictures n they said they do not have leh...

My tv console will b suspended n the usual 2piece glass flipped down in the middle...So cannot hide inside my tv console meh? They claim the subscriber cannot install the modem or watsoever...

I saw Sis Mae's one n agreed it was a great idea but anyone got hide inside the tv console pics? Help!!!

My contractor also said must clarify with carpenter n dun understand wat this open net contractor was talking abt...Ok, I believe renotalk can give me better ideas pls......

Ok, challenge me again? Google is my best friend so I hope I got my answers right!

With regards to the ABC, XYZ that the open net contractor talking about, I dunno y they need 14inch? They can tell me that they need to service the fibre in future so cannot hide inside tv console...But I found all these pics leh...Pls enlighten me!

72e943f5.jpg

19b4d966.jpg

I will give me 5 cents worth of comments.

Home-Networking.jpg

If you look at the diagram, all the opennet guy need to do is install a fibre termination box. That's his job n he can practically say bye bye to u. But I think he is giving u a very good advice as a professional. When you subscribe to fibre optic Internet connection, your Internet provider will give you the service provider ONT as show in the diagram which serve as a modem/router.

If you look at mae fibre connection, it is place flat on the ground. The othe 2 pic u show look to me that it have enuff clearance to either put the ONT horizontally or vertically.

The opennet guy is also correct, the place where u place the termination box n ONT have to be accessible. Should there be any prob to either, how are they going to troubleshoot?

Last but not least, why don't u show us ur tv console so that we can advice u accordingly.

The rest can kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Liverpool11- tks for yr comment.

I hv not done my tv console yet. I am juz wondering the height clearance of 14inch cos my tv console can't b tat height...

I think normal tv console height is abt 10-12inch only. I will write to Opennet to check instead. My tv console will b similar to the abovementioned.

I hv asked around n know that their so call service is juz a small cleaning device.

Liverpool11- tks for yr comment.

I hv not done my tv console yet. I am juz wondering the height clearance of 14inch cos my tv console can't b tat height...

I think normal tv console height is abt 10-12inch only. I will write to Opennet to check instead. My tv console will b similar to the abovementioned.

I hv asked around n know that their so call service is juz a small cleaning device.

10-12 inch seems ok to me. If your Tv console is similar to the pics above, you just need to take note to place your termination box as high as the 1st pics instead of the 2nd pic. The 2nd pic tv console might have some problem as it seems to me that it is place pretty low, the cable might bend sharply. If you understand how fibre work, its not good.

At the same time, maybe you can show the pics to the opennet guy as well. End of the day, opennet installation ppl so human. Like contractor/carpenter, all got different skill, some better some worse, the reason he need 14", maybe he belongs to the lousy category. LOL

10-12 inch seems ok to me. If your Tv console is similar to the pics above, you just need to take note to place your termination box as high as the 1st pics instead of the 2nd pic. The 2nd pic tv console might have some problem as it seems to me that it is place pretty low, the cable might bend sharply. If you understand how fibre work, its not good.

At the same time, maybe you can show the pics to the opennet guy as well. End of the day, opennet installation ppl so human. Like contractor/carpenter, all got different skill, some better some worse, the reason he need 14", maybe he belongs to the lousy category. LOL

Sister

Saw your comment in my blog on this OpenNet issue.

My cabinet to hide the cables / TP is 12" height. But the box can be removed easily.

grq4_b3f_uc4it.jpg

grq5_d6d_uc4it.jpg

This wk process - My walk in wardrobe!

Made my master bedrm smaller but wat choice do we hv? Got to juz live with it. My bedrm mainly to sleep as we spend most time in living rm...

0b67ead8.jpg

1f7219ca.jpg

Balcony windows without grills! I love it!

56760f5c.jpg

its impt those contrActor take pride in their work, n not do juz for the sake of doing. all the best to a smooth reno!

I felt that if contractor is willing to make amendments, then at least it's not so bad...

For my carpentry n painting, I negotiate with contractor tat I will choose to pay only half the amount as I dun compromise on workmanship. I told him he can choose not to install the items like doors n windows till I paid too..

My contractor is quite understanding abt it. He understands hw we felt after the pipes episodes so he agreed to my terms.

We r not trying to b difficult. It's a fair trade. I had paid 50% already. Items to b installed r quite standard. Frankly, we hv more to worry than the contractor...

Edited by angelbutterfly

I think contractor also cannot praise too much one la...Told me his workers fall sick today so no one came to do my balance partition touch up...Then told me all black glass is same colour n no different tone etc...

Ok, we shall see if HE try to solve my problems 1st...He said 2moro confirm will start work again! :unsure:

I think contractor also cannot praise too much one la...Told me his workers fall sick today so no one came to do my balance partition touch up...Then told me all black glass is same colour n no different tone etc...

Ok, we shall see if HE try to solve my problems 1st...He said 2moro confirm will start work again! :unsure:

Hi Sis, sorry to hear ur reno have a small hiccup :o wish ur contractor can solve ur problems ASAP. 加油加油 :D

I will give me 5 cents worth of comments.

Home-Networking.jpg

If you look at the diagram, all the opennet guy need to do is install a fibre termination box. That's his job n he can practically say bye bye to u. But I think he is giving u a very good advice as a professional. When you subscribe to fibre optic Internet connection, your Internet provider will give you the service provider ONT as show in the diagram which serve as a modem/router.

If you look at mae fibre connection, it is place flat on the ground. The othe 2 pic u show look to me that it have enuff clearance to either put the ONT horizontally or vertically.

The opennet guy is also correct, the place where u place the termination box n ONT have to be accessible. Should there be any prob to either, how are they going to troubleshoot?

Last but not least, why don't u show us ur tv console so that we can advice u accordingly.

The rest can kindly correct me if I am wrong.

Hi angelbutterfly,

The diagram says it all, as how the fibre network is plugged.

May I provide you the dimension of the Terminal Point and Singnet Modem. Hopefully, these measurements I(not exact) will make it easier for you with the TV Console design.

OpenNet TP - Width x Height - 3 x 6 inches. Please note, for the height, I have included the cable drop (connection).

Singnet Modem - Width x Height - 7.5 x 8 inches

My experience with OpenNet - It is always easier to deal with the contractors when they are at your place. They tend to oblige as to where you want the fibre cable to run. The only thing that they will insist, and highly not giving in to request, is not to bend the fibre optic cable.

As much as I wanted the TP to be inside the TV Console, the contractors refused to do it since the optic cable required a sharp bend. I could understand the reasoning as they (probably) want to make sure that they have installed as guided with the guidelines.