Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ur kitchen doing yellow glass backing? is it standard yellow by the cataloge or u can choose the yellow u want?

The yellow can b chosen cos the tempered glass is spray painted. We r following my ID 3D colours n design so will b the same striking lemon yellow!

The REVEAL

1st Draft!

be5fa41f.jpg

2nd draft

fdf89e58.jpg

Furniture is similar to 3D...Colour tone also same...

So which one will I choose??? :dancingqueen:

If i'm more towards industrial theme, i would choose the 2nd one, but the second one felt a little too dark. So i will choose the first. I prefer brighter living area. :)

2nd draft

fdf89e58.jpg

I prefer this one - the second draft. I like the effect upon the TV. And, I will have the whole of the TV Console with the same laminate. :)

Who can share wat is the procedure for painting? My contractor too kiang-told me after sealer the 1st coat can up the carpentry???

Oh pls...then hw to paint if got so much carpentry??? Also no need to paint the carpentry areas anymore? How abt door frames, pipes n main door?

I am so fuming mad nw!!!

Thank god, I outsource my carpentry!!!

Angel, sorry t hear this.... but I think I remember during my reno, seeing the kitchen wall quite raw state before my kitchen cabinets were up. :bangwall:

At that point, I didn't question them. I remember that there was only one request from me - the wall behind the built-in oven and the dish waher, i insisted they use existing laminate wood to cover those ugly walls. The carpenter said it wasn't their practice to do it.... since the oven would have blocked the ugly wall. My wife insisted cover with laminate wood...... so no sure exactly what is the common practice about these "hidden walls"? Paint or not? :paint:

For all other areas, i think at least 3 coats..... :rolleyes:

What I angry was he said normally only 1 coat so can up carpentry? How abt the ceiling then?

I only asked him, how is he going to touch up the carpentry areas once its up? Then paint the ceiling after he wash up the flooring? N what happens if the paint drips on my carpentry???

Does all this sound logic?

I paid $2k for gd painting with gd paint n obviously I hv expectations! Somehow, they really think women r dumb?

1st he said, oh, I will wash up after painting then u up yr carpentry..Then now told me, u up yr carpentry n then I will paint after that for 2nd-3rd coat only. Best part, he said, I can also paint 3coats b4 yr carpentry n if touch up will consider 4th coat so u hv to pay again!!!

I try to upload pics on photobucket but failed...

So far, I won't say this contractor is bad or penalised him for hiccups but pls la, tell me logic n reasonable explanation which I can accept!!!

What I angry was he said normally only 1 coat so can up carpentry? How abt the ceiling then?

I only asked him, how is he going to touch up the carpentry areas once its up? Then paint the ceiling after he wash up the flooring? N what happens if the paint drips on my carpentry???

Does all this sound logic?

I paid $2k for gd painting with gd paint n obviously I hv expectations! Somehow, they really think women r dumb?

1st he said, oh, I will wash up after painting then u up yr carpentry..Then now told me, u up yr carpentry n then I will paint after that for 2nd-3rd coat only. Best part, he said, I can also paint 3coats b4 yr carpentry n if touch up will consider 4th coat so u hv to pay again!!!

I try to upload pics on photobucket but failed...

So far, I won't say this contractor is bad or penalised him for hiccups but pls la, tell me logic n reasonable explanation which I can accept!!!

Hi angelbutterfly,

i seriously think that the contractor is trying to smoke you. The standard practice should be after the coats of paint throughout the whole house, THEN put up carpentry. And after carpentry do touch ups. That's what my contractor told me, as well as my father. Further to that, you paid him 2k for the painting and materials, and he is trying to scrimp on the paint used? Anyway, not that he can scrimp a lot with those few areas. Just insist and make him do it for you, no matter what.

Hi angelbutterfly,

i seriously think that the contractor is trying to smoke you. The standard practice should be after the coats of paint throughout the whole house, THEN put up carpentry. And after carpentry do touch ups. That's what my contractor told me, as well as my father. Further to that, you paid him 2k for the painting and materials, and he is trying to scrimp on the paint used? Anyway, not that he can scrimp a lot with those few areas. Just insist and make him do it for you, no matter what.

Tks Mingzhu for coming in to help me answer.

I nvr smoke yet the contractor wanna me inhale second hand smoke n die faster....Well, he said to repaint again till I SATISFIED! I dun care what he talking about the 4th coat - as touch up must pay blah blah blah...I gonna make him paint 3coats and up my carpentry. I shall see how 'dirty' that need to paint a 4coat? I personally felt that touch up NOT considered 4th coat right?

How about the door frames and pipes? when do they paint?

This contractor is those really typical uncle. Wanna say this and that till I must really give him a piece of mind, then he will rectify. Else he will talk and talk so many reasons but still do for me. Juz like to waste my breath nia.

Carpentry - I outsource and I dun understand y chew interior design has such bad reviews. I saw this carpenter workmanship and I love it. The chew interior design also quite nice. In actual fact, I viewed 2 vacant flats which they juz put up the carpentry with my hubby, we had ample time to inspect the workmanship alone since no eyes staring at us. I am keeping my fingers crossed and will update the outcome. The quote is a few k different from my contractor too.

Just to share, my place only did 1 coat of paint, then up carpentry then paint the 2nd and 3rd coat. Well, so I don't think he is trying to smoke you, just different way of getting things done.

It really depends, some paint when you touch up, it will show up in patches, I am pretty sure you won't want to see those patches. So they gotta paint the whole wall for some cases.

Actually I am quite a practical person, those area behind carpentry should in the near future I want to take it out and redo, confirm also need to repaint etc.

Last but not least, the painter should do whatever necessary to protect the carpentry during the 2nd/3rd coat of paint.

When I saw your issues with painting, I asked my ID what's her practice.. This is her answer: Do the initial coating, after do 2nd coating. Carpentry will come in and then the last layer of paint will be applied over the walls. I tink the common practice is either do 1st 2 coatings den carpentry followed by last coat OR do 1st coating den carpentry followed by last 2 coatings.. But if you still prefer to paint all the layers den up carpentry, I tink your contractor must follow your wishes, after all you are his client and paymaster for the project. Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.. ;)

Edited by adrielx

hi angelbutterfly,

Your living hall is sooo cool! :dribble:

Can i ask how much do you pay for the feature wall? i love the feature wall that covers the whole wall of yours.

hi angelbutterfly,

Your living hall is sooo cool! :dribble:

Can i ask how much do you pay for the feature wall? i love the feature wall that covers the whole wall of yours.

Tks for the kind compliments! As my carpenter is direct from factory source, I got it at $2.5k with the feature wall, the dark beam n tv console - all measure abt 8-10ft long. Initially 10 feet but as I do not wan joining for the laminate for feature wall, I might go for 8ft instead.

I had received alot of pm for my carpenter prices n contact but pls understand that I preferred to share only when I completed my carpentry or u come n view the workmanship 1st. I believe quality is most important factor.

I do not know what is the market price for carpentry either but I got 3quotations and they r similar. My carpenter is not the cheapest but I believe that workmanship n service attitude is an important issue for me. Hence, I am still acceptable with the total carpentry cost.

My 14k carpentry consists :

I am using 1.2mm white glossy laminate and internal grey PVC. All doors come with ABS trimmings. Some special what metal for my long suspended study table for good support...

1. Tv feature wall, beam n tv console (8-10ft)

2. Full height with black mirror shoe cabinet (6ft)

3. 2 sets suspended study table (8ft each)

4. 2 sets sliding wardrobe with aluminum frames (5ft each)

5. 2 sets toilet vanity with mirror doors ( 1 ft each)

6. Dry Kitchen top & bottom cabinet with tall ladder unit (13ft)

7. Wet kitchen top dish drainer cabinets (5ft)

8. Relaminate main door