Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
swiper

Dinner @ Balcony?

Due to space constraint, I'm thinking of putting my dinning table @ my balcony. Is it bad idea from feng shui point of view?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not sure of fengshui. I'm thinking of doing the same as you. How are you going to block the sun and rain?

maybe install balcony blinds to block the water. my balcony is clear from east and west sun.

But would the balcony gets hot at certain time of the day? :unsure:

I changed the idea of hanging a swing chair in my balcony, and moved it into my hall instead as I reckon it would be more comfortable.

maybe install balcony blinds to block the water. my balcony is clear from east and west sun.

i've considered that too so i spent whole afternoon at my new place yesterday (yesterday was hot hot hot) and see whether i can survive the heat. surprisingly the balcony is very windy and the heat is bearable.

Remind me of the hotel's balcony. Having meals there is shiok.

Also the tree men and cave men. They had no choices, but you have.

Also think of picnic, making love in the wild......

Conclusion: Occassionary brings spark to life, long term no good causes confusion to life. Light, rain, wind issues.

ok?

Due to space constraint, I'm thinking of putting my dinning table @ my balcony. Is it bad idea from feng shui point of view?

Edited by godloveyou

Whahaha.. talking abt "making love in the wild"..

my WTB actually wanted a stand-alone bathtub in the balcony! LOL.. :bath:

Remind me of the hotel's balcony. Having meals there is shiok.

Also the tree men and cave men. They had no choices, but you have.

Also think of picnic, making love in the wild......

Conclusion: Occassionary brings spark to life, long term no good causes confusion to life. Light, rain, wind issues.

ok?

Edited by stardust205

Whahaha.. talking abt "making love in the wild"..

my WTB actually wanted a stand-alone bathtub in the balcony! LOL.. :bath:

If you have enough plants and bushes to screen off, why notzzzz.....add a small breakfast table.....hmmm not bad idea if your place is windy. You do it all white lor, won't be hot by evening

godloveyou has addressed the issue, hard to understand? Let me make it plain.

Tree men & Cave men had little "control" over the environments. No electricity, no bulb, no fan, no properly water supply. Sometime rain, sun, animals,insects, wild wind.....

FS deals with "control". If desired things are made/arranged in a "controllable" or "flavourable" towards the owner manner, then it is a good fs setting.

Dinning place needs proper ambience to allow food to go into stamach smoothly and sweetly: lighting, temperature, wind flow, humidity....if these elements are within "control", then it is a good place, esp for home.

Can imagine eatiing half way,

- Got insects?

- Sudden gust of wind?

- Sudden "water" from the sky?

- Hot, cold, stuffy?

- Rocky flooring, 3-leg table, soup "overflow"? Wet here wet there?

Life needs excitment once a while to make heart pump faster, too much excitment results in weak heart. Call home by lord sooner.

Edited by bepgof

In term of FS,

cannot comment much until ur place is audited.

its the same as today u ask in term of FS, is it bad to place the dining table in the toilet?

FS depends on location according to auditing.

In terms of practicality,

U might want to reconsider your options.

Imagine today if an FSM tells u that it is very good to put ur dining table in the toilet,

will u do that?

Hope this helps.

Imagine today if an FSM tells u that it is very good to put ur dining table in the toilet,

will u do that?

Hope this helps.

Only fsm does not want his rice bowl would suggest this. No imagination needed.

Simply: that goes without saying.

Hi,

Perfectly fine. FS has very little to do with where you put your dining table.

Where you eat is not going to affect your fortune.

The FS of your house is largely determined by the external forms outside your house ie water, mountains and in lieu of either, roads and surrounding tall buildings.

Cheers my friend

Whoa, if your balcony is large enough to accomodate your dining furnishings, then by all means, go ahead to have ur meals there...

Nothing beats enjoying a breezy meal while overlooking some nice scenary. Aids your digestion too! :thumbs up: