Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Pd Door Review

Hi ayukie, have u considered the kind of bi fold that hdb gave in the kitchen and those quality seems better.

eh but i want a bathroom door that doesnt looks like a bathroom door (complicated?) as in u know u build feature wall to hide the **** bomb shelther door and the doors that hdb (i paid for) comes with doesnt look like bathroom door but the size is too big but i also dun1 a door that looks like bathroom door .. u know what i mean?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HDB also give 2 big timber door... I cant even open my door fully due to space constraint...

That is why i was thinking changing to PD door...

but after listening to so many negative feedback... I am holding back...

Any others got other option for bathroom door beside bi-fold and pd door??

Sliding door, create the most space, i did 1 for my common toilet

But my door really really big haha if slide i dun have that much wall space also haa .. big dilemae sia ..

Hi West, is there any pic to share for ur sliding door? Izzit 2 thread slide?

I want to see if it is nice...

And i wonder if i have the space to slide it to the wall...

Hi West, is there any pic to share for ur sliding door? Izzit 2 thread slide?

I want to see if it is nice...

And i wonder if i have the space to slide it to the wall...

here you go

IMG_1839.jpg

it is the one in the middle, previously the ugly wooden door from hdb, i did it to match the other doors in my house

Hi West, did u remove the previous door frame?? If i remove the timber door, do i need to remove the door frame to install the slide door?

Hi West, did u remove the previous door frame?? If i remove the timber door, do i need to remove the door frame to install the slide door?

nope

we just removed the wooden door

the frame was left behind and they painted over it

unless you are prepared to redo the flooring/tiles as the frame goes right into the floor.

the sliding door is just built on the outside wall of the toilet with the track running above

After my reno completed I hated the swing/slide door so much I told my contractor to remove it and install a wooden bi-fold with frosted glass. Now my friend, who also completed his reno is very very tempted to do the same thing.

The door was from swingslide.com.sg, although my contractor called it a pd-door but the sticker was swingslide.com.sg. They advertise on the website that the door is silent, that's a joke as I hated it because of the loud noises it made, was afraid the whole house would wake up a night whenever somebody would visit the toillet

Edited by pbr

Hi PBR, U mentioned about ur door is now wooden frosted glass bi-fold.

Do u have a pic to share? Cos I dunno what type of door is that... if pddoor is so lousy, i need to look for other option. Thanks.

Hi PBR, U mentioned about ur door is now wooden frosted glass bi-fold.

Do u have a pic to share? Cos I dunno what type of door is that... if pddoor is so lousy, i need to look for other option. Thanks.

Something like this, we didn't get it from yong fang but from the door king in the end but it looks the same.

dscf0061.jpg

Something like this, we didn't get it from yong fang but from the door king in the end but it looks the same.

dscf0061.jpg

Thanks for the pic... Where is door king??? Is the door durable?? And there is no bottom thread rite??

Thanks for the pic... Where is door king??? Is the door durable?? And there is no bottom thread rite??

Indeed, the door hangs from the top rail. It moves pretty smoothly and silently.. Durable is the question. But to be honest, the plastic slide/swing mechanism is very likely to be less durable then the wooden door. Of course, wood may rot after 10-20 years but in my case the shower I am not showering next to door and have a glass shower screen so I think the durability will be much better then the PD door design. A little bit of maintenance/varnishing from time to time and it would last a lifetime ;)

http://doorking.com.sg