Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JonsMom

Dream House For Jk + J @ Macpherson

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yeah!! :yamseng:

When we first time saw the house, we couldn't beleive that's already 15yrs old renovation. The house owner kept very good maintenance. We like the house and we're lucky that the seller family are very nice persons, they cleaned the house after moved out. I couldn't find the photos I took after keys collection. Some photos taken after we signed the OTP.

Entrance ceiling

IMG_1435_1.jpg

Study area (previous owner used it as dinning area)

studyarea.jpg

Kitchen

Kitchen_1.jpg

IMG_1452_1.jpg

Common toilet

CommonToilet_1.jpg

After a long period of sourcing IDs/contractors, we took some of their advices, especially from our ID. To save cost, we didn't want to do the ceiling, but many IDs and contractors said the old ceiling design is out-dated. Most of the quotations quote us a feature wall is about $1.5K to $1.8k, we found it very expensive, so we dropped out the idea of getting a feature wall **** room. In our 3D drawings, you can see we have feature wall, but it costs about half less. We like our ID's idea of not using laminate but wallpaper (easier to change in the furture).

3D Drawings

Dinning Area (near entrance)

dining_1.jpg

Living Room

livingroom2_1.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen2_1.jpg

MBR Toilet

mastertoilet2_1.jpg

Floorplan & layout

layout_1.jpg

Congrats on having almost exactly the same layout as us! I'm not kidding... :rolleyes: The only difference is that the windows in your master bedroom are in a more sensible location. :good:

Hi potatoes, thanks for visiting! I agreed with you, selecting the person-in-charge is more important than selecting the ID company. Our ID is very hard working person, but also has many jobs on hand. So we try to do our own sourcing except tiles selection as tiles are provided by him. Other things we got to pay our own, we source ourselves. We saw some IDs bringing their clients to shop lightings, WC, basins... but those shops we found very expensive. For example, a 2x13w downlight in a shop @Balestier selling $28, we bought $18 and this price may not the cheapest. Our ID helped us found a bathtub from his usual shop Lucky K****$350, and this is for contractor's price. Shop's price is $389 (not include the drainer). But we found one selling @ $290, same brand same model with drainer. I'm not saying my ID earns the commission, but we prefer to do our own sourcing to find a cheaper one as we also have tight budget.

I've just visited your t-blog, we started the reno on the same day 18/7. ;) But it seems your EM has already done a lot! Mine basically just the 2 toilets, ceiling, electrical works and air-con piping.

Your ID seems going to do a lot of things for you, how do you keep it at your tight budget? We already exceeded our budget (30k)by 10%, and also paid 33k COV. :(

May I ask you how to PM and post photos? I want to upload my floorplan and some photos to update our reno journey. Thanks in advance!

Hi JonsMom, i'm also looking for a cheap bathtub...can pm me where u got yours from? Thks!

nice layout!! love your 3Ds too in white, black and grey! i agree the old cornices are not so nice! at first my contractor wanna include the toilet for me inside the reno price but i insist on taking it out as i wan to find my own toilet bowl!

all the best for your reno!!

Hi joyousonline, visited your t-blog b4, very very nice Lovenest! Seems you and your hubby have well planned on your renovation! ;)

WC, basins and sinks, all these fittings got different designs and prices. It's better for customers to choose their own.

Saw your kitchen top, we also picked Indian Black Galaxy, hope it's as nice as yours. :) When are you moving in? We booked movers next Tue, hope our ID could solve all the big n small problems this week. We know he's working hard, a very responsible person. We glad that we chose him to do our dream house.

Your floor layout is very nice! Squarish!

The 3D designs are very attractive. I got a feeling it's going to cost a bomb especially but how come you mention that it's costing you half less? Some design changes?

Are you going to take the granite top from the same supplier as Joyousonline or from your contractor?

Hi joyousonline, visited your t-blog b4, very very nice Lovenest! Seems you and your hubby have well planned on your renovation! ;)

WC, basins and sinks, all these fittings got different designs and prices. It's better for customers to choose their own.

Saw your kitchen top, we also picked Indian Black Galaxy, hope it's as nice as yours. :) When are you moving in? We booked movers next Tue, hope our ID could solve all the big n small problems this week. We know he's working hard, a very responsible person. We glad that we chose him to do our dream house.

Hi JonsMom,

Thanks for the compliment! Not really well planned. We dun hv ID. Just hope everything turns out nice. Ya i love the Indian Black Galaxy granite top! Can see the sparkles inside! We will be moving in on sept 7. Thus hope can handover by early next week so that we can start cleaning.

Wow your reno is quite fast! Great to hear of your good reno experience with your ID. Hope your reno can finish soon too!! Looking forward to see your furnished place!!

Your floor layout is very nice! Squarish!

The 3D designs are very attractive. I got a feeling it's going to cost a bomb especially but how come you mention that it's costing you half less? Some design changes?

Are you going to take the granite top from the same supplier as Joyousonline or from your contractor?

Hi gnipihz,

Thank you! We got various quotes on feature wall (laminate finish) upto $1.8k (expensive ID); our ID suggested to use partition/box-up with wallpaper (Length: 9ft) and we provide our own wallpaper. He said wallpaper has more designs and easier to change if we like in the future. This helps us save up about half of the price on feature wall. We like the way he helps us save some cost but keep to our requirements. Yesterday he suggested to get his supplier to box up the kitchen stainless steel water pipe FOC (not in contract). :sport-smiley-004:

Her supplier approached us, the offer is attractive. However, the granite top is on the contract we signed and our ID lastly offered us to upgrade to Indian Black Galaxy, how can I ask for more??!! When I talked about my renovation with my boss, he said his contractor ran away after the last 2nd payment. He still have 2 doors left unpainted for many years. He said getting a good and reliable ID/contractor is a blessing. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi JonsMom,

Thanks for the compliment! Not really well planned. We dun hv ID. Just hope everything turns out nice. Ya i love the Indian Black Galaxy granite top! Can see the sparkles inside! We will be moving in on sept 7. Thus hope can handover by early next week so that we can start cleaning.

Wow your reno is quite fast! Great to hear of your good reno experience with your ID. Hope your reno can finish soon too!! Looking forward to see your furnished place!!

Good choice of granite! :yamseng:

Yes, it's considered fast, about 5.5weeks. And we have some delays on electrical works as we wanted to source outside if got cheaper one. :dunno: But we checked with 2 more (recommended in Renotalk), still about the same. So we let the electrician introduced by our ID to do, at least he can coordinate the workers. And in case of hiccups (there're some minors), our ID would talk to the boss. :dancingqueen:

You'll have about 1 week time for cleaning, that should be more than enough. We asked our ID to hand over to us this Friday. So we'll have 3 days to clean up.