Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Simontsh

Another Flat At Segar Meadows Hdb 4Rm 93Sqm - Very Very Very Last Minute Reno

Just curious, I see that all your water pipes are enclosed in the walls? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HDB only allow for external water pipes and not those that are hidden?

And also, did you ask the contractor to use putty to cover up and smoothen all the gaps and holes of the electrical trunking? It can prevent insects from craling in and also look very nice!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thank you for ur pm.

May I ask, where did u purchase ur aircon? From your contact or from a store?

Hi picnik me getting non inverter aircon which is very rare in stores. So asked him to source for me

Just curious, I see that all your water pipes are enclosed in the walls? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't HDB only allow for external water pipes and not those that are hidden?

And also, did you ask the contractor to use putty to cover up and smoothen all the gaps and holes of the electrical trunking? It can prevent insects from craling in and also look very nice!

You mean for the toilets? All built by HDB. So i guess they can decide to be conceales or not?

Will check on the electricals

I see, cause I heard from my relatives who are renovating their resale flat now that the water pipes cannot be concealed. Abit confused though.

i think resale got such rules.....but BTO the pipes all done by HDB so no issues. perhaps if i want to add any pipes then cannot conceal ba :dunno:

i think resale got such rules.....but BTO the pipes all done by HDB so no issues. perhaps if i want to add any pipes then cannot conceal ba :dunno:

So you mean that if we renovate our new house, we cannot do conceal piping?

So you mean that if we renovate our new house, we cannot do conceal piping?

yeah i think if you take BTO, there's a clause cannot hack toilet/kitchen for 3 years or something.

toilet doors also up. are such bifolds normal? how to see if its good quality?

photo4jbe.jpg

photo3am.jpg

mirrors also partially up. however the one in MBR needs some tuning. the reflection not nice :furious:

photo2ow.jpg

photo1txk.jpg

also wondering if should add one more door of mirror :/

Edited by Simontsh

ID also need the boxup in the 2 rooms. then the aircon guy fast hand fast leg, installed all the blowers. intending to test and make payment this saturday

photo4p.jpg

the aircon in MBR (above) is the highest it can go already...because above it is actually a beam that cannot hack one anywhere else will result in trunkings. :bangwall: thinking how to utilise the space above it. any suggestions?

photo3sa.jpg

the one in living room looks very huge though

photo2orm.jpg

photo1ew.jpg

these 2 are in the rooms. boxup by ID.

Edited by Simontsh

I have asked about the bi-fold and PD doors if they are good. My contractor told me that as long you need to slide the doors, the material won't last long. Unlike push-in/out normal/glass doors, if malfunction, you only need to change two hinges which will cost lesser in future.

Edited by ayazumi

I have asked about the bi-fold and PD doors if they are good. My contractor told me that as long you need to slide the doors, the material won't last long. Unlike push-in/out normal/glass doors, if malfunction, you only need to change two hinges which will cost lesser in future.

yeah i think the same too.....but cost and practical wise....its the only solution.

the hdb toilets are too small for swing doors....

finally some updates

this week went very slow to the point i had to make some noise. ID say will try to handover by saturday but i seriously doubt possible.

photo1oo.jpg

solid top is up along with the LED strip. take note this is the light from strip alone. I think its fixed too deep into the carpentry thus not as bright as it should be. not fully completed yet though. so will talk to ID to see if can change abit.

but as it is, the light switch on liao....more than enough for one to see and move around in kitchen. (grab drink etc)

photo2du.jpg

photo3rc.jpg

these are the strips in living room. now got the problem. the portion dangling in mid air one.....not suppose to be this way. thinking how to resolve. those wondering if bright enough.....i can say if you put colour that is close to white....it is bright enough to see the whole living room, watch tv etc. but for reading.....dun even think about it. spoil your eyes only.

my wife thinks at full white, dun even need to switch on any other lights. enough for daily use :dunno:

initially tot cove lights switch on for fun. downlights will be daily usage. now machiam is the other way round :bangwall:

I will try to take more photos of other colours for you guys to see. I believe sharing is caring :dribble:

photo4ei.jpg

this is the LED light bought from chelsea lighting at foyer. enough to light up foyer.

iphone cannot capture very nicely the lights.....picture looks abit darker than real thing.

Edited by Simontsh

went up today to settle plumbing works.

more lights up already

photo2czz.jpg

this one is LED strip at curtain pelmet. all other lights off. dunno downlights for wad use already :rolleyes:

photo1ou.jpg

this is the downlights at dining area. with 2 spot lights for the wall. the 2 spots are LED....wun heat up.

Edited by Simontsh

toilets LED strips also up.

common toilet one here

photo5fk.jpg

photo3yuy.jpg

photo2qw.jpg

photo1qew.jpg

all these taken with the LEDs lighted only. as you can see.....more than bright enough :sport-smiley-004: lucky the one on the aircon trunking turn out quite well. had a hard time trying to capture the actual lighting tho with iphone.

photo4bq.jpg

this is the master toilet. didn't play too much with it. but basically....also enough.