Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Simontsh

Another Flat At Segar Meadows Hdb 4Rm 93Sqm - Very Very Very Last Minute Reno

Decided to start a blog to keep as reminder for future.

Basically this is a story of a reno that has not started due to procrastination.

We took the keys on 27th May. Did only like research on reno because initially, was under impression that we will be using the contacts of FIL (ex-contractor) for reno. (But till date still no contact). Meanwhile I have been lurking in renotalk looking around for the different IDs.

In June, met up a few contractors/IDs. But didn't feel comfortable with the way they offered their packages. its either yes yes yes to everything you request, then give a very big quote. Or better to do this, dun do this. dun need this (for e.g. a contractor said not practical to install soft-closing hinge. because u wun slam ur own furniture anyway...or keep saying the common toilet very small....no point to fit in shower screen + vanity etc etc.) Anyway during viewing with contractors, discover cracks in walls (all rooms + living room). Toilet tile cracked too (all 4 corners around the window). So handed keys back to BCA while they repair.

1week plus later BCA said flat repaired. So took back keys. Went to check flat. To horror, toilet tile cracked again. the tiles around the 4 corners of the window were replaced already but 1 corner still got cracks :/ Then closer inspection of the walls.....hairline cracks found at main door area + service yard area. so call BCA again, send key get them to repair.

but in july, dunno why procrastinate again. nothing moved. around end of first week, took back keys. but didn't inspect cause was busy that day. said will inspect soon.

the soon very fast become 3 weeks past. end july liao. (partly due to an exam I was taking plus SO was traveling I guess)

National day week nothing done again. holiday mood.

So come to last saturday, i buay tahan the inactivity, just took up an appointment with "tian" creation and went to Ubi showroom. Quite impressed with their certification. But in mind also start to think must be a bomb on the wallet to do reno with them. (I tried to start thread to get feedback on them in the reno firm forum, but the thread till now not approved. I dunno why.)

Sat down and discussed with their designer.

A rough quote for the following :

kitchen cabinets

service yard windows

grills + curtains for all windows

doors for all rooms and toilets and kitchen

Living room (false ceiling + shoe cabinet + tv feature wall + light deco for kitchen wall)

MBR ( wardrobe + false ceiling + tv console)

wardrobe for 2 other rooms

mirror, vanity and shower screen for both toilets

the estimated is between 30-40k

Much higher than our budget but in mind, I was thinking they probably have one of the fastest completion period. and we really dun have time to coordinate too much anyway. might as well past to such IDs to settle better than all talk no action. But dunno the reliability of this ID. so still waiting to get feedback on them. I very scared ID before sign contract promise the sky, but sign contract liao dump client to dunnowhere kind of scenario.

Anyway, they will revise and give a complete quote, and suppose to meet on Wednesday.

And meanwhile my SO see the price, start to sweat, pressure FIL for contacts. suppose to give today. We're still waiting :/ On my own, I also look at alternatives. Read about Ah Wei the carpentor on facebook. plus a few other t-blogs.

Another ID I must commend is Alvin from Pavillion Creation. Since may till now....he has really been following up, checking if my house start reno, request me to meet up to discuss on the reno and whether he can propose something for me. I've invited him to meet this Saturday as well.

For those wondering which floorplan

11julbtobpfur2.gif

this is the one. standard pigeon hole

Sigh, dunno when reno will start :/

Edited by Simontsh

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

btw i'll try to update on items bought

but one thing i want to confirm, issit a taboo here to list item price and location bought from?

because when i read the t-blog, sometimes got item got shop no price. or got item no price no shop. got item got price no shop.

why ar? cannot give full info here issit due to some legalities? personally i read some blogs, jin pek chek see item but dunno where to get kind of scenario then have to ask here ask there

Edited by Simontsh

congrats on your new flat!!

well i think the format is not standardised. it's up to the blog starter's preferences whether to reveal the pricing and details too. if not, you can always PM them for advice and prices.

Welcome to renotalk. Revealing of price is due to personal preference. However I believe if it is not sensitive, prices and location of the shop shld be reveal in the blog as it'll be beneficial to others. juz my 2cents.

Hey thx for the welcome! :drunk:

ok....glad its just personal reference.

So far items already bought/ordered

from courts (tio carrot chop first time, dun think i will ever go back though)

- sofa is lorenzo contessa 3 seater HL

ip022218.jpg

$1899

- Sweet Dream Royal Elegance Queen Sized + Bed Frame with storage + hydraulic lift system $3k+

as the items on courts are on order, we placed $500 deposit only. so maybe will change. not sure yet. the pricing also subject to the latest pricing when we request for delivery

from picket and rail, we already placed order for a Davis 5-PC solid wood dining set. spent $500. the delivery date is 31st august....but need to change definitely :bleah:

From OG sales promote, bought a $50 chrome trolley with castor wheels.

Also got a BNIB LG LE5300 from another garage forum.

After comparing pricing....we decided to get all our fridge + washing machine + tv + whatever appliances needed from shops like GAB, Everjoint etc etc in future.

Edited by Simontsh

because when i read the t-blog, sometimes got item got shop no price. or got item no price no shop. got item got price no shop.

why ar? cannot give full info here issit due to some legalities? personally i read some blogs, jin pek chek see item but dunno where to get kind of scenario then have to ask here ask there

Welcome! I think it really depends on personal preference whether to reveal price or not. In some cases, it is because some items are gotten cheaply as a one-off (eg. project overruns or display piece or slight defect) or at a good discount (Eg. staff discount), hence prices are not revealed so as not to put the sales person or the T-blog owner in a difficult position.

If you want to know the price, definitely can PM the blog owner. Most will be willing to share this way. :)

Edited by strikingreality

ok noted! :)

btw "tian" creation tio banned from here ar? seems like other people start thread in the renovation firm forum very fast......my thread haven appear :bangwall:

then the company name tio auto censor one!?!??! huai lydat?!?!?

Edited by Simontsh

pm me the name? i cannot see was XXXX

sorry resent....

i also dunno why this ID s k y c r e a t i o n

gets censored....

want to ask for feedback also difficult :bangwall:

sorry resent....

i also dunno why this ID s k y c r e a t i o n

gets censored....

want to ask for feedback also difficult :bangwall:

oh.. seem xpensive.. but others see first

Is this package ok?

quoteh.jpg

wow..quite ex. for eg. painting shld be around $1.2, wardrobe with casement doors are cheaper (ard $230 per ft.

suggest u look for more quotes to compare.