Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

And what about flats that are entirely shaped like giant arrows, with the master bedroom at the 'tip', so to speak? I dare not even make a guess about what the HDB is trying to suggest here... ;)

Drawing_Page_1.jpg

Courtesy of Minimalist Bedok Reservoir View

We've seen a lot of arrow-shaped flats pointing to the right, so just for fun, here's one pointing to the left: :D

AmendedFlatPlan.jpg

Courtesy of Chip & Dale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

An interesting variation on the typical EM model:

1-FloorPlanSmall.jpg

Courtesy of Little Monkey's Tree House

The 'study' is actually larger than the 'dining' area (they expect people to study a lot in Bukit Panjang, apparently... :rolleyes: ), there is both a balcony and service balcony (Yay! Somewhere to hang clothes and somewhere to chill out outdoors!), and bedroom 3 actually juts out over the access corridor below (hmmm... no comment!). A very interesting design!

Found this layout rather interesting:

FlrPln.jpg

Courtesy of Cave

Although this is obviously not a recently-built flat (it has no service yard or household shelter, and the rubbish chute is in the kitchen), this flat has (rather intelligently, I feel) a common bathroom which faces the living / dining areas and is easily accessible from the common bedrooms (like new flats - see above). Why the HDB could not have continued designing apartments like this is a great mystery to me... :rolleyes:

Thanks for starting this thread PublicLife! Really enjoy seeing all the different layouts.

IMG-20110919-01160.jpg

IMG-20110919-01159.jpg

Thanks for this floor plan Kobe bro!

This apt is huge! :dribble:

There is a narrower triangular EM without such a huge void area at the foyer.

Rats! You guys should have gone for it! :yeah:

True, the living spaces are a little bit oddly shaped (just a little) but, as strikingreality points out, they can be opened up beautifully (think a loft, with a high-ceilinged entrance foyer, open plan kitchen, and built-in seating where the 'study' now is!) and the bedrooms aren't too bad (at least they aren't triangular! :rolleyes: ).

Ohhh... I can so imagine one of those Moooi lamps or nice dramatic hanging lamps at the foyer...

But... this is one of those gotta get FSM advice before going for it kind of layout.

Wow! The winner in the 'Longest Living Room in Singapore' awards has to be this guy:

layoutyk9.jpg

Courtesy of Cb's Reno Blog

Even with furniture in it, he could play badminton in his living room! Or he could use it to do laps! :sport-smiley-018:

The kitchen, however, is alarmingly small by contrast! At just 2.5m across, it's only big enough to boil water in... okay, maybe you might also have enough space to make instant noodles as well. :rolleyes:

And the poor neglected study is tucked away in a corner behind the household shelter... Makes for a perfect 'man cave' though... You could tell your wife that you're in there answering important emails from the office, while you are actually playing Football Manager! :notti: She won't be any the wiser... ;)

Wow! The winner in the 'Longest Living Room in Singapore' awards has to be this guy:

layoutyk9.jpg

I'll knock out the wall between the kitchen and study to do a kitchen cum dining area. There's a window over there, so it's not so enclosed.

I'll then do a glass partition across the living/dining at the wall next to bedroom 3 to do the study. Then have the area between the new study and the kitchen/dining area as the living room.

Too bad the wall between bedroom 3/living area is a solid wall, if not can hack and get a hugeass bedroom!

Edited by strikingreality

Was trawling through the forum (as usual) when I realised that there are at least two Renotalkers living at the City View @ Boon Keng (a DBSS, which gives it the 'quality finishings' of a condo and the rigid rules of a HDB flat... oh what joy... :rolleyes: ). Anyway, I don't know what anyone else thinks about this, but when I saw their floorplans, I realised that their master bathrooms have long bay windows, which could leave the occupants of these bathrooms ... ahem ... rather over-exposed, so to speak. Wasn't aware that Singaporeans were being encouraged to be quite so adventurous... ;)

floorplano.jpg

Courtesy of Our 1st Home...

c1.gif

Courtesy of The Manhattan Chic

Actually, I would have gotten an EA if I found any that came with 3 toilets. Unfortunately the ones I saw all seem to have only two toilets. You can practically do laps around the generous living and dining area in some of the EAs, or even construct another room to have 5 bedrooms. Can't remember which T-Blog I saw that from tho... :P

Just for you, adidaem! Found an EA with three toilets! :D

hugeexec-1.jpg

In I-Ching Feng Shui, we refer to IMAGES.

A Broken-Heart MBR and a Toilet in the centre of house. :jawdrop:

What about this one then...

flr_plan.jpg

Courtesy of Kitty's Cattery

At the centre of the home is a... household shelter! HDB's message to all home owners: Run and hide! :huh:

When HDB decided to 'upsize' their flats, they came up with this (cue Händel's Messiah, the Hallelujah Chorus, playing in the background as you take in its utter awesomeness):

Woodlandssuperhuge174sqm.jpg

(And, in case you can't do the math, I'll let you in on my calculations. It's approximately 174 sq m in size!) :jawdrop:

Just for you, adidaem! Found an EA with three toilets! :D

hugeexec-1.jpg

Ohhh... you are the best!

It's almost perfect... except that the 2 bedroom toilets are teeny tiny! How to fit a shower cubicle in them?

The Woodlands EA is a giant! Can definitely be made into 5 bdrooms. Or even 6! The MBR is 2 rooms by itself. Amazing... BUT... shortage of loos tho... Can't imagine q-ing to use the loo... 8|

Ohhh... you are the best!

It's almost perfect... except that the 2 bedroom toilets are teeny tiny! How to fit a shower cubicle in them?

The Woodlands EA is a giant! Can definitely be made into 5 bdrooms. Or even 6! The MBR is 2 rooms by itself. Amazing... BUT... shortage of loos tho... Can't imagine q-ing to use the loo... 8|

Yeah. It's hilarious how bathrooms 1 and 2 are together about the same size as bathroom 3. So, there's one hugeass bathroom and two teeny tiny ones... *shakes head*

I'd mentioned earlier that I'll love to see the floorplans for those rare HDB apts with lofts... some pics to show you what I mean:

1916 sqft / 178 sqm 'penthouse' in 851 Hougang Central

851-hougang-central-1916-sqft.jpg

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/for-sale-loft-mais-851-hougang-central-5290783

2141 sqft / 199 sqm 446 Bright Hill Drive (not stated as 'penthouse' but from the pics I'm guessing it is)

446-bright-hill-2142-sqft-pic1.jpg

446-bright-hill-2142-sqft-pic2.jpg

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-blk-446-brighthill-drive-3096754