Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PublicLife

Hdb Floorplans: The Best (And Worst) Layouts In Public Housing

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Share another nice 5I layout, able to convert the study room to bedroom...

MFloorPlan.PNG

You're right! Very nice! :good:

This is also pretty great too... The study can already function as a bedroom (it's nicely walled off) and the flat has a great balcony at the entrance (makes a great foyer for the taking off and putting on of shoes - very important in the Asian context, which always makes me wonder why all HDB flats don't have it... hmmm...).

floorplan.png

Courtesy of My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

Is it just my imagination, or does this very ... ahem ... unique-looking 3-room flat have two main entrances?

layoutkw.jpg

Courtesy of Sanpok Chubby @ 3rm Bukit Batok

Unless I'm reading this wrong, there appears to be one entrance from the access corridor (or "Accsee", as it has been mysteriously spelt - I think they forgot to run 'spell check' before submitting the layout to the master database!) and one from the balcony. Hmmm... interesting... :unsure:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, there appears to be one entrance from the access corridor (or "Accsee", as it has been mysteriously spelt - I think they forgot to run 'spell check' before submitting the layout to the master database!) and one from the balcony. Hmmm... interesting... :unsure:

Could it be a ground floor unit?

This huge place is 189 sqm / 2034 sqft at 805 Woodlands Street 81...

Really love the space and the fact that it has 3 toilets!

87bc0f436507_1_V550.jpg

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-805-woodlands-street-81-414214

Another 3 toilet layout... 170 sqm

floorplan.jpg

Source: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34305

This is big, but only 2 loos...

floorplanq.jpg

Source: http://forum.punggol.org/index.php?topic=13848.15

On the flip side, this is a really strange layout... with that awful wall in the middle of the house...

3179499926_1ae160cdb8_b.jpg

Source: http://www.renotalk.com/Forum/tabid/84/afv/topic/aff/23/aft/78011/afpg/1/Default.aspx

On the flip side, this is a really strange layout... with that awful wall in the middle of the house...

Looks like an adjoining unit with two entrances. Didn't know they'd be called 5-room improved.

Edited by schiz0id

This huge place is 189 sqm / 2034 sqft at 805 Woodlands Street 81...

Really love the space and the fact that it has 3 toilets!

87bc0f436507_1_V550.jpg

Source: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-805-woodlands-street-81-414214

Woah! It even comes with a space that's denoted as "family"! So that's where you can hide the kids, if they get too naughty... ;)

But the problem with this place is that almost all the walls are solid black lines which should indicate that they can't been knocked down! So, spaces can't be opened up or walls removed. You're just stuck with this layout... forever! :bangwall:

Could it be a ground floor unit?

Well, I considered that possibility... But for ground floor units, the access corridor outside is usually described on floorplans as a "footway", like this ground-floor 3-room unit:

floorplan.jpg

So, it's a bit of a mystery... :rolleyes:

Woah! It even comes with a space that's denoted as "family"! So that's where you can hide the kids, if they get too naughty... ;)

But the problem with this place is that almost all the walls are solid black lines which should indicate that they can't been knocked down! So, spaces can't be opened up or walls removed. You're just stuck with this layout... forever! :bangwall:

one reason why i did not consider this unit when i was hunting for my new house was the walls... u may have a huge floor area on paper but in actual fact the area that u can run around is small... :bangwall:

one reason why i did not consider this unit when i was hunting for my new house was the walls... u may have a huge floor area on paper but in actual fact the area that u can run around is small... :bangwall:

Yeah...and all these unusable spaces are in your buying price

Edited by renoseeker

Any more interesting floor plans to share?

I have this to share!!! I won't disclose much info here....but you can search the Geomancy forum for the answers!!

5jn5_602_uc4it.png