Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Good luck, this kind of biz man need to be punished.

Been advised by lawyers to remove the post. If I need to sue him, don need more evidence against me. Sorry, will tell u all more when everything is settled.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Been advised by lawyers to remove the post. If I need to sue him, don need more evidence against me. Sorry, will tell u all more when everything is settled.

Didn't have the chance to read your plight. If you are stating facts, events and time, there's no need to bother about the posting unless there are something else such as accusations or unacceptable words used.

If you have consulted a lawyer, it will be good that you can scan a copy and post it here or any other forums. Most contracotrs are afraid of bad reputation. The problem is that most contractors going bust don't care about their company being sued but afraid that their name goes down the drain in this industry. Suppliers in the future will shun him.

If you haven't file your affadavit with the lawyer but only consulted, best that you waste no time to go to small claims. Once his company name is there, his company may be marked by banks etc and you may quickly check out where do you queue in filing for small claims because there may be aleady a long queue before you.

For CASE, no point as the most they only try mediation and you got to join member first $$$. Too bad for you to enter such situation, something to think on a positive note, try to look at as the experience you can learn on legal matters. Good luck!

"head-on" choice is always painful to both, be prepared. Once decided, no u-turn, no regrets. Congratulation in advance.

To all dearest forumers, sympathy needs to be earned which takes patience, time, and desires to understand. Don't "anyhow" let sympathy overflows.

Edited by bepgof

"head-on" choice is always painful to both, be prepared. Once decided, no u-turn, no regrets. Congratulation in advance.

To all dearest forumers, sympathy needs to be earned which takes patience, time, and desires to understand. Don't "anyhow" let sympathy overflows.

Sorry, I don't agree that sympathy is earned. Do you mean that those people that is suffering needs to earn their sympathy? And, how do you earn sympathy? Isn't it heart-felt? Anyway, I doubt anyone needs sympathy... Just eympathize. Instead, I feel respect needs to be earn by works... Period.

Sorry, I don't agree that sympathy is earned. Do you mean that those people that is suffering needs to earn their sympathy? And, how do you earn sympathy? Isn't it heart-felt? Anyway, I doubt anyone needs sympathy... Just eympathize. Instead, I feel respect needs to be earn by works... Period.

What I'm trying to say is with too easy and "too much" sympathy in the beginning without paying efforts to realising the truth of whole story, always and eventually landed felt being cheated, understand?

Superficial, decorating words, lips service are "simple and easy" as they are "free of charge", need not to be "earned", but it reveals a person's character. Here flooded a lot with such.

True sympathy takes time to "listen" (by heart hor, not by ear), to feel, to understand, to get involved, to help, to sacrify......thus it has to be "earned". Sympathy is part of emotional development within mankind.

Hi nat0206,

Althought I did not get the full story, some parts in this thread shows some similarities to the ID that we're reviewing. Do you mind just let me know whether this ID reside in Balestier? Hope it's not so that I can have peace of mind.

Thanks.

Lodged a police report. Then go CASE lodged another complain with them and then small claim. If not go straight to them and asked for full refund and tell them about CASE

I dunno if he got another shop. But as far as I know his shop is already closed!! By the way, case does nothing...

Baliestier, one of the firms, had one case on newspaper that the contractor cheated the owner of $85000!!! And his house in in rumbles...

Hi,

I don't mean to be rude in having differing opinions. Empathizing is the highest level of listening according to Stephen Covey's 7 habits of Highly effective people.

With reference to his book, his explanation of empathisizing with people is derived from this ancient chinese word . After taking this chinese word apart, you will see the chinese characters ear (耳), eye (目), heart (心) & king (王).

When a person listens with his/ her ears, eyes, heart and treats the person whose crying out as a king, that's empathisizing.

However, before a person "earns" any sympathy from others, there must be convincing grounds for it. As such, what's shared with others to solicit that sympathy or empathy, must show concrete & coherent (logical) evidence for it.

When the victim's write-up is articulated in such a manner that seems to hint on a lacking in coherence, that's when readers start to find it tough to feel sympathetic. In other words, the failure to "earn" sympathy becox it's undeserving.

Anyways, I hoped that the thread starter has already solved her problem with her renovator.

Edited by edenstrauss

I dunno if he got another shop. But as far as I know his shop is already closed!! By the way, case does nothing...

Baliestier, one of the firms, had one case on newspaper that the contractor cheated the owner of $85000!excl.gif And his house in in rumbles...

I had maybe seen the report too...It's on The New Paper right?

I really feel for all the people who are cheated, in some form or another. I am not going to debate whether sympathy needs to be earned or not....but what I think is that everyone has an internal "sensor" for what is right and what is wrong. So, I feel for you, nat0206. Money is hard to earn....

If you have already file a suit, then prepare to hang on. Litigation is long and tedious and you really need to have solid "black and white to stand a chance." I hope you get your money back and all. As for your removing of the original post, I think it is wise.

Even if you give us the name of the renovator, it is probably not useful to people, since the corrupt guy can just close down the company and start another in another name, another address. In fact, this scenario has already happened.

Moving on, I suggest that the next time you want to engage a renovator, please do the homework. It may sound cruel and unkind of me, but I think your chances of getting conned is much lower if you had really done your homework at the start. Please forgive me from being blunt....but this is for your own good for the long run. I am around the same age as you actually, but I have seen a lot and experienced a lot. Just take my word for it: Don't trust people explicitly, unless they show themselves to be trustworthy.

Wish you all the best.

Edited by renoseeker

What I'm trying to say is with too easy and "too much" sympathy in the beginning without paying efforts to realising the truth of whole story, always and eventually landed felt being cheated, understand?

Superficial, decorating words, lips service are "simple and easy" as they are "free of charge", need not to be "earned", but it reveals a person's character. Here flooded a lot with such.

Great wisdom from bepgof here. I am very blunt in real life too...but online, I try to hold back a little because it could be forever there.

Freedom of speech, yes, but we also need to know how and when to exercise the freedom of speech.

bepgof, maybe you can hold a little too? Just my humble opinion. Don't be offended.

No point in talking terms or meeting up with such guys. He won't turn up cos he don't have $$$ to pay you back. I had before like you that I even scolded the same guy that u had scolded before but no point cos he will just put his phone away fr his ears and I even scolded him thru phone in PUBLIC that I myself burst into TEARS. STAND UP & BE STRONG, NAT.

Hope you can STAND UP AND WORKED TOGETHER WITH US TO DEAL WITH THIS CHEATER.