Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wu Jiahong Alvin Ng

Samsung Galaxy S2 Vs Iphone 4

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Its quite affordable too, I really expected it to be higher.

I thought it cost more than the iPhone 4 when it was first launched.

M1 has announced their price plans. Wonder if Singtel has done the same..

wat happen??

Singtel asks customers to register interest. According to one of their customer service assistant managers, from this lot, they specially select a pool of customers to sell the new phones to. While the rest of us who registered interest are left refreshing on a page that doesn't allow us to apply for our time slot to go down to buy the phone, those select few are given a URL from which they can order from.

Customers rush to get online on 26 Oct at 10am to book their time slot to collect their phones. After 1.5 hrs, they say they are fully booked and closed that booking page. All the time slots for launch are snapped up. These are people who supposedly got ahead of everyone else and can pick up their phones on 28, 29 and 30 Oct at Suntec City.

Later that same afternoon (26 Oct), don't know how come, they opened their online shop for people to purchase the phones online. This time round, these people can get their phones delivered to them on 28 Oct from 2-5pm. Home delivery, FOC.

So, why ask people to register interest? Why make people rush at 10am to try to book a slot in the morning? Why have the launch at Suntec when you can do home delivery for everyone? Tsk.... Very disappointed with Singtel and how they handled this whole iPhone 4S launch. Screwed up management. Total waste of my time. :curse:

aiyo..can feel u..e stupid singtel management.. dunno wat e **** they are doing... always got problem..

Sigh.. Thanks.... They are complacent cos they think they are the leaders. Poor us - the consumers.... Bleah :bangwall:

typical singtel behaviour jawdrop.gif

Yeah.. nothing new.. but they really are getting from bad to worse!

Anyway, in keeping to topic, if you guys are looking to get the iphone 4s, my personal opinion is, if you don't use the camera too much, iphone 4 is really good enough.

Siri is no big deal (unless you're into funny answers) cos iphone 3GS and iphone 4 have voice control capabilities that allow you to do similar things that Siri does, like dialing a particular number or playing music etc.

Processor speed is a tad faster but not worth the price tag.

So all in all, no biggie if you're currently holding onto a iphone 4. You're better off waiting for iphone 5, trust me.

Yeah.. nothing new.. but they really are getting from bad to worse!

Anyway, in keeping to topic, if you guys are looking to get the iphone 4s, my personal opinion is, if you don't use the camera too much, iphone 4 is really good enough.

Siri is no big deal (unless you're into funny answers) cos iphone 3GS and iphone 4 have voice control capabilities that allow you to do similar things that Siri does, like dialing a particular number or playing music etc.

Processor speed is a tad faster but not worth the price tag.

So all in all, no biggie if you're currently holding onto a iphone 4. You're better off waiting for iphone 5, trust me.

Ya, I think I'll just wait for iPhone 5.. my contract still got 1 year if buy now need to top up another $300 -_-". Anyways feel really bad for you about Singtel, my home using their internet quite fail man

Ya, I think I'll just wait for iPhone 5.. my contract still got 1 year if buy now need to top up another $300 -_-". Anyways feel really bad for you about Singtel, my home using their internet quite fail man

Thanks Exodus, so nice of you :) Yup, iPhone 5 supposedly has an all-new design. Can't wait for it ;)

And yeah, their fibre is really no faster than their broadband. Not significant enough to warrant that change. Lucky i'm shifting to a place with no fibre yet, the last I enquired, I can go back to broadband without incurring any penalty... :P

Hm...When I-phone 5 come out, it will be yet another frenzy again and telcos will again sell super ex

Is there a way to "shortcut" the telcos and just get the phone? Anyone try before?

I like Samsung Galaxy S2's :

-swype text input method - super accurate & fast. Just slide over the keypad, the word appears, auto spacing....Can do "shorthand writing" while speaker speaks...

- Slimer, lighter weight.

- chinese character input, just write over the screen, good and accurate recognition, no more han yu pin yin.

- With Whatsapp, phones with different OSs can send/receive txt, files, iOS loses out liao.

- Speech-to-text recongition no horse run.

- Big screen. Very clear picture/video.

- Battery life so so. USB port to charge. 2way comm between phone & pc.

Believe Google's android will lead the mkt. iphone is fashion, iconic. Once the product life cycle is over, then bye bye liao. PLC is toward downhilling now for iphone. Android's APP mkt will lead iOS APP mkt very soon.

bepgof, u using S2 too?

IPhone 4s is heavy then IPhone4.

Once I get use to my S2, when I carry other model phone. They're so heavy :P