Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Terencetcw

J&t Love Haven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hm electricity wise I dunno yet but as my contractor says with downlights u can control which part of lighting u wish to on ., it could be 2 downlights of 2 x 12w compared to single source where all the while it will be maybe 3x14w bulbs or so .. U can't specify where u want your light to be on .. You may need bigger wattage to cover the bigger areas sufficiently lor but then one man meat is another man piston but your false ceiling quotes **** good!!

Btw I even use downlights in bathrooms and kitchen lol so Erm haha

If u wanna save then do simple lor hehe my house there gt 1 light shop nt bad for nice ceiling lights most of my fanciful ceiling lights from there cept a v heavy chandelier from Chelsea

haha guys and gals

Thanks for your speedy reply! :sport-smiley-003:

Budget wise...i was quoted quite cheap..$1400 :rolleyes: (IMHO) for false ceiling (kitchen+MBR+CR1+CR2)

Thus i wish to take advantage of it (since im biting the bullet along the quote)

but i do note that electricity tariff is exp by having say, 6 bulbs turn on for MBR will it consume more electricity compare to normal ones? :deal:

getting downlights may not be that difficult i guess~ :P but installing them for sure will cost a bomb :D

Because i know if i dont install them now and plan to install it later, i bet everyone will forget about this idea :D

I have this pros and cons table:

False-ceiling:

Pros:

- Nice, sleek and elegant

- As ayukie mentioned, Straight lighting concept hehe

- no need to wash the light when Chinese New year

Cons:

- Exp to install

- Require more point to brighten up the area

- Electricity?

haha guess im too greedy while doing the renovation haha

Everything also need haha too poison by T-blog threat~

Every houses nicely done :good:

eh wad about living room?

one con about false ceiling is the reduced ceiling height.

Edited by Simontsh

Simontsh - haha u can afford it!

Hmz if u get those slim downlights (for led) u can do 4inch instead of 6inch false ceiling but actually nt alot of point IMO ... But then u need to think over carefully ..

Would like to thanks centrino2 for all the kang tau~ :rolleyes:

This definitely do looks gorgeous ~ im hopping the price will not burst my budget again~ haha :sport-smiley-004:

ScreenShot2011-11-12at101100AM.png

Hoping to place at my kitchen and living hall/study room :yamseng:

Please advice where to get this kind of sockets?

Ohh yeah talking about aircon...

Do we need to call up HDB or whoever to get approval on installing aircon for the unit? regardless system 3 or 4?

Or the electrician will do the "overload power" calculation to justify which A/C suit your unit? :unsure:

just check out this page-

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesAirCon?OpenDocument

and this -

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos119p.nsf/Search?OpenForm

basically, if your max loading allow is <8.5amp(usually those flat completed before 1994), you are constraint to smaller capacity aircon. If it's no restriction, you can install bigger units.

Edited by jackwolf

Ohh yes!! :sport-smiley-003:

Your block has been provided with higher electrical loading. You need not apply for an HDB permit to carry out electrical works/air-con installation works . If you wish to rewire your flat or install additional electrical points for air-con, water heater etc, you need to submit an application (using SP Services Ltd's Form CS/5H) to HDB. Thereafter you may apply to SP Services Ltd to test the extensions.

Would like to thanks centrino2 for all the kang tau~ :rolleyes:

This definitely do looks gorgeous ~ im hopping the price will not burst my budget again~ haha :sport-smiley-004:

ScreenShot2011-11-12at101100AM.png

Hoping to place at my kitchen and living hall/study room :yamseng:

Hi Terencetcw, can share this lobang to me also?