Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Terencetcw

J&t Love Haven

Hi All,

Was a busy day hunting for good and affordable kitchen + toiletry stuff for 6 hours :o

Practically was trying to compare the "higher-end house brand" vs "Grohe & Hansgrohe" brand

I have list down those potential stores as below:

This is just my own opinion for their professionalism and service encountered :D

Jalan Besar:

1) Royal Fanco

- Not very fancy store, not many products on display

- Didn't manage to get hold the lady's name but customer service ok and quite helpful.

- Acceptable selection on WC (Arino model)

- Limited Grohe package on display. (Found later their package is more exp than other shops)

2) Poh Seng Hardware Enterprise

- Lots of wash basin, taps, WC selection (Arino is cheaper by $30)

- Served by a lady but she wasn't very helpful no explanation just stood there and following us. When she realized that we are just window shopping she stop entertain us and went back to her workstation.

- WC was OK. no explanation was given on the products

3) GR Link Marketing

- Closed on Sunday

4) Hoe Kee (New World Centre)

- Was so happy finally i can visit Hoe Kee after seeing not so impressive products to our liking

- Saw 2 rows of WC ..those having promotion which are ROZ-R8368 at $289 for one piece & lower end model ROZ-8916 $199

- Found "Blanco" sink so happy again rush there n see and was shock with the price tag..another whooping $438 (promo price)/ $540 and $399 (promo price) ;)

- Served by a chubby guy which is kind of friendly and knowledgeable at first, n recommended me not to get rain shower due to water pressure issue.

- Some infor sharing with hin n he realized that my reno will start later and i have not gotten my keys yet..suddenly he MIA :o

- Well, guess i might take my business else where ~ since everything is "Nett" not not the best deal in town :bleah:

5) Hupfarri (Didn't know the shop name just went in because i saw lots of WC, basin...and GROHE!)

- After a sad experience at Hoe Kee, plan my next destination @ Poh Joo but on the way I happily bump into this shop with nice display set of Grohe products. Went in without knowing what is the shop name thus pretend to look look see see normal product and was served by a good and young female sales assistant

- Slowly i went to Grohe showroom and saw 4 packages for Grohe :good: . Was shock that their packages was slightly cheaper than Royal Fanco.

- Customer service was awesome! My wife and I love their design and the chemistry between the sale assistant. She is helpful and willing to spend 2 hours+ explaining to us what is good and what is not good for their home brand.

- Saw the Kitchen tap we wanted to get but was whooping >$1k from Grohe (other shops selling $>8xx)

- Wide range of selections on toilet basin, accessories, taps, WC and i plan to get all the stuff from there (to have higher demanding power for discount)

- She is giving me better discount for Grohe (but i miss the 25% last month)

- I only manage to know i went in Hupfarri after 30mins of info sharing :P (I wonder Hupfarri is it consider higher-end product??)

So, i stop proceeding my journey to hunt for better deals as buying a bit stuff from here n there might not get the best discount...

Journey stopped:

6) Poh Joo (Since many ppl giving negative feedback on rust issue? no idea)

7) Indulge

8) Asia Excel

9) Lookz

Now the question for Hupferri:

1) A normal house brand WC with design "One-Piece" cost $220 is it cheap?

2) Their wash basin (claimed to have good quality compare to other shop as their wash basin weight is heavier) average price at $288 per piece. (Imagine 2x wash basin will cost me $560 after discount)

Untitled.png

Same shape but i guess the bowl is slightly higher than this but shallow in diameter compare the ones at Hupfarri :unsure:

3) Is Grohe package no discount. Discount only available for Ala-carte selections?

Upgraded my Grohe tap to serve my basin

Grohe.gif

I yet to pay deposit for their items but was quite interested to seal the deal with them. :P

Exp: Wash Basin

: Toilet Bowl?

: Toilet accessories? eg. tower rack for min $170, shampoo holder for average $190? :bath:

Anyone bought their things from there? Pls advise~~

Thanks~ folks :yamseng:

Edited by Terencetcw

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Sleek,

Thanks indeed a big move to get a house at this phase resale HDB prices all shoot up!

Ohh yeah i miss out Royal Fanco..:) heard their products not too bad~

But basically, what is the criteria to choose water taps? basic? WC?

How do we justify the taps are good quality both comes with mirror finishing material...

Im afraid that taps/mixers/shower head in long run (say 3yrs) it start to oxidize... :bath:

Will you guys prefer to choose:

1) "Design" < Price < Brand or

2) "Brand" < Design < Price

I guess criteria like with all things is based on individual preference and budget? haha not very helpful but if you like something who is to say if it is too cheap or too expensive. Quality is always important but unless you know people who have used that product for long term, it's quite hard to glean reviews otherwise. Even on this forum, people dont come back after eg a year to give a review on the products purchased and reno standard. About 2 years ago, I bought a generic handheld shower made by a European company from Hoe Kee Imm to replace my broken one which lasted 6 years and so far, it is doing well but of course quite early on it has the usual oxidization on the rod where it can slide up and down.

You can also try Adamas at Balestier, look for a China girl called ming feng, friendly and good service without being pushy.

Toilet accessories? eg. tower rack for min $170, shampoo holder for average $190?

Sounds expensive - is that under grohe? you can consider welmi (chicken brand) from song-cho for that price, about 2-3mth back I called to inquire on prices and was quoted $136.95 for http://www.welmi.com.tw/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=9310s

Edited by sleek

Hi Sleek,

yeah it seems abit exp...for min ave $170 but their finishing looks slightly modern but serve the same purpose for towel rack.

As for Welmi, price at $140 is that an average price for towel holder?

let me get back to my ID on the measurement for some items :rolleyes:

Ohh yeah, normally do you guys install lots of accessories in the toilet?

1) Towel holder

2) Soap holder (can be replace by putting hand soap)

3) Toothbrush holder

4) Toilet roll holder

5) Single Pin holder (serve as putting your clothes/broom?)

6) Horizontal glass holder for mics products e.g. toothpaste ....

All are wall mount.. :unsure: guess it makes the toilet quite complicated....

Updates:

Haven survey on Hansrohe yet, so went to AAMOR Pte. Ltd.

They are carrying Hanshore and some highend brand.

Customer service is good but the price tag even better "EXP!" than Grohe :jawdrop:

They have packages from A, B, C, D, E, F but can't top up the differences for upgrade. If go by Ala-crate pocket going to burn one super big hole~ :deal:

As i always wanted to see Hansgrohe PuraVida range but was very naive that i though price is quite competitive compare to Grohe but i was wrong due to:

1) You need to purchase every single things such as hose, showerhead bar, showerhead, mixer, tap.

Although they are having 25% discount for everything but i still find it expensive...

here are the stuff i selected.

ScreenShot2011-10-10at110625PM.png

Upgraded to highriser $<1k :jawdrop:

ScreenShot2011-10-10at110753PM.png

i though this will be around $500+ but is $>1k :jawdrop:

ScreenShot2011-10-10at110920PM.png

this even worst..full set $>500+. showerhead $>240, hose and bar separate price... :jawdrop:

guess i'll KIV for hansgrohe...

Edited by Terencetcw

Hey! First of all, congrats on setting up your new blog! Finally gotten your keys ya!

ScreenShot2011-10-10at110920PM.png

this even worst..full set $>500+. showerhead $>240, hose and bar separate price... :jawdrop:

We got this exact same set for our master toilet. The difference is we only buy the shower head and not the bar or even the hose. We mix and match the rest from other no brand co.. But frankly, if you don't have water pressure, its really no use paying so much for a showerhead.

Edited by Dreaming

We bought our WC and long undermount basin (forgot the specific brand) from Asia Excel. Nothing wrong so far. But price is not those super cheap kind.

For very basic stuff, you can try Genova or Chuan Heng. Good and cheap! :good:

@Dreaming,

Thanks :rolleyes: yeap finally i start with my T-blog as i ask too many question on ppl's blog hehe

Even now i have tons of questions too...

Will be getting the keys on coming Thursday (20/10/11) 4pm uhh hoo~~

Tomorrow will be inspection day for the new house~

(Yet to know what to check and i dont think the existing owner will rectify the problems if i found out crack tiles n so on)

Yeah...Hansgrohe showerhead cost $200+ but it seems it require high water pressure to fully utilize... :unsure:

Purchase pending for this model...:)

Can i say Asia Excel (haven been to this place yet) price is comparative as Hupfarri jalan besar?

haha look nice orr~

I think i really need to bring this picture along and hunt for better price~

If can get <$400 i share with u guys~ :)

U can try http://www.wholesale-faucet.com/category-3-b0-Bathroom-Faucet.html, price is pretty good. I bought part of my tap and shower faucet requirements from them. My plumber said not bad when he installed them. Their brushed nickel faucet is nice :)

hihi guys,

Was busy tracking and updating your beloved T-Blog reno progress hehe :sport-smiley-004:

Guess is my time to update some of the stuff..

Sunday (16/10/11) noon went to my soon to be my house for inspection~ took lots of photo and check on the condition for the house (As signing OTP is my first time visiting and roughly glance through the basic stuff) this time round i checked on the:

1) Water Pressure

2) WM piping

3) MBR + Common toilet (omg it looks smaller than floor-plan) :o (Blame the ID drew the 3D for toilet so huge and spacious 8| )

4) Ceiling condition

5) Tiles condition

6) Availability SCV for each room

7) Proposed carpentry to be placed

8) Fire rated door condition and normal bedroom doors

9) Windows

10) Aircon space (I was told that HBD is illegal to place 2 compressor??) i plan to get 1x system 3 + 1 system 1 to save electricity

Below is the initial design i have for kitchen to construct so called normal layout parallel kitchen cabinet but come to think again..we do not need so many cabinets and extra 8ft we need to top up additional $2k+ with laminate :deal:

So...after a few trips to NLB and bought a few Home& Deco, Square Rooms...finally i plan to construct an Island hehe yes is an "Island" :sport-smiley-004:

But 1 concern...am i able to hack off "reinforce beam"??? do i need to pay for the HDB permit?

ScreenShot2011-10-18at111008PM.png

Edited by Terencetcw

haha you're expert :)

I just based on design and layout to decide where to place the shoe cabinet~

Btw can i know what is thie call and where can i get this?

tap.jpg

Poh Joo sells similar design for <400. Arino brand.

I'm also getting this kitchen sink mixer.

I didn't know about their rusting issues but a few of my friends bought their taps from Poh Joo and it's fine so far.. though it's less than a year of purchases.

< $400 is a pretty good buy~

Yes other place is selling at least >$500~ but is very tall and huge....let me get u some picture i captured at IMM hehe :sport-smiley-004:

DSC04488.jpg

Taken at IMM i forget which ID shop is this :P

And yes FINALLY~ Key Collected hehe and im gg to change all the locks to for precautions :rolleyes:

photo-3.jpg

Next need to plan:

1) Kicthen Cabinet Space Design

2) Wardrobe Space Design

3) False- Ceiling/ L-Box Design

Take note for the kitchen faucet with spray you mentioned, you need a height clearance of minimal 50cm for the small version and i think 70 cm for the original version

This may be a problem for those where you have dish racks planned on top of the kitchen sink. Your disk rack may need to be placed quite high which will make it out of normal reach, especially for shorties like me

After some walking, i found that song cho has a faucet with spray. Stainless steel as well. The height is less than 40cm. But the bad point is it has no mixer, so only cold water.

After discussion, we decided dunnid mixer (we dun have heater for hot water in kitchen anyway)

The faucet is retailing at 400 at song cho

for $400 seems a good buy tho' i went to Poh Seng need at least >$500~

The more i see those faucets the more confuse i am~ and the higher chances to let ppl cut carrot haha

same to lights haha

Hi All,

got lobang for you guys if u wish to get your mattress..:)

Went Dhoby Ghaut on Monday night...saw there's King Koil mattress 50% on sale~ i wonder is it a good buy...

Price range from $800~1799 Queen size with bed frame :thumbs up:

Any feedback in King Koil? (im not looking at 3's mattress they come in huge price tag~~ :deal: )

Carrefour-25-Oct-2011.jpg

Simmons Promotion

Simmons is offering their:

Beautyrest Eternity at $2,893 (usual price: $5,078)

Beautyrest Celestine at $4,695 (usual price: $7,058)

Additional $199 savings for newly weds.

Gifts-with-Purchase:

Spender bedframe

2 DeepSleep pillows and 1 Mattress Protector

Prices reflect Queen size, also available in King size.

Edited by Terencetcw

Hi All,

Been busying looking for bed frame reviews and price vs quality.

Beside the 3s guess only option left will be:

1) King Koil

2) 4Star

3) Beds.sg?

I went down Plaza Singapura to check out on their mattress for 2x times to check on the quality and price.

It seems not too bed on the mattress firmness, all their bed comes with standard pocket spring, anti dust mite, latex n so on.

Not much information on King Koil reviews in renotalk so, i might based on comfort level on sleeping on their sample bed :rolleyes:

Im planning to get 3x beds there~

I wonder those sales talk really catch my attention by saying "year end sale" will more slightly more expensive than road show :dunno: but seems King Koil now having 50% promo with package well it seems a good deal :D

Anyway some pictures for the new house hehe :D

1) Dining Hall

Diningarea.jpg

2)Kitchen entrance soon the be hack away

KitchenWalltohack.jpg

3)Master Bedroom to be hack on all the "old-school" design by replacing a workstation

MBR.jpg

4) Master Bedroom Windows with their aircon??

DSC04451.jpg

5)I have no idea what is called..is below the Master Bedroom windows a small compartment for storage i support?

What can i do with this?

DSC04452.jpg